PDA

View Full Version : Brinsworth Show - SUNDAY 6TH JULY*URGENT* Date change

souffle
06-02-2008, 12:32 PM
THE NORTHERN HAMSTER CLUB
PRESENTS A SHOW UNDER NHC RULES ON SUNDAY 6TH JULY 2008 NOTE THIS IS A DATE CHANGE AND IS CORRECT.
AT BRINSWORTH VILLAGE GALA, BRINSWORTH.

DOORS OPEN: 9.30AM
STOCK TO BE BENCHED BY 10.30AM
JUDGING COMMENCES: 11.00AM PROMPT Show Secretary: Sue Kilburn
Phone No: 01226 218439
Catering: On Site

All entries are non-transferable and cannot be refunded. LATE ENTRIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED UNLESS BY PRIOR ARRANGEMENT WITH THE SHOW SECRETARY. Cheques should be made payable to the Northern Hamster Club.
All Sales MUST be booked in with Ken Skill, Tel: 07742 822060 or e-mail: [email protected] together with all pedigree details. Sales and Donations will not be accepted without a pedigree certificate and correct accompanying paperwork.
CLOSING DATE FOR ENTRIES: -
SATURDAY 28TH JUNE – 9.00PM

CLOSING DATE FOR SALES: -
MONDAY 30TH JUNE – 9.00PM
SYRIAN SPECIES JUDGE: TBA
Syrian Straight Classes: 25p per entry
1. Golden m/f
2. Cream m/f
3. Yellow m/f
4. Cinnamon m/f
5. White m/f
6. Patterned m/f
7. A.O.C. m/f
Other Syrian Classes: 25p per entry -
8. Satin m/f
9. Longhaired White m/f
10. Longhaired Cream m/f
11. Longhaired Patterned m/f
12. Longhaired A.O.C. m/f
13. Longhaired Satin m/f

20. Non-Standard m/f Syrian Duplicate Classes: 5p per entry
14. Junior (member under 16 years)
15. Novice (member in 1st year of exhibiting)
16. Intermediate (member in 2nd year of exhibiting)
17. Young Stock (up to 16 weeks old)
18. Breeder (bred by exhibitor)
19. Grand Challenge
DWARF SPECIES JUDGE: FRASER AVILL
DWARF SPECIES STRAIGHT CLASSES: 25P PER ENTRY
D1. Campbell Normal m/f
D2. Campbell Albino m/f
D3. Campbell Argenté m/f
D4. Winter White Normal m/f
D5. Winter White Sapphire m/f
D6. Winter White Pearl m/f
D7. Chinese m/f OTHER SPECIES DUPLICATE CLASSES: 5P PER ENTRY
D8. Junior
D9. Novice (as above)
D10. Intermediate (as above)
D11. Young Stock (up to 16 weeks old)
D12. Breeder
D13. Grand Challenge
DWARF OTHER CLASSES: 25P PER ENTRY - D14. Non-Standard m/f
All the above classes MUST be exhibited in the approved show pens.
One piece of fruit or vegetable and a small dog biscuit (supplied by Northern Hamster Club) MUST be placed in the show pen before benching.
Hire Pens: £1.00 per pen – subject to availability. Novice & Intermediate exhibitors will be given priority. Arrange with Show Secretary when booking entries. Hire Pens must be returned clean to the Show Secretary at the end of the show.
Please bring your own shavings (shorthaired) and wood based cat litter (longhaired).
Trophies & Rosettes: Awarded as appropriate, cards for first 4 places, all classes.
32. Pet Class: 50p per entry - entries taken on day. Exhibitors of main classes may enter Roborovskii’s and other small and furry rodents in Pets. Exhibitors may also enter Pets Class if showing 3 or less in the main classes.
PET JUDGING COMMENCES - 2:00 p.m. prompt (Pet Class entry – 50p)
Hamsters cannot be entered in any other classes if exhibited in class 20, D14 or 32.

Entry to the Show: Car park passes required. Please reserve when booking in hamsters.
Dogs will be allowed on the showground but not in the Northern Hamster Club marquee.

Directions: From M1, Jct 33 follow sign for Rotherham along dual c’way to RBT. Take 1st exit (dual c’way). At next RAB take 1st exit, follow road under narrow bridge and up hill. Turn left at Altas pub. After approx 300 yds pass community centre on LHS. Take next left and follow road back up the hill. The show ground entrance is a narrow lane accessed by turning left at the top of the hill next to shops. Parking is on the field.

PLEASE SUPPLY ADDRESS DETAILS WITH ENTRIES SO THAT PASSES CAN BE POSTED OUT

COULD WE PLEASE ASK EXHIBITORS TO BE ON THE FIELD BY 10.00AM. THANKS.

Holly
06-03-2008, 02:03 AM
Yay! I'm really looking forward to this one - it's really close for us and me and the boys were devastated when it was cancelled last year. Anyone else going? :)

Spuds Mum
06-03-2008, 03:20 AM
Holly, where else would I be?
I didnt realise it was close to you - it is also about the closest to us to - yippeee, only 1hr and 10 away. We could practically walk! :roll:

leedsgurl
06-03-2008, 05:48 AM
Me! I'm going! it will be my first show too and I can't wait!

I don't need a ticket to get in or anything do I? (i'm not entering any shows). Just asking because it says something about a car parking pass?

souffle
06-03-2008, 08:14 AM
We will be on our hols (I hope) so likely will miss this one :(

Bunsey
06-03-2008, 09:12 AM
it's about 2 hours from me i think, but i've got a little dilema about it because there's something else i want to go to on the same day.

Also, Orchid could be with children then, so i'd only have Ruby to enter

For emley i might have no-one to enter! :cry:

Holly
06-03-2008, 09:39 AM
Gah, I've just got to work and discovered I'm down for a shift that day - I can't believe it, I'm sure i requested it off :cry:

I may have found someone to swap shifts with so keep everything crossed for me :?

Yaffle
06-05-2008, 05:45 AM
I'll be at this show with a begrudging friend in tow - the OH is away and I am not driving such a long way on my own :lol:

Holly
06-20-2008, 01:16 AM
I've managed to get a shift swap so I'll be there :)
Hope to see lots of you there too!

souffle
06-20-2008, 01:31 PM
We'll be missing this one as we are off on our hols :D

souffle
06-27-2008, 10:56 AM
Pushing this forward. Please note date is Sunday 6th July and not as on the original schedule. Entries close this Saturday 27th June to allow passes to be posted out.

Holly
06-27-2008, 11:46 AM
Do you know why there's a late date change to that on the schedule we received? It's a disaster for me, not sure I can be there now and Will definitely can't. :(

souffle
06-27-2008, 12:09 PM
I don't think it's a late date change Holly I think that the schedule had the wrong date on it by accident. I have checked on the web and the Brinsworth Annual village show is definitely on the Sunday. Hope you can sort something out Holly :( We wont be there as we are away.

Bunsey
06-27-2008, 12:17 PM
i didn't have a clue and i wasn't told when i put my entries in. I honestly would have gone driving up there on saturday if i hadn't had the email from Ken. Right disaster! :shock:

Jane
06-29-2008, 12:59 PM
I'm going to this show now and I'm entering Bobby :D Who else is going?

Spuds Mum
06-29-2008, 01:12 PM
I'm thinking about going! :wink: :lol:

Bunsey
06-29-2008, 02:05 PM
i'm going. The closing for entries was yesterday.

leedsgurl
07-05-2008, 01:42 AM
I've just seen the weather forecast for tomorrow - rain, rain and more rain! :shock: I hope this one isn't all outdoors! :?

leedsgurl
07-05-2008, 12:42 PM
Hi, has anyone got a postcode for the location of the show? or better directions? im getting worried that I won't be able to find it! the directions on the schedule are a bit confusing - too many abbreviations!

Help please :(

Spuds Mum
07-05-2008, 12:46 PM
the nearest postcode I have is for the community centre (apparently it is just near there) S60 5BU. Hope that helps!

Dont worry - you will find it I am sure (or if not, we will both be at that postcode looking around!) :lol:

BatKat
07-06-2008, 02:33 AM
Hope you all enjoy your day and that it isn't too muddy in the showground :roll:

Spuds Mum
07-07-2008, 11:20 AM
Thanks Jen, it was a good day, even though wellies were definitely the fashion item to be seen in!

I had a really good time, and my lH cream girl,Butterbean won best in show - my first ever, so I was incredibly proud of her! :D

BatKat
07-07-2008, 12:13 PM
Congrats Teresa & Butterbean. You must be very proud of yout L/H girl :D