PDA

View Full Version : Rat rations online store?

mouseandstrawberry
07-26-2013, 08:11 AM
I've just ordered from this site and although shipping is royal mail so a tad pricey its sooo cheap and full of natural seeds, cereals, flowers etc. It has the biggest, cheapest selection i've seen.

I'll put a video up on my youtube channel of the haul. I'm just starting out on youtube but its been quite fun.

Stephenie Taylor - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmrXWasgfcyV8FrteZeVcTQ)

Has anyone else ordered from them?

TraceyH
07-26-2013, 08:25 AM
I get the hamster mixes to compliment my normal hamster mix from the local pet shop.
Also, my hams like the different flavoured choc drops from there especially the carroty ones. I buy red millet, buckwheat mixed puffs from there too and those triangle cheese snacks. I also had a 12" silent spinner from there too and it arrived very well packaged.

Amethyst_ice
07-26-2013, 10:48 AM
yes they have been quite popular with our members for a few years.

I get mostly rat things from them xxx

Anthorn
07-26-2013, 12:16 PM
I too like ratrations although they appear to have discontinued their mixed freeze dried crickets and meal worms but still available separately. Carriage is expensive though at £5.20 for Royal Mail and £5.50 for UKMail courier. Rather a lot of people think they only have rat products but not true.

kimlck
07-26-2013, 01:39 PM
Love rat rations!
You can order and then ring them later to pay, the mix's ive bought my hams love, and i do prefer to use the courier option.
Hmm freeze dried crickets, wonder if they are anything like the live ones.....

Amethyst_ice
07-26-2013, 01:59 PM
they actually started out as a bird supply stockist, why many of the products are aviary based xxxxxxxx

purple_x
07-26-2013, 02:08 PM
I've shopped on there for years, started off getting stuff for my mice and then realised the hams could eat lots of the stuff on there too!

vanilla-yazoo
07-26-2013, 04:14 PM
I used to order from rat rations.
their rat mixes are really good, very highly recomended on rat forums, however I use the shuntamite style diet where it is home mixed.
they have a good selection of seeds and grains, dried fruits, vegs, nuts ect, and some of their rat toys are nice for syrians as they are bigger.
I used to use hamster mixes sold on that site, the mr. johnsons is a good mix and they sell it on there, but the other mixes are not complete and require aditional nutritional supplements and vegetables to their diet which make it more costly and hard to balance. I have had bad experiences with it so I now use best pets hamster mix.
They sell the 30cm comfort wheels and silent spinners which are fantastic for syrians.
the shipping is pricey but it always arrives quickly and in good condition and the site owner is helpful when needed.

mouseandstrawberry
07-27-2013, 05:02 AM
I used to order from rat rations.
their rat mixes are really good, very highly recomended on rat forums, however I use the shuntamite style diet where it is home mixed.
they have a good selection of seeds and grains, dried fruits, vegs, nuts ect, and some of their rat toys are nice for syrians as they are bigger.
I used to use hamster mixes sold on that site, the mr. johnsons is a good mix and they sell it on there, but the other mixes are not complete and require aditional nutritional supplements and vegetables to their diet which make it more costly and hard to balance. I have had bad experiences with it so I now use best pets hamster mix.
They sell the 30cm comfort wheels and silent spinners which are fantastic for syrians.
the shipping is pricey but it always arrives quickly and in good condition and the site owner is helpful when needed.

I mix my own food too, would love to know how you do yours?
Yes i've ordered a log hide and mainly treats. I really love the site and the man on the phone was lovely when i rang up to pay. He really knew his stuff :D