PDA

View Full Version : Girls v Boys

vnewman236
06-01-2008, 12:06 PM
I have only ever had boy hamsters until Daisy and she is super crazy! She trashes her cage within hours of it being cleaned, and she is awake at least twice as long as both Bowser and Fudge are. She tries to climb up the sides of the gabber, and chews absolutely EVERYTHING - the ladders, the shelf, the bits where the clips go. She's a little psycho-ham!

Is she just a hyper-ham, or is it a girl thing???

Bunsey
06-01-2008, 12:16 PM
yeah, it's a girl-thing. my girls all trash the cages, too. some more than others. one of my more crazy girls used her wheel to weight lift. :lol:

Bourne Valley Hams
06-01-2008, 12:22 PM
Yep, typically girly!!
I always tell people that girls have more character!! :wink:

xkaytix
06-01-2008, 01:19 PM
Definitely a girl thing! Lola trashes her house!

vnewman236
06-02-2008, 09:32 PM
AND NOW she has worked out how to open her ball. Seriously. I just timed her - it took her 5 seconds to pop it open. It's not damaged - she just somehow gets the door to pop! :roll: cue me with rolls of cellotape. HA! get out of THAT!! It's a battle of wills now...

Jessalina
06-03-2008, 02:11 AM
All my previous hamsters having been boys, I was a bit unprepared for the craziness that is Nessa! I think most girl hams do have a screw loose :lol: (I find the same with rats actually...)

06-03-2008, 02:17 AM
Dwarfie girls seem to be fine but Syrian girls?!! Phew! I got my first two Syrian girls at Blenheim and its been quite a shock after the composure of my gentlemen....gentle being the operative word.

The "laydees" are little wreckers and one of them already has the potential to turn into a fearsome bar biter. I suspect I will be asking for advice on how to fasten log bridges to Gabber roofs very soon. :roll:

Holly
06-03-2008, 02:28 AM
I'm with everyone else - I've got two girls currently trying to chew their way out of Gabbers (how dare they, don't they know how sought after Gabbers are!), one who recently chewed her Gabber clip beyond all recognition and one who's (aarrgghh) chewing her Wodent wheel. Almost all my girls are the early risers - some asking me to get them out at the ungodly hour of 4pm!!!!

Spuds Mum
06-03-2008, 03:13 AM
Girls definitely have more get up and go, I find.
They seem intent on always having their own way, and love to rearrange things to their satisfaction.
They are generally much more inquisitive and 'nosy' and do tend to do things to extremes, causing lots of frustration in the process...
Now if I start talking about girl hamsters.... :wink: :lol:

vnewman236
06-03-2008, 04:48 AM
All my previous hamsters having been boys, I was a bit unprepared for the craziness that is Nessa! I think most girl hams do have a screw loose :lol: (I find the same with rats actually...)

This is true. Again I've only ever had boy rats and was quite unprepared for the mad 'pingy' girl rats that I looked after for a friend!!

vnewman236
06-03-2008, 04:50 AM
Girls definitely have more get up and go, I find.
They seem intent on always having their own way, and love to rearrange things to their satisfaction.
They are generally much more inquisitive and 'nosy' and do tend to do things to extremes, causing lots of frustration in the process...
Now if I start talking about girl hamsters.... :wink: :lol:

LOL! My mum would agree :x

vnewman236
06-03-2008, 05:03 AM
ELC - I may have to get a female dwarfie - just to check.....call it scientific research as an excuse... :lol: :wink:

Holly - Yep, Daisy has almost destroyed the ladders in her gabber. And as for an early riser - she was in her ball for 2 hours yesterday (until she escaped!), then she had me up at 5 for another hour (before she escaped again twice!) and I can hear her in the wheel now.

The boys have about half hour (or more like 10 minutes) and they stop moving - "Bored now mummy" :roll:

I think I'll stick to boys in future... :wink:

agatecrystal
06-07-2008, 02:15 PM
Deffo a girl thing. I had 3 male syrian before I had my first female and I thought she would never stop to sleep, she didn't seem to stop to sleep. I find my girls 'hyper' and the boys verryyyy laid back.