PDA

View Full Version : I'm back, and so is Nibbles!

Coco1
08-25-2005, 06:41 PM
Hi guys! Well, I've just returned from my 3 week holiday / vacation back home to the UK and am now back in Texas. I had a WONDERFUL time! As for Nibbles, he's as healthy as he could be! My friend did a great job in looking after him for 3 whole weeks, especially as she had never had, or looked after a hammy before! But like I said before, I trusted her and she's so good with her other animals. Well Nibbles did not decline after his antibiotic treatments and only continued to improve in the care of my friend. He is now fatter looking again and his fur has grown much longer! It's also cooler in her house compared to mine so I'm sure he grew it to keep him warmer. I'm just so happy he came through his respiratory infection really well and made a full recovery. :lol:

One thing that is a little different however is that he doesn't seem to spend as much time on his wheel as he used to. I'll keep an eye on that for the next few days. (He has a nice big Wodent Wheel which he loved). I know he does go on it at some point because the writing on it is in a different position when I wake up in the morning! I'm trying to remember from my other hammies but do they slow down on their wheel as they get older by any chance? He's probably using it more than I realize.

Well, I'm glad to be back, and glad to hear Candace that the forum problems seem OK now!

SnuggleHam
08-26-2005, 04:33 AM
Welcome back Coco and Nibbles! I’m glad that your vacation was nice and went well. I hope that you had a great time in everything you experienced there :)

I’m so glad to hear that Nibbles was well taken care of and is nice and healthy now! Its funny how animals can grow and change so much even after just leaving them for a week or two!

Maybe about the wheel thing it's just all in your head since you kind of left with a still recovering ham and you have been away long enough to kind of forget Nibbles regular routine? Or maybe your friend just took Nibbles out enough that his interest in the wheel isn't as much?

But still keeping an eye on him wont hurt, I’m sure that he’s fine though :) Welcome back to the forum, we have all missed you and Nibbles poking about in the topics. And thanks for the little tidbit comment about the forum problems, everything does seem ok now :)

Coco1
08-26-2005, 06:01 AM
Well, I'm not sure. He didn't use it last night as it's still in the same position this morning. I did give him a real good run around in his ball though before and a good run over the couch and tables! He was zooooooming!

He just doesn't seem as interested in it any more. He used to come out at night and after his grooming duties were done would hop on and wouldn't come off all night! I woke up a couple of times last night and when I came out to get some water, checked on him and he's just resting in the corner of his tank, where he likes to sleep sometimes. No playing or wheel. Maybe he's just not so active any more? I do have a spare Silent Spinner wheel which I may just try setting in there as well and see if he goes on that, but it's not as large as his Wodent Wheel. Otherwise he seems fine...

:?

SnuggleHam
08-26-2005, 06:06 AM
Well it may be just like the same situation as when you bring a new hamster home. Don’t forget Nibbles just spent a lot of time with a new person in a new home and in new surroundings, he may just be trying to readjust, there might be just a little stress from that that causing him to seem a bit funny. Plus if you just gave him a huge run in his ball I’m sure that has something to do with it :wink:

He probably just needs some time to adjust again :) Hamsters are sensitive little fur balls it seems.

Coco1
08-26-2005, 07:41 AM
Yes you're probably right Candace! I'm not too concerned about it, its just strange!

:D

pophammy
08-27-2005, 01:35 PM
Welcome back Coco and Nibbles! So nice to hear from you again! Our hams just came back from a friend's the other day and their routine seems to have changed a bit (Nelson seems to get up earlier). Also, Runty, who was three yesterday :) , doesn't use his wheel as much as he used to. Getting too old, though three is a good age for a hamster! :lol:

Coco1
08-28-2005, 01:32 PM
Hi again Pophammy and Nelson!

Well, I was playing with him the other night and when I put him back into his tank he did have a little wizz on his wheel and I'm sure he probably went on it more during the night. His waking hours are different also, waking earlier than he did before he went to my friend's. But it's probably cause he's also feeling better now!

nooboo
08-28-2005, 01:36 PM
my hamsters have a Speedo Wheel (we had two but one of the Speedos broke) so we swap it around now to see how many miles they are clocking up. It can be fun watching what speeds they get to... better go buy another now for the new hammie, he can't miss out on the fun... his wheels have no Speedo (so ok, the two girls have 3 external wheels and 3 internal between them, he just has one of each I feel so cruel :? )

flogging_molly
08-30-2005, 11:47 AM
Welcome back, I'm glad Nibbles is still as gorgeous as ever.

Coco1
09-27-2005, 11:48 AM
Thanks flogging molly!

pophammy
09-27-2005, 12:21 PM
Have you noticed the forum changes? It's great! :P Yay Candace! :P Remember to enter Nibbles in the next Photo Contest!

Coco1
09-28-2005, 02:50 PM
Yes Pop hammy I have, they're awesome! Candace you've done a GRAND job! (and hubby too of course!) :wink:

I've just spent about an hour catching up on some posts and viewing the changes here and there! New faces, new hammys, new photos (Woo hoo!).

I will definately try and enter Nibbles in the next photo contest! He's doing really well now and IS going on his wheel at night! He's alert, bright eyed and his coat grew!

:D