PDA

View Full Version : Hamster rescue

Sparkles mummy
08-27-2013, 09:23 AM
I was wondering if anyone know of any hamster rescue centres or breeders in northamptonshire (Northampton), if not i could drive to milton keynes or similar distance. I am looking into getting another hamster at some point but would like to rescue one that could do with a home rather than a baby one that is like to get a home easy, I would really appreciate it if someone could suggest somewhere to me,
Thank you

evel_lin
08-27-2013, 09:56 AM
I live in Bedfordshire and I'm not aware of a rescue centre in the area although if anyone does I'd be interested for the future! If there isn't one you could perhaps look in the adoption centres at PAH or have a look on preloved, gumtree etc. type sites to see if there are any that need a home

Sparkles mummy
08-27-2013, 11:02 AM
Fair enough, ok thanks for that, I have come across a few hamsters recently that have found homes already but if they hadn't I would have had to take them, one had been found wondering the streets!! Underweight and uncared for poor thing, yeah I will do thanks, I just feel that I could offer one of these poor little hamsters that haven't really got a future where they are a nice home, or a couple if they are paired together, some of the stories I've heard really make me want to help

Nush
08-30-2013, 03:42 AM
Not sure if this helps but there is an RSPCA in Northamptonshire which might have hamsters from time to time: Home - RSPCA Northamptonshire (http://rspca-northamptonshire.org.uk/)
Also I found this animal rescue in Northamptonshire which has Syrian hamsters looking for homes: Hamsters | Animals In Need (http://www.animals-in-need.org/hamsters)

I've never used these rescue centres but I found my rescue from the net too and talked to the lady on the phone about my hammy before I got him. She was very informative and I'm very pleased I got him. He's an absolute gem:)

Sparkles mummy
08-30-2013, 06:13 AM
Ok brilliant thank you for Thant, since posting this thread I have gained a Russian hamster from my mums college, as their daughter had him and didn't ever get him out the cage, he is frightened of people, spent his whole life in a ferplast combi 1, and has a food bowl, drink and bed in his cage, no toys or anything to occupy him.
So his in need of lots of love and attention, I also know a Syrian that is looking for a new home that needs a bit of help, and am convinceing my other half to let me rescue her

Nush
08-30-2013, 07:20 AM
Aw bless. I'm glad he's got a new home with you now:)

Sparkles mummy
08-30-2013, 10:39 AM
:) yeah he has, think he wil take a fair while is ever to tame but I'm not going to give up, letting him have his few days to settle in, then will slowly see how he is and what to do