PDA

View Full Version : TOILET ROLL TUBES

Francescamice
05-27-2008, 04:59 AM
:D
Hi Guys
silly question, but can you let me know if it is safe to give Miya toilet roll, kitchen roll tubes to nibble and play with, are they okay in hammy pouches.
Please can you advise before I giev some tubes to Miya

thanks
fran :D

Louby
05-27-2008, 05:02 AM
Yes, they are perfectly safe. Go for it! :D

Francescamice
05-27-2008, 05:27 AM
Thanks Louby will do - do hammies just rip loo roll tubes up and store in pouches, and take this to their nests? what do they actually do with the ripped up carboard from these items?
Is it just a gnawing instinctive behaviour?
:?

cheers
Fran :D

agatecrystal
05-27-2008, 06:34 AM
Thanks Louby will do - do hammies just rip loo roll tubes up and store in pouches, and take this to their nests? what do they actually do with the ripped up carboard from these items?
Is it just a gnawing instinctive behaviour?
:?

cheers
Fran :D
It's more down to the individual ham I find really. Some just chew it up everywhere, some store it and some make a bed out of it.

sarahh
05-27-2008, 09:50 AM
Hi Fran

They are fine no worries about them having them. All ours have one and the rabbits and guinea-pigs too. Some of them rip them up others will chew them and make nests of them. Gives them something else to work on.

Sarah x

Maisydae
05-27-2008, 10:16 AM
for syrians i alway rip them to make spirals, i once had a hamster that got stuck in the toilet roll tube. We had to cut it out with nail scissors, very scary!

agatecrystal
05-27-2008, 11:08 AM
for syrians i alway rip them to make spirals, i once had a hamster that got stuck in the toilet roll tube. We had to cut it out with nail scissors, very scary!
Thats never happened with mine, you must have been really unlucky there!

sarahh
05-27-2008, 01:36 PM
Thats only ever happened once with one of ours my sisters hamster who was called harry. He got stuck in it and I had to undo the roll and get him out bless him. Never has this happened since.