PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Gandalf- Gandalf the Grey...Syrian ;)

Gandalf
07-07-2013, 01:46 PM
I was very cheeky when buying this little man, i got him when i was at Uni and i didn't tell my parents. They just had a nice little surprise when they came to get my things last week.

"Now don't shout but..."

As unhappy as they were with my new little friend they can't have been to angry as they've brought him a crinkle tube and lots of tubes to connect to his cage.

Anyway enough about my parents, its time you met him. Here he is, my Gandalf.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1044785_10151998630984688_32168085_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/945004_10151998630974688_320072963_n.jpg

Munchalot
07-07-2013, 02:35 PM
Hahaha I love it! :L I know where you're coming from - I'm at college living in a dorm, and I couldn't resist adopting not one by two hams, and hiding them in my room. Managed to keep the first one for 4 months with my parents or the college knowing about it! xD

He is super sweet. And love his name!

Syrian Hammy
07-07-2013, 02:48 PM
He is beautiful. Very like my Syrian, Shadow.

Gayze
07-07-2013, 03:01 PM
He's a cutie. Hamsters are great college companions. My Pippin I went to college with me and one of my professors even made her an honorary diploma. :-)

Victoriah107
07-09-2013, 10:55 AM
Hammys make the best dorm buddies, don't they?? Haha. I love how your parents warmed up to Gandalf after you went home with him. When I brought home my first ham, my hubby was not sure about her, but now he is a hammy lover too, (on our third and fourth now). Welcome to HC to you and Gandalf :D He is a very handsome boy :D

cactus
07-09-2013, 01:28 PM
Welcome to the forum both of you :) I live with my OH now but my parents can still intrude more than they should sometimes and weren't too happy with me getting a pet, they came around like your parents though and started buying things for the hammies. It's so nice when parents come around like that. Gandalf is gorgeous :) I hope you enjoy your time here on the forum!

becca1612
07-09-2013, 05:25 PM
I can relate to that as well! Growing up we were never allowed pets (despite asking Santa for 3 years running to bring me just a hamster and no other presents! And my older sister buying a cage and bedding etc. she was told to sell it all!), other than a couple of goldfish. So when I moved out of my parents home I decided to get a hamster! I then sent my mum a picture of the transportation box and she wasn't impressed! I've now moved back to my parents home to save money and my Elmo was thankfully allowed to come too :) I can't say my parents are warming to him though!