PDA

View Full Version : Lucy & Bella

nickydeas
07-23-2013, 08:47 AM
These are my 2 Hybrid dwarfs, I got them both from PAH in April 2013

I had to separate them not long as Lucy was attacking Bella and it got bloody, after so Bella is downstairs in the lounge and Lucy is in my hamster room.

Lucy is the paler one, who last weigh in was 40 grams, Bella is the darker one and she weighed 46 grams.

Nikkigrace
07-23-2013, 09:25 AM
Lucy & Bella are gorgeous :) It's a shame they couldn't stay together but I'm sure they will both be very happy living on their own with plenty of attention from you!

Looking forward to seeing more of these beauties ;)

POLAR WHITES
07-31-2013, 12:43 PM
awww supper cuties, shame they were fighting little tinkers.

zany_toon
08-04-2013, 03:22 PM
They are beautiful little girls :) I'm sorry you couldn't keep them together though :( How are they getting on now?

nickydeas
08-05-2013, 05:52 AM
They are beautiful little girls :) I'm sorry you couldn't keep them together though :( How are they getting on now?

They're getting on fine, seem more happier now than they did when they were together. Both putting on weight and getting used to being handled.
Will do a proper update with some new pics in the next few days.

nickydeas
08-06-2013, 08:46 AM
Thought i'd do an update. They are both fine putting on weight and getting more tame, although i'm having more progress with Bella than Lucy in taming. Lucy seems to have a mind of her own more, and doesn't like being handled as much, where as when I put my hand in Bella's cage to get her out she'll stand up on her back legs and wait for me to pick her up.

Lucy is now 43 grams and Bella is now 51 grams.

nickydeas
08-18-2013, 11:59 AM
Lucy & Bella are gorgeous :) It's a shame they couldn't stay together but I'm sure they will both be very happy living on their own with plenty of attention from you!

Looking forward to seeing more of these beauties ;)

Sorry for not replying earlier.

Thanks they are gorgeous, I tried to leave them together for as long as possible, hoping they'd sort their differences out between themselves. But when they drew blood I knew I had to separate them :( They definitely get plenty of attention. It's lovely seeing their personalities develop since they've been separated. :D

Nikkigrace
08-18-2013, 12:14 PM
That's great that they are doing well on their own.

My first two hamsters were hybrid boys, they were brothers. I didn't know anything about how to try and keep pairs together as I had not yet found this site and needless to say they ended up fighting and being separated. But both boys came out of their shells more once living on their own and their cheeky personalities shone through finally :)