PDA

View Full Version : I need help identifying my hammy?

Lord Hammy
04-14-2013, 05:48 AM
So, I got a hamster yesterday and (now I know that you're not supposed to do this on the first day but I reeeeaaaalllyyyyy couldn't help myself) got him tamed. At the pet shop I got him from, it just said he was a 'Russian Dwarf'. I was playing around with him, and noticed he looked a lot like a Winter White, but kind of had a Campbell's nose shape. I'm guessing he's a hybrid, but I'm not exactly sure. I don't have any pictures of him though....He kind of looks like this:

www.theanimalfiles.com/images/winter_white_russian_dwarf_hamster_2.jpg

He still looks like a Campbell to me, but with the colours of a WW...So I'm guessing he's a hybrid?

Axeria
04-14-2013, 07:54 AM
If he is from a petshop he defo is a hybrid :) The mass-breeders who supply the stores dont care or know how to see the diference between a ww and campbells so they end up breeding the two species, sadly that means we get hybrids and not purebreds. But they make good pets anyways so congrats on your little fella :D would love to see some pics pweease ;)

kyrilliondaemon
04-14-2013, 08:21 AM
What Axeria said :)
Russian dwarf means hybrid really

Lord Hammy
04-14-2013, 08:46 AM
Thanks ^^; He woke up earlier and I let him wake up before I took him out and he ran about on me and tried to climb up my t-shirt XD Then before I got a chance to take any pics he peed on me and I had to put him back to go wash my hands. It was quite funny though, he's quite adventurous. He tried to climb down the back of my bed XD. My mum hates hamsters, but she seems to like my little Alf for some reason. Probably because he's never bitten me and he's so cute. Won't go any where near him though....He lets me hold him, I guess that's all that matters. He ran away from the lady in the pet shop but when I brought him home he just let me pet him and stuff straight away ^-^ I'll get some pics soon~

Axeria
04-14-2013, 08:52 AM
Awww! He sounds like a blast! Love hes name also! Cant wait for pics ;)

Lord Hammy
04-14-2013, 09:08 AM
He IS a blast! Pics will be up soon, just got my hair dyed so I need to get it washed and stuff so if he goes on my head I know he'll be safe ^-^ Haha, thanks c: His real name's Alfie, I just call him Alf x3 :p