PDA

View Full Version : Meet Sadie and Booterz

Victoriah107
06-28-2013, 12:11 PM
Meet Sadie, female, and Booterz, male. Hubby and I brought them home from a pet shop.
We are a happy family again. Not having had very many hammys before, we are finding out how different they can be from one another. It's been fun and educating to say the least. Both are very sweet and have shown us their very different personalities and mannerisms. These two were very skittish when we first brought them home several weeks ago but they are now being held and like taking seeds and nut treats from us. We set them up in rat cages (Super Pet) as they were the bigger sized cages and they have lots of room to run around in. A person can forget how much the little ones love to climb and jump at their young ages. I'm concerned that they may hurt themselves having so much fun :eek: I've posted a couple of photos for you. Sadie, (I think) is a winter white dwarf and we are not certain about Booterz, since his coat is different from Sadie's. He has a white chin and throat with white paws and tail. He has a lighter mask across his face and his fur is fluffier than Sadie's, which hers is more thick or dense and soft. I'll try to post more photos as I can get a good one or two with my iffy camera.

icklemunch
06-28-2013, 01:14 PM
Awww they are both gorgeous!!

Syrian Hammy
06-28-2013, 01:58 PM
They are adorable.

Gazmo
06-28-2013, 02:06 PM
how did you find such cuties :3

Victoriah107
06-28-2013, 03:01 PM
how did you find such cuties :3

In our area, there isn't much selection if you are looking for a particular type or color even. We drove 2.5 hours to this pet shop after calling first to check if they had any white dwarf females, they had ONE and Sadie came home with us. Booterz was only just being brought in when my hubby saw him and laid claim on him. Funny, the lengths we go to in finding our special friends, isn't it :lol:

Victoriah107
06-28-2013, 03:03 PM
Awww they are both gorgeous!!

Thanks! We have been blessed with these two <3

Gazmo
06-29-2013, 01:01 AM
In our area, there isn't much selection if you are looking for a particular type or color even. We drove 2.5 hours to this pet shop after calling first to check if they had any white dwarf females, they had ONE and Sadie came home with us. Booterz was only just being brought in when my hubby saw him and laid claim on him. Funny, the lengths we go to in finding our special friends, isn't it :lol:

Yeah, but its worth it ;)

Saraya'n'Star
06-29-2013, 03:18 AM
They are cute hammies!!!!

Sanctuary
06-29-2013, 07:47 AM
They are beautiful, so cute. You were so lucky :D
Crazy how our other halfs always fall in love with hamsters too :D

Victoriah107
07-01-2013, 11:47 AM
They are beautiful, so cute. You were so lucky :D
Crazy how our other halfs always fall in love with hamsters too :D

I'm so grateful for finding them :D You've got that right.... my hubby became a fan right after our first hammy came home with me (4 yrs ago). He's hooked too :cool:

Victoriah107
07-01-2013, 11:48 AM
Thanks for all of your comments. Life is good :D