PDA

View Full Version : Todmorden show - 21st June

ilovemyhammies
05-30-2008, 06:53 AM
Who,s going to the Todmorden show in June?
Has anyone got the address or postcode and time details for this show?
thanks

Edit : Schedule is now further down this thread. Thanks Nooboo

Holly
05-30-2008, 06:59 AM
There's no schedule yet on either Towy Vale or the Northern websites - I'm guessing they'll be there soon.

We are planning on being there, it's a long, long way for us but we can't resist :wink:

Gust0o
05-30-2008, 07:04 AM
I'll be there, as am collecting Snipes, and avoiding further temptations.

(Unless anyone has some seriously amazing Goldens, in which case I owe it to myself!)

nooboo
05-30-2008, 07:11 AM
i had better be there i am show sec!!

as this is one with passes etc to be sent out early entry would really be good people! its odd the schedule isnt up yet it was done ages ago :(

gonna be interesting with the entry tickets, they are £3 but on them they say 2.50! cant wait for the arguments about that :(

ilovemyhammies
05-30-2008, 07:12 AM
who do we send entry details to ? is it you nooboo?

Holly
05-30-2008, 07:22 AM
Do you know when the closing date is Noo? I'm away for a week from next weekend and I don't want to miss it :shock:

Francescamice
05-30-2008, 07:35 AM
:D
Iam planning on going to the show - hopefully showing Miya too!!

Fran :lol:

Francescamice
05-30-2008, 07:39 AM
Can I enter Miya in the Pets Class - if so - can she be exhibited in her own pet carrier or can I exhibit her in a show cage (can show cage be sorted on the day of the show?)

fran :D

souffle
05-30-2008, 08:40 AM
If you want to enter her in pets then she should be shown in her own cage or travel box. If main show then you can hire a show pen when you book your entry. Pets is 50p and you enter on the day. Judging is usually aout 1.30pm. We hope to be there so may meet Miya. :lol:

Bunsey
05-30-2008, 10:01 AM
Do you know when the closing date is Noo? I'm away for a week from next weekend and I don't want to miss it :shock:

the closing date is the monday before the show. Ken announced it at Lymm... so Monday the.... 16th June.
EDIT: sorry, that's for sales. entries by sat 14th!!

I'm entering 1 x LH satin syrian and 2 x norm WWs. i'll have to calculate whether they'll be young stock.

yes, Orchid is young stock at just 11.5 weeks. and Ruby... yep, 14.5 weeks so young stock for her two. Intermediate for all of them, too.

i can e-mail entries now if you want :lol:

I haven't even worked out the distance. i think it's about 2 hours, but google always gives you times with no hold-ups or anything and driving at 70mph all the way. i'm gonna go up and across instead of across and up, cos it's in the middle.

nooboo
05-30-2008, 10:11 AM
TODMORDEN AGRICULTURAL SHOW, CENTRE VALE PARK, TODMORDEN. OL14 7DG. 21ST JUNE 2008

DOORS OPEN: 9.00AM
STOCK TO BE BENCHED BY 10.15AM
JUDGING COMMENCES: 10.30AM PROMPT Show Secretary: Anita Osborne
Phone No: 0161 272 6733 or e-mail: [email protected]
Catering: On Site
All entries are non-transferable and cannot be refunded. LATE
ENTRIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED UNLESS BY PRIOR ARRANGEMENT WITH
THE SHOW SECRETARY. Cheques should be made payable to the
Northern Hamster Club.
All Sales MUST
be booked in with Ken Skill, Tel: 07742 822060 or email:
[email protected]
together with all pedigree
details. Sales and Donations will not be accepted without a pedigree
certificate and correct accompanying paperwork.

CLOSING DATE FOR ENTRIES: -
SATURDAY 14TH JUNE
9.00PM

CLOSING DATE FOR SALES: -
MONDAY 16TH JUNE
9.00PM

SYRIAN SPECIES JUDGE: PAUL SHARKEY

Syrian Straight Classes: 25p per entry
1. Golden m/f
2. Cream m/f
3. Yellow m/f
4. Cinnamon m/f
5. White m/f
6. Patterned m/f
7. A.O.C. m/f
Other Syrian Classes: 25p per entry -
8. Satin m/f
9. Longhaired White m/f
10. Longhaired Cream m/f
11. Longhaired Patterned m/f
12. Longhaired A.O.C. m/f
13. Longhaired Satin m/f
20. Non-Standard m/f
Syrian Duplicate Classes: 5p per entry
14. Junior (member under 16 years)
15. Novice (member in 1st year of exhibiting)
16. Intermediate (member in 2nd year of
exhibiting)
17. Young Stock (up to 16 weeks old)
18. Breeder (bred by exhibitor)
19. Grand Challenge

DWARF SPECIES JUDGE: TBA

DWARF SPECIES STRAIGHT CLASSES:
25P PER ENTRY
D1. Campbell Normal m/f
D2. Campbell Albino m/f
D3. Campbell Argenté m/f
D4. Winter White Normal m/f
D5. Winter White Sapphire m/f
D6. Winter White Pearl m/f
D7. Chinese m/f
OTHER SPECIES DUPLICATE CLASSES:
5P PER ENTRY
D8. Junior
D9. Novice (as above)
D10. Intermediate (as above)
D11. Young Stock (up to 16 weeks old)
D12. Breeder
D13. Grand Challenge
DWARF OTHER CLASSES:
25P PER ENTRY - D14. Non-Standard m/f

All the above classes MUST be exhibited in the approved show
pens.
One piece of fruit or vegetable and a small dog biscuit (supplied by Northern Hamster Club) MUST be placed in the show pen before benching.

Hire Pens: £1.00 per pen subject to availability. Novice & Intermediate exhibitors will be given priority. Arrange with Show
Secretary when booking entries. Hire Pens must be returned clean to the Show Secretary at the end of the show.
Please bring your own shavings (shorthaired) and wood based cat litter (longhaired).

Trophies & Rosettes: Awarded as appropriate, cards for first 4 places, all classes.

32. Pet Class: 50p per entry - entries taken on day. Exhibitors of main classes may enter Roborovskii s and other small and
furry rodents in Pets. Exhibitors may also enter Pets Class if showing 3 or less in the main classes.
PET JUDGING COMMENCES - 2:00 p.m. prompt (Pet Class entry 50p)
Hamsters cannot be entered in any other classes if exhibited in class 20, D14 or 32.

Entry to the Show:
Tickets charged at £3.00 for adult and £1.00 for Children. Car passes on request. Please reserve tickets when booking in hamsters. Tickets will be sent with entries and should be paid for on the day of the show. All tickets booked must be paid for
even if you do not attend the show for any reason. Dogs will be allowed on the showground but not in the Northern Hamster Club marquee.

Directions: From M1: Exit M1 for M62 Leeds/Manchester and follow for approx 10 miles. At Jct 26 exit motorway and take
A638/M606 (4th exit on RAB) onto A58 Whitehall Road. Continue on A58 for approx 6 miles, across RAB and continue of
another 1.3 miles then fork left onto the A646 Burnley Road and follow this road for approx 10 miles until you reach Centre
Vale Park (just after RAB).

From Manchester: Follow M60 then M62 towards Leeds. Exit motorway at Jct 21 (Milnrow/Rochdale A640) and turn left at bottom of slip road onto A640. Travel for half a mile and turn right onto B6225 Bridge Street then left onto Kiln Lane continue on B6225 bearing right onto Smithy Bridge Rd and then left nto Hollingworth Road. Continue for about a mile and turn left onto Halifax Road (A58) and then immediate right onto Todmorden road (A6033). Continue for around 5 miles then at RAB take A646 Burnley Road. Centre Vale Park should then be on your left.

Bunsey
05-30-2008, 10:18 AM
bench by 10:15am?! holy moly :shock: i'll have to get up at 6am *weeps*

p.s. is it 100% field or are there indoor areas?

ilovemyhammies
05-30-2008, 11:21 AM
Do you book your entries on line and pay on the day, or do you have to send a cheque before the show?
Do you pay for the pass before the show also?
Is it just hamsters at the show?
will there any stalls selling hamster things?

i think thats all the questions for now :x :x :x

Spuds Mum
05-30-2008, 11:48 AM
I'll be there Noo - I need to catch up with everyone! Plus I think I would get lynched if I failed to bring Gus his Snipesy! :D

oooo - and I will have a couple of new hams to show! Although some of my little ones will still be too young! :D

nooboo
05-30-2008, 11:56 AM
if people can book as soon as possible that would be good, i will allow u of cause to change the hamsters right up till the monday if need be!

main thing is i need ur addresses to be given with your entries, then how many adult and child tickets you need, and if you need a car pass or not....then the hamsters you want to enter! phew lots of stuff! i need the addresses so i can send the tickets and car pass out to you, you will need them to get in! you pay me on the day but be warned, if a pass is sent to you and you dont go you still need to pay for it!

should be a lot going on is a full agricultural show so cows sheep...ferrets....hang on think i have a webby link somewhere...

http://www.todshow.org/

as hamsters are not shown on it i guess there will be a lot more besides! so well worth the 3 quid for adults, if you end up paying on the day for ur entry ticket its 2 quid more!

Gust0o
05-30-2008, 12:16 PM
Plus I think I would get lynched if I failed to bring Gus his Snipesy!

In the nicest possible way :wink:

I was hoping Snipes might be in shape for some Young Stock showing - what are your thoughts?

I'll need a car pass, and tickets for two - but I'll send you the info in a mail, Noo.

Spuds Mum
05-30-2008, 02:27 PM
Well Snipes will be just over 10 weeks old, so I would say go for it with a young stock - I think we may do the same with Copper. Shanty will be coming and Miss Lemon (unless pregnant). :D

ilovemyhammies
05-30-2008, 02:44 PM
What is the youngest age you can enter a hammie? (syrian)

great info Nooboo, thanks for all that :x

Mollz Mum
05-30-2008, 02:44 PM
Humph! :( Just google mapped this and it is just too far for us. 3 1/2 hours is just too far to us to do on a "working" weekend.
We will get to a Northern show - I am determined, just so that we can meet everyone.

Spuds Mum
05-30-2008, 02:45 PM
In the main show it should be 10 weeks ILMH. :D

ilovemyhammies
05-30-2008, 02:46 PM
Thanks Spudsmum
that means marigold will just make it :x
so i think i,ll take marigold and toress, my latest additions
is anyone taking any pet ones?

Bourne Valley Hams
05-30-2008, 02:50 PM

Or 8 weeks if a Southern show. :wink:
Though I have entered 8 week olds in Midland shows before.

internet_nobody
05-30-2008, 02:54 PM

Whoops, I thought it was 8 weeks like the other clubs...Well, i'll know for next time I have babies :oops:

Spuds Mum
05-30-2008, 03:11 PM
[quote="Spud's Mum":31krfscx]In the main show it should be 10 weeks ILMH. :D

Or 8 weeks if a Southern show. :wink:
Though I have entered 8 week olds in Midland shows before.[/quote:31krfscx]

I have got that right for Northern then BVH? I'm pretty sure thats what Ive always been told - but now Im wondering - feel free to correct me if Im wrong.

If not, I wonder why Northern are different? But then, they do seem different on a number of things! :)

Bourne Valley Hams
05-30-2008, 03:15 PM
I have got that right for Northern then BVH?

I don't think the Northern have an official minimum age, but I may be wrong. Use your common sense though, you know your hamster and can tell when it is ready for the scary show world!!

Bunsey
05-30-2008, 03:15 PM
i entered Orchid at 8 weeks old last week at Lymm and stated her age and no-one said anything was wrong :?

Mollz and Mollz mum, would Lymm not be a good one for you, as that is just South of Manchester. Much closer than Todmorden. If Todmorden is 3.5 hours, then Lymm will be about 2.5 to 3 i would imagine. Lymm is 50 mins from me, in Stoke-on-Trent, if that's helpful. Lymm is the furthest south Northern show and the only one on the West side. With you being in the SW, a NE one would be crazyily far.

p.s. i feel the same about going to a Southern! I'm thinking about staying over at Bath. I really wana see what it's like! :D

Spuds Mum
05-30-2008, 03:18 PM
I'm going to have to find this out now, as Ive always been told 10 weeks I am sure :?
thanks for asking the question anyway ILMH - its got me thinking anyway! :D

Mollz
05-30-2008, 03:31 PM
The problem with Lymm is that this year it was the same as Romsey and BVH and BVMark were there on their own, so we felt it was better to help them out rather than go to Blenheim/Lymm and see other people.

We were thinking of Willington, but it seems that not many people from here are going and the whole point of us going is to meet a few more of you who are further up North.

Bunsey
05-30-2008, 03:40 PM
There are 2 Lymms a year. i don't think the other one clashes. :D

i'm going to Willington and so is Holly. :D

Bourne Valley Hams
05-30-2008, 03:43 PM
The problem with Lymm is that this year it was the same as Romsey and BVH and BVMark were there on their own, so we felt it was better to help them out rather than go to Blenheim/Lymm and see other people.

And we love you for doing that!!

Mollz
05-30-2008, 03:47 PM

And we love you for doing that!!

It was no problem. We enjoyed ourselves (well except for the paddling on the Monday - but that couldn't be helped :x ) and will happily do the same again whenever you need/want us to - I just hope we didn't get in the way or get on your nerves :wink: :D

nooboo
05-30-2008, 03:58 PM
must say i thought it was 8 weeks for youngest, though i like BVH says take it to own discretion if they dont seem ready untill 12 weeks i wont take them till then!

have looked over the northerns website most age mention is that young stock is up to 16 weeks....so not really useful for youngest...

my biggest question for this show so far is what age child tickets go up to, i will be sure to update you all once i know!

oh and yes there will be another lymm this year, would be great to see some midland/southern members there!

souffle
05-30-2008, 04:05 PM
I though it was 9weeks :? Thats what I was told when we first entered. :?

nooboo
05-30-2008, 04:11 PM
well once someone knows may be an idea to suggest it be included on the northern site ;) at the moment it seems to be Chinese whispers as to what the correct age is.

Bunsey
05-30-2008, 04:18 PM
i sent my entries :D i've got an 11 weeker, a 14 weeker and ol' pads :lol:

Holly
05-31-2008, 01:47 AM
Right, I'll do mine and Will's this afternoon, we are still away for the closing date anyway .......now *ponders* ....who to enter?????? :shock:

I'd like to bring a couple of young 'uns but I'm not sure as it might be a traumatic day for a first show being outdoor and all - anyone who's been before what do you reckon?? I can't see how they mature and change my mind if need be as I'll be away for the closing date - grrrr.

Louby
05-31-2008, 05:30 AM
No matter how I work it...this show is still just over 4 hours either way for us. :(

Oh well...I guess we have to hold out for Bath.... :roll:

Bunsey
05-31-2008, 07:06 AM
i've sent my entries in. i've entered Ruby, Paddy and Orchid. Might enter Oscar in pets or something :D

05-31-2008, 10:17 AM
No matter how I work it...this show is still just over 4 hours either way for us. :(

And that's if the traffic's okay! I make that journey a lot as its close to where my Dad lives so I've been trekking up and down the motorway from London for years....4 hours is a GOOD trip....my worst is 8 hours....although it may be a little better for you Louby as you'll be able to avoid some of the London blackspots. :?

Louby
05-31-2008, 10:28 AM

And that's if the traffic's okay! I make that journey a lot as its close to where my Dad lives so I've been trekking up and down the motorway from London for years....4 hours is a GOOD trip....my worst is 8 hours....although it may be a little better for you Louby as you'll be able to avoid some of the London blackspots. :?

8 hours??? We'd miss the whole show!!! :shock:

I'll have to do a Bath countdown instead :wink:

Bunsey
05-31-2008, 10:53 AM
when i wen to Brockholes it was meant to be 1.5 hours, but i allowed 2. i got stock in a crash in manchester and then missed a turn off and went miles accross the peak district, ended up in Barnsley and came back again. it took me 5 hours in total and i missed the judging :oops:

nooboo
05-31-2008, 02:13 PM
thanks to those who have sent their entries already!

tickets will be out in the post...please remember i do need addresses! and remember that any tickets sent out you will need to pay for even if you miss the day!

i am happy to take entry alterations up till the monday though so dont worry about that, may be more flexible to those with a good reason ;)

Yaffle
05-31-2008, 02:47 PM
This is another show that I'm missing :( but only because I'm on holiday so not too bad :D

Hope you all have fun and I will definately be at Brinsworth!

ilovemyhammies
05-31-2008, 02:51 PM
just sent my entries in :shock:

nooboo
05-31-2008, 03:17 PM
sigh i dont think i will make brinsworth think i am house sitting that weekend!

looks like i will be posting a lot of tickets come monday its all good keep them comming!

ilovemyhammies
05-31-2008, 04:21 PM
How many entries do you reckon there,ll be nooboo?

Jane
06-01-2008, 08:56 AM
I might be there - it's onyl 1 hour 30 minutes so I shall have to bug dad about it. :wink:

Spuds Mum
06-01-2008, 09:09 AM
Spud - I've entered Snipes!

Okay - I'll get feeding him up! :wink:

Gust0o
06-01-2008, 09:15 AM
Haha, as if you're not now! :x

I might need some advice though - check your mail in five mins.

arikata
06-01-2008, 10:08 AM
If anyone is passing through Stockport or even near to I would be grateful for a lift? I'm happy to travel to manchester or somewhere if I need to! I would love you forever! And I will give you something towards petrol

Gust0o
06-01-2008, 10:12 AM
Other side of the country, or I would have loved to :?

arikata
06-01-2008, 10:24 AM
Other side of the country, or I would have loved to :?

Thankyou anyway!

Holly
06-02-2008, 05:33 AM
My entries are in :)

I decided to just enter my two biggest young 'uns and Will has just entered one of his. My biggest problem now is show pens - I don't have enough and have tried to buy some but there just don't seem to be any :( ...I'm now waiting for a second hand lot to come into Pete.

06-02-2008, 05:41 AM
My entries are in :)

I decided to just enter my two biggest young 'uns and Will has just entered one of his. My biggest problem now is show pens - I don't have enough and have tried to buy some but there just don't seem to be any :( ...I'm now waiting for a second hand lot to come into Pete.

I know there are going to be some new pens available to buy at Andover - but I'm not sure if they're all spoken for or not. I know I've "pre-booked" some and I think Naomi and Louby have....it might be worth checking Holly if there's anyone going to Andover who'll be at Todmorden too (quite a trek I know!) and if so, they can check if there are any pens left to buy after we've decimated all the new stock! If its any consolation, two of the pens I'm buying are for Rumsey and Monte. :wink:

Holly
06-02-2008, 05:45 AM
Thanks ELC but don't worry, Pete's had me down for some for several months (six and a carrier, I hope!) and he knows I won't be at Andover, he's bringing them to Willington for me :wink:

I'm just struggling until then and having to hire for Will for Todmorden and Brinsworth.
*Sudden thought - wonder if Northern have any to buy?*

nooboo
06-02-2008, 05:48 AM
certainly seem to be a lot of people wishing to hire pens this show, just hoping i keep up with demand!

hopefully some more pens will come on the market soon, though in a way that always makes me sad when you see more second hand ones as often means someone has stopped showing or is cutting back!

still will be great to see you good luck with getting some more pens ;)

Gust0o
06-02-2008, 06:38 AM
certainly seem to be a lot of people wishing to hire pens this show, just hoping i keep up with demand!

Are we still extending priority to members in their first year of showing?

I'm conscious that I will need to obtain some show pens, in the near future, but have really been making the most of being a Novice!

I guess, if we're running desperately short, we could all challenges ourselves around what animals we wish to bring?

nooboo
06-02-2008, 07:13 AM
yes novice get first pick then intermediate...

even so usually we are lucky to be requested 3 pens for the day, including dwarf ones... this show we are onto a dozen requested including dwarf ones!

and just so u know only 3 of those are not novice...and they are intermediate..so its only going to those with priority already :P still if we run out of pens even with priority to novice i dont know what will happen i guess first come first serve :s still i am adding my spare in to boost numbers of pens, and i think there may be some more than can be found for the day...still worrying for me :P dont let it worry you guys, i will figure something :)

Holly
06-02-2008, 07:56 AM
I think I may now have some pens to buy, Noo - Ken is bringing them for me, I'm just not sure if he's got enough for Will and Josh not to need to hire any, if you know what I mean (I think the 3 Intermediate ones are those I've booked for Will).

Do you want, in that case, to have the three I've booked back and let them go to someone else - I've asked him for four and he thinks he's got four but he might not have and then he'll bring me two or three (if not I'll just have to not enter one of mine in the show so the boys can still put theirs in :? ).

Bloomin' Will - I had enough pens for me but now he's showing I've not got enough!

Spuds Mum
06-02-2008, 08:05 AM
yes novice get first pick then intermediate...

even so usually we are lucky to be requested 3 pens for the day, including dwarf ones... this show we are onto a dozen requested including dwarf ones!

and just so u know only 3 of those are not novice...and they are intermediate..so its only going to those with priority already :P still if we run out of pens even with priority to novice i dont know what will happen i guess first come first serve :s still i am adding my spare in to boost numbers of pens, and i think there may be some more than can be found for the day...still worrying for me :P dont let it worry you guys, i will figure something :)

If you do have problems Noo - just let me know and the youngest couple of mine can stay at home! :D

Gust0o
06-02-2008, 08:19 AM
If I'm not to worry about the pens, can I worry on your behalf? :D

If you need a hand I would be more than happy to help - am always intending to try and be more involved with the Club :)

Bunsey
06-02-2008, 08:28 AM
i can bring a spare syrian pen for you Holly and you don't have to pay me £1! :lol:

Holly
06-02-2008, 08:44 AM
Bunsey, you are a diamond geezer 8)

In that case I'll email Noo and tell her that someone else can have the hire pens as, even if Ken only has two for us, we'll still have enough, cheers Buns :)

arikata
06-03-2008, 05:51 PM
I will hopefully be there, depending on if I can get transport! I'm going to look at getting a Syrian from the show. What do you guys think?

ilovemyhammies
06-03-2008, 11:02 PM
katzilla i think getting a syrian from the show is a good idea :D
i got a beauty at the lymm show

Bunsey
06-04-2008, 08:14 AM
if you want a ham, get there early. i missed out on 3 i liked at Thame and i got there at 10:30am!! :shock:

06-04-2008, 11:10 AM
if you want a ham, get there early. i missed out on 3 i liked at Thame and i got there at 10:30am!! :shock:

Whereas I got to Blenheim late (at 1pm) in the hope that the sales table would have been decimated so I wouldn't be tempted but I still came home with two new hamsters and was tempted by a lot more. :wink:

Bunsey
06-04-2008, 02:21 PM
lol :lol: i got to Thame just in time to see 2 hams i loved being put into tubs for others and 1 had already gone and it just said "cream roan" on an empty cage. :cry:

arikata
06-05-2008, 06:42 PM
rofl, I thought you guys were woried that you wouldn't have enough ink pens. I thought to myself 'does somebody steal them? that's awful!' and then it clicked - hamster pens! duh! :oops: :lol:

nooboo
06-05-2008, 08:16 PM
i think most the hire pen issues are now over with, i have had offers from members who regularly have spare pens of ones that can be borrowed for club use, so people dont worry as i said its my worry, i dont want anyone stressing about it!

tickets and passes should be turning up to all those who have already entered, with the exception of one who i did warn i would wait a while for as i still am awaiting confirmation of what age child tickets go up to...you would think they would put it on the ticket!...that said the tickets have misprints anyway so i doubt i could have trusted it!

Bunsey
06-06-2008, 06:34 AM
i got mine! i was trying to work out how my hamster managed to chew a lump out of the envelope this morning, but then i saw that it's too neat, so it must be the postman fancying a snack :roll:

i've put them in my bag cos i just know i'll drive there without them. that's the sort of thing i do..... like when i went to Holly's house and my map blew out of the window :oops:

arikata
06-06-2008, 11:03 AM
I doubt I will get a syrian, at least not until the pups are weaned :( I say that now but I bet I get tempted!

nooboo
06-11-2008, 01:41 PM
right then people come on anyone still left on here that wishes to enter?

not long now till close of entry, and really i will worry for those who enter late monday that i wont get the ticket to them on time!

its be a great show, lots of hamster people and lets not forget all the other stalls and exhibits and shows!

personally i love the summer shows for the candy floss....and the hope someone will sell beer bottle sweets :D

Bunsey
06-11-2008, 02:49 PM
i've never been to this one before. Is it usually a big turnout? What sort of stalls are there?

Emma1978
06-13-2008, 05:55 PM
I am hoping to visit, not far from me, and possibly have a look on the sales bench :wink:

littlemissdwarfhamster
06-16-2008, 04:13 AM
Just sent my entries over :-)

nooboo
06-17-2008, 07:34 AM
yes you did!

well thats it all entries are in...no more can come in...so now we wait for the day, i will be the one going crazy in the corner...i do hope i get to see some of the rest of the place!

Holly
06-17-2008, 09:28 AM
I've recieved all my stuff whilst I was away - cheers Noo - now I just have to get organised.

Just one thing - I'd like to bring my babies for the experts to have a look at (and someone is collecting one from me at the show) but I don't want to put them on the sales table or anything - do I still need to tell Ken about them?

One other thing as well - if we have a show parking permit as exhibitors do we have to stay until 6pm? I'm sure it's been asked but I've forgotten.

nooboo
06-17-2008, 09:54 AM
have a feeling u may well need to with the parking...

as for the babies yes you do need to tell ken and they need to be put in a special area, there will be lots of people in and out, so its best foot forward showing what great care we all give our hamsters! there own special area and a livestock manager who knows exactly how many critters are about if someone confronts him! maybe ask ken about the parking too while u do ;)

Spuds Mum
06-17-2008, 10:00 AM
Holly, Ive just forwarded an email to you from Ken about this! Hopefully it may answer some of the questions!

souffle
06-17-2008, 11:22 AM
Spud's mum can you forward it to me too if its about the parking as we don't want to get stuck till 6pm!

Spuds Mum
06-17-2008, 11:35 AM
Spud's mum can you forward it to me too if its about the parking as we don't want to get stuck till 6pm!

Oh sorry not about the parking - about sales and animal welfare booking in - I forwarded it to the custard hams email Souffle - so you should already have it somewhere! :D

Bunsey
06-17-2008, 12:24 PM
i'm a non-member pleb so i don't get emails :cry:

what does it say? is there a mention of how not to be stuck til 6pm?

We have a 2.5 hour drive home and i'd rather not be getting back at 8:30pm! Plus, i imagine i will have totally exhausted every thing there is to see, having been there since 10am!

Holly
06-17-2008, 12:35 PM
Thanks, I'll ring ken tomorrow.

The parking is an issue for us too - it's a 2 hour plus drive and I'm working a 12 hr shift on Sunday from 8am so I really don't want to be leaving after 6pm either :? ......I wonder how much it is to park in the public car park?

Spuds Mum
06-17-2008, 01:02 PM
Hmm yes, we are in the same boat too - leaving before 6 would certainly be on Arti's agenda!

littlemissdwarfhamster
06-17-2008, 02:08 PM
Hang on, whats this about the parking?

Theres no way I am being stuck there till 6pm - why do we think that we are going to be?

souffle
06-17-2008, 04:13 PM
Is it because if you use the exhibitors car park you have to stay there till the end of the show or something noo? I'll go in the public one if that is the case.

nooboo
06-19-2008, 07:00 AM
problem is i dont know!!!

i dont know even who to contact about it other than sue, thats the problem when you are secing a show you know nothing about!

i have a feeling the exhibitor parking you need to stay till a certain time (though i stress i am not sure about that) no idea what time though!

will try to find out....i wish these things were said on the tickets, its a bit like the age of child not given very annoying :(

sorry guys

Holly
06-19-2008, 07:04 AM
Aaargh, I've just had another pre-show coat disaster and will have to withdraw Rolo from the show :(

It's typical, he's had a lovely long coat for months now (there's a thread about it somewhere) and, thanks to careful grooming my friend, has managed to keep it that way even while I was on holiday - what do I find last night when I get him out for a run - a HUGE tangle (the biggest ever) that I just couldn't get out - so I've had to cut his skirt - sob :cry:

And Toby, who isn't going to the show, is looking the best he's looked for ages - gah!

I did speak to Ken about my babies and it's fine for me to bring them as long as they stay with him in the "welfare area"

nooboo
06-19-2008, 07:05 AM
you bring you car onto the field to unload if there early enough, you wont be able to do that to pick up till the end of the show...end of the show should be about 4.30 ish... not 6 !

just asked sue

Bunsey
06-19-2008, 07:13 AM
Holly, could you enter Toby instead of Rolo? I forget what colour Rolo is, but i don't think it's the same class is it. no, forget that. :oops:

Holly
06-19-2008, 07:17 AM
Unfortunately they aren't - and I don't have another LH Satin to enter in his place - gah.

you bring you car onto the field to unload if there early enough, you wont be able to do that to pick up till the end of the show...end of the show should be about 4.30 ish... not 6 !

just asked sue

That's great - 4.30pm is fine by me! :D

Holly
06-20-2008, 11:00 AM
Is everyone ready then?!

I have just spent 2 hours cleaning out show pens, writing pedigrees, printing off directions (eek a 7.30am start for us then), getting wheels, combs and other bits packed - now for the hamster grooming! I do love shows :wink:

Bunsey
06-20-2008, 12:10 PM
Do you still need the spare show pen, Holly, with you withdrawing an entry? If i don't read a reply, i'll bring it just in case :D

It's 7am start for us, but only because i can't drive more than half an hour without stopping and i'm likely to get lost at least once :roll:

Mollz
06-20-2008, 12:12 PM
Have a good time tomorrow guys - wish we were coming :(

Bourne Valley Hams
06-20-2008, 12:19 PM
Theres no way I am being stuck there till 6pm - why do we think that we are going to be?

Are you allowed to remove your hamsters from the show bench much earlier then?
If a show is open to the public until 6pm we always make sure the hamsters are still there for the public to see until at least 5pm. After all, the club is given a free venue on the understanding that they are offering an attraction to the public.

Bourne Valley Hams
06-20-2008, 12:22 PM
Holly, could you enter Toby instead of Rolo? I forget what colour Rolo is, but i don't think it's the same class is it. no, forget that. :oops:

There are usually a few changes to be made on the morning of the show - I'm sure your show secretary won't mind switching one of your entries into a different class, it only takes a few seconds to write out a new pen label and alter the paperwork.

littlemissdwarfhamster
06-20-2008, 01:11 PM
Last I knew they werent free venues...... But I could be wrong.

Bourne Valley Hams
06-20-2008, 01:27 PM
Last I knew they werent free venues...... But I could be wrong.

Are they not? All the shows/displays that Southern and Midland do at craft and country shows are free venues.

littlemissdwarfhamster
06-20-2008, 04:33 PM
Are they not? All the shows/displays that Southern and Midland do at craft and country shows are free venues.

Hmmmmm must investigate.............

souffle
06-21-2008, 11:28 AM
We are back....will post pics once we dry off and scrape the mud of ourselves and our hamsters :shock:

Mollz
06-21-2008, 11:29 AM
We are back....will post pics once we dry off and scrape the mud of ourselves and our hamsters :shock:

Oooh, was it that muddy? :shock:
Can't wait to see the pictures!

Bunsey
06-21-2008, 11:52 AM
Just got home! It was a terrible day, weather wise. It slammed it down the entire day and there was mud everywhere. There was a swampy mud fest in the entrance to the tent and a small stream was flowing underneath the dwarf judge chair. There was a delightful pond formed on the show secretary's table, from a roof leak.

Apparently, this morning there was also a lot of tent swapping fun :roll:

The hamsters had hardly any room and it was so cramped. Loads of kids were poking their fingers into the cages and one child tried to feed a hamster a sweet :shock:

However, i am pleased to report that Paddy took BIS with 79 points :D

Louby
06-21-2008, 11:58 AM
Well done Paddy!!! :D

I'm glad we didn't drag ourselves on an 8 hour round trip if the weather/tent etc was that bad! :shock:

BatKat
06-21-2008, 12:08 PM
Yay For Paddy, Congrats on your BIS :D

Mollz
06-21-2008, 12:11 PM
Congratulations to Paddy!

How many syrian and dwarf entries were there? Was it a big show?

Spuds Mum
06-21-2008, 12:21 PM
I had a great day, even though I wasnt sure whether I was at an aquatic show or a hamster show! :wink:
Sea Shanty took first in Long haired any other colour, Topaz only got 4th in golden, but was only 2 points away from the best in show score, and Butterbean was second in LH cream out of 15 entries. Bronte got 3rd in short haired cream.
I got 2nd, 3rd and 4th places in the novice class, and Shanty also scooped me 2nd place in the 'young stock' category! :lol:

My babies, Flymo and Tilly got really good feedback and scores, and especially exciting, I brought home a lovely big smoke pearl to mate to Shanty as I fear Sea Scout is never going to grow much bigger than a large Campbell!! :wink:

Mollz
06-21-2008, 12:29 PM
You got some brilliant results there then Teresa!

I hope see an intro and pictures as soon as your new boy settles :D

Louby
06-21-2008, 12:33 PM
Fantastic results Teresa...well done!

Forget me not is still quite small too, compared to the rest of our brood, so maybe its in their genes. :?

Can't wait to see intros for the newbie! :D

Mollz
06-21-2008, 12:37 PM
Forget me not is still quite small too, compared to the rest of our brood, so maybe its in their genes. :?

I know Chris told me once that they don't like to breed from big hamsters and focus on other things rather than size.

Louby
06-21-2008, 12:39 PM

I know Chris told me once that they don't like to breed from big hamsters and focus on other things rather than size.

Ahhh...that makes more sense then. Thanks Mollz! :D

Spuds Mum
06-21-2008, 01:10 PM
I think it is the dark grey gene for our Scout to be honest - as Shanty is also Towy and she is big! Our dark grey Grey-ham is also quite a petite boy too.

Sorry, I didnt make it clear - Casper is a Scorpio ham, who won short haired AOC and also got Best Opposite Sex - and I am sure Sheryl wouldnt want me pinching him for good - though she is kind enough to loan him to me for mating to Shanty, who she liked very much. :D

Holly
06-21-2008, 01:13 PM
We had a great day too - though it started badly with Will having to withdraw the Doctor (another one with a huge mat we had to cut) and a journey that was supposed to take 2 hrs and 4 mins (according to AA route planner) taking nearly 3 hours and costing me 45 quid in petrol for both ways :? ). If the hams hadn't had to move tents we'd have missed the kick off time - as it was we made it with a bit of a panic benching them.

We had some great results, some so-so's- and a really disappointing one plus an interesting one for me.

Will's Who hams (all two of them) got 1st and 3rd in their classes! Martha won LH Patterned and Young Stock at 11 weeks so Will was over the moon - and Jack came 3rd in LH AOC.

I got my best ever score and result with Smartie - she won LH Satin (out of 9) with 78 points and was only half a point behind the BIS/BOS - there were 3 with 78 and half points! I'm over the moon - I actually thought I'd lost her as I didn't think to look for her right up in the first row!!!!!!! She also won Intermediate, got 3rd in Breeder and got me my first ever Grand Challenge prize card by coming fourth in the show :D

Molly got 3rd in LH Satin and Minnie got 3rd in SH Satin (she's browning now so didn't do as well as previously :( ) and Mars got 4th in the massive LH Cream class (15 entries)...he lost points for lack of skirt. We giot 1st and 3rd in Intermediate (out of 20).

Now for the not so good - my big disappointment was my lovely Creme Egg - he came last in LH Cream :( ....I know he's young but I think/thought he's quite nice :(

....And the interesting - Praline, my "spotty botty" Sable Roan Marteser got reclassified - she really does have a spotty botty - apparently she's a mosaic ...she was reclassified to Non Standard and got reserve out of 8!

Congrats to all the winners (especially Bunsey, Pophammy, Souffle and Spud's Mum!) and everyone else - lovely day - shame about the weather and driving time!!! :P

ilovemyhammies
06-21-2008, 01:35 PM
soon as we parked the car jay threw up twice in the car over his and my jacket, so after we benched the hammies, me and hubby had to buy new jackets and jay wore waynes oversized fleece all day :oops:
well done everyone on your wins, it was lovely to put names to faces.
shocking weather and silly me wore sandals, so feet had a good wash when we got home.
thanks holly for my lovely buttercup, she,s settling in nicely :D

Holly
06-21-2008, 01:41 PM
thanks holly for my lovely buttercup, she,s settling in nicely :D

Brilliant - thank you for giving her such a lovely home :)

I wore sandals too - luckily I had trainers in the car, my feet were freezing...flaming June and all that :shock:

pophammy
06-21-2008, 02:03 PM
Arghhhh where to start? :shock:

Good news first ~ Kipton won his class, (WW Pearl) and came 3rd in Grand challenge. He also got BIS Junior! Bingley got 3rd in WW Sapphire, despite being extremely tatty and his eye is still not quite right. :? Pringle got second in Non-standard, so the Dwarfy Beans did well! :lol: We were quite pleased with the Syrians, though neither of them got anything. Napoleon's class, LH Satin was quite big, and he scored quite well, though didn't get placed. We are pleased with Lola, who, despite coming joint last in SH Patterned, scored very well for a baby, and the judge commented that she had excellent colour and quite a good band! :)

On the bad side, we got rather lost getting there. It took us 1 1/2 hrs instead of 27mins, and we were panicking because we thought we wouldn't be able to bench them on time! :lol: The day started off all right, but it soon started to pour down! It was a nightmare trying to leave again, as our car had been penned in between a large tree and 3 other cars (2 of them hamster people, luckilly). It was a mud-bath there, and I had to stand in the pouring rain and direct Souf in reversing out. Our hams were still in their show pens, as we couldn't get into the boot to put them in their cages as a large puddle was in the way! We stopped at the side of the road in the park whilst I jumped out to put them in the cages. Whilst doing this a giant horse-box came up behind! I had to frantically shove them in and race round again so I didn't get run over! :lol: We were both drenched and frozen by this point, so it was really not the best end to the show!

Congrats to all the winners, especially Bunsey, who got BIS Dwarf, LMDH (BOS Dwarf), Scorpio Syrians (BOS and BIS Syrian), Sam Moussette (BIS Junior Syrian) and Dan's Hams (BOS Junior Syrian). Also congrats to everyone on the forum who entered, and nooboo for doing a great job of being show sec ~ we really need to buy a club umbrella as the rain was dripping all over her and the prize cards! :lol:

Mollz, I think there were 99 hams entered in total in the show.

littlemissdwarfhamster
06-21-2008, 02:12 PM
Just got back in - stopped at my parents and got fed Dads home made Chili :-) So I am nicely warmed up now.

Sat.nav was a gem and we got there and back with little fuss (slight de-tour on the way back but that was my fault for not concentrating). The weather was appalling all day which was a shame, I was going to wear my wellies but changed my mind at the last minute - silly me!

My hamsters did quite well which i was pleased about as I havent been a 'show minded' as I usually am for the last 6 months or so. I was very pleased with my argente campbells, I have had them for a while but havent shown them as I didnt think they were that good - they scored really highly and the judge took them home to breed :-D Cant wait to get them back with some babies.

I was pleased with my BOS too as that was Twinkle, an older girl who has had a few litters. But just living with her daughter Glimmer now she has blossomed. But my favourite comment was in the non-standard class, when the first comment Andrew made about my mottled argente was that she had a very nice coat - I rescued her from work with mites, so to know she is in good condition was really nice to hear.

I thoroughly enjoyed my day today.

Mollz
06-21-2008, 02:14 PM
Wow - everyone did wonderfully. Congratulations to all of you!

Basia
06-21-2008, 02:36 PM
Congratulations everyone, it sounds as though you had a good day despite the weather. :D
Special congrats to Bunsey - BIS! Well done.

06-21-2008, 02:53 PM
Congratulations everyone! Especially Paddy - obviously that velcro didn't harm his good looks! :wink:

It sounds like you all need a special award just for turning up, and sticking out that weather. That's dedication...well done!!!! :D