PDA

View Full Version : Hamster Birthday Cake

sammys/mum
06-05-2008, 12:21 PM
It will be Sammy's birthday on Monday 14th July and I've heard that you can make a cake for them containing nuts etc. Has anyone heard of this too or, even better, actually made one?

souffle
06-05-2008, 03:03 PM
We make hamster cakes! Yes we are mad. We just make them a bit like scones and sort of mould in sunflower seeds and sultanas. They all share one about the size of a fairy cake. Just don't use a lot of sugar but some cake as a treat has never done ours any harm.

Spacemonkey
06-05-2008, 05:40 PM
I normally make all mine a cake on their birthdays :D

I get some unsweetened muesli, add sunflower seeds, chopped nuts, sultanas, mix together with a mashed banana and put it in the fridge to set. I garnish with a few Hamster choccy drops and make a number out of cucumber skin... voila! They go crazy for it! :lol:

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f55/spacemonkeysworld/caaaaaake.jpg

Noodles
06-06-2008, 12:34 AM
That cake is the best thing I have ever seen :shock: - Ed is going to have to sacrifice his cornflakes and have muesli (I don't eat cereal) so I have some in stock at all times!! Brilliant. :lol:

agatecrystal
06-07-2008, 02:11 PM
I normally make all mine a cake on their birthdays :D

I get some unsweetened muesli, add sunflower seeds, chopped nuts, sultanas, mix together with a mashed banana and put it in the fridge to set. I garnish with a few Hamster choccy drops and make a number out of cucumber skin... voila! They go crazy for it! :lol:

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f55/spacemonkeysworld/caaaaaake.jpg

That is a brilliant idea SM! Can't wait to try it - none of my hammies are actually one till september :oops: lol

Spacemonkey
06-07-2008, 02:53 PM
Plenty of time to perfect the recipe! :lol:

Its actually not bad, I licked my fingers a few times after mixing it all together, I've tasted worse :mrgreen:

Jane
06-08-2008, 11:07 AM
Charlie was 18 months old the other day, so I made him a little cake (kind of).

It had a layer of baby food, then a layer of peanuts, then a layer of cat food, then lots of millet seeds, then on the top were raisens and yoghurt drops. I put a carrot in the top as a candle. I added a bit of water to stick it all together and put it in the fridge for a few hours. Hmm..there were sunflower seeds in there somewhere too, but I can't remember where!

He loved it! So it can't have been that bad :wink:

Bunsey
06-08-2008, 11:09 AM
i was lazy and just bought one of those seed sandwich things :lol:

Jenni_08
09-22-2008, 01:59 PM
My hams are rescues & I don't know when their bday is - think I'll just make them 1 of those as a 'happy today' cake :D

happysaz133
09-22-2008, 03:10 PM
Great ideas! I love the cake with the numbers on, I'm sure JG would love one of those.

liam4mail
10-03-2008, 06:23 PM
You are all so adorable. That is the cutest cake ever.