PDA

View Full Version : My hamster room

SinNyx
04-20-2013, 09:10 AM
I'm on a mission to completely clean and re-organize the hamster's room o.o
All of my old cages have been brought down from the attic, so now, the room consists of 3x bin cages (occupied by my female Syrian Nymphadora and my male Syrian Hatton), 2x Imac Fantasies (my male Syrian Hank lives in one of them)...a ZZ2 which was only used for about 4/5 months then put in the attic, has slight scratches on it but is in good conidtion otherwise...a mini duna which was used when Nymphadora was a baby, it was a cage that I was given by pets at home for £5 when I took in a gerbil and hamster years ago, only ever used it as Nymphadora's first home when she was a baby...another cage that Hank came in when I rescued him, haven't got a clue what it is though...
Aaaaand that's it beside a load of spare boxes and other boxes which are used for the hamster's stuff!
Will post pics later, time for a nice lil hamster room spring clean!

pixiehollow
04-20-2013, 10:41 AM
Looking forward to seeing pictures of your new sorted hammy room :) I'm thinking of converting my wardrobe for more space too :mad: xxx

SinNyx
04-20-2013, 11:05 AM
Here are some pics of the room and everything before I started to clean, I moved the hamsters around earlier and that's the only change in the pics from earlier o.o
(Everything is purposely all over the place btw, never was before, hehe)

pixiehollow
04-20-2013, 11:08 AM
WOW! You have ALOT of hammy stuff, I am very envious! Such a lovely bright room :) xxx

littlescruffies
04-20-2013, 11:53 AM
Ooo I like your shelf unit :)

SinNyx
04-20-2013, 12:03 PM
I would like to say they are spoiled...there are a lot of spare toys, bowls, and some wheels in the boxes, some stuff has never been used... :lol:

The shelf unit was from Ikea, really needed space to stack the cages, it's ideal for me, really handy to have it and saves a lot of space o.o

SinNyx
04-20-2013, 12:54 PM
Here is the room after a bit of a clean...it's not all done yet, will need more cleaning up and have to sort everything in the boxes out!

Axeria
04-20-2013, 12:58 PM
Woow! It looks great! You have some lucky hams ;)

SinNyx
04-20-2013, 01:06 PM
I would hope so! o.o
Always makes me feel better and happier when their stuff is sorted or they are all content in clean cages ^^

Mogster66
04-20-2013, 01:31 PM
I only have one hamster,but I always wonder what hamsters think when there are other hamsters in the same room in different cages,do they communicate in some way,you have a nice set up.

SinNyx
04-20-2013, 01:34 PM
I only have one hamster,but I always wonder what hamsters think when there are other hamsters in the same room in different cages,do they communicate in some way,you have a nice set up.

The only time I ever see them communicate is when my female, Nymphadora, is in heat and calling to the three males :p

SinNyx
04-21-2013, 10:48 AM
Here is the hammy toy box...full of spares and toys, chews, wheels, lots of tubes and bits for the cages...I have lots of other wood and cardboard stuff laying around the room, and some handmade stuff I have done...

kimlck
04-21-2013, 04:37 PM
Hi, where did you get the shelving unit from?

SinNyx
04-21-2013, 11:20 PM
Hi, where did you get the shelving unit from?

Homebase I believe ^^