PDA

View Full Version : Cage

September
06-17-2013, 06:43 PM
If I'm being honest, I really, really don't want to build another bin cage. I was bloody and scarred after my last battle with a bin :p I would much rather buy one. Of course, being in the *wonderful* (sarcasm) USA, that's a lot harder than it should be. I've been through so many pages of Ebay (only allowed to order one off there for the bill-me-later thing my mom uses) that I'm about ready to rip my hair out. I did manage to find this cage;

Ware Mfg Natural Wood Hamster Cage 02306 | eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ware-Mfg-Natural-Wood-Hamster-Cage-02306-/400474139598?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d3e1e6bce)

I'm pretty sure I read it was suitable somewhere on here. I was just wondering whether it would need to be meshed (the bar spacing isn't listed) and if it would work for a Syrian? It's under the recommended dimensions, but then again, so is everything here.

I'd almost rather get a tank for that price, but I'd need to catch Petco on one of their dollar per gallon sales, and they're so heavy and hard to maneuver/clean out.

Thoughts?

Kaztrekie
06-17-2013, 10:42 PM
It does seem on the small side for that money ,I agree you would be better going for a tank
I cound nt make a bin cage either tried failed brought one instead!.

Have you looked at rat cages ? I don't know what kind you can get in the states sam is in a mamble 100 is there a similer thing?.

gutterglitterxx
06-18-2013, 12:49 AM
Have you looked at the Marchioro Kevin 82? It is still available on some sites.

I would offer to sell you one of mine (since I have 2 and they are both empty at the moment) but I imagine the shipping would be astronomical. Not sure it would be worth it for you.