PDA

View Full Version : Finally found shelving for my ham cages!!

Kiki_3173
04-08-2013, 06:09 PM
I think I finally found a shelving unit that will both match my house decor AND is big enough to house both of my hams cages!! I'm going to check it out this weekend...keep your fingers crossed for me:-)

Stockannette
04-08-2013, 06:59 PM
I think I finally found a shelving unit that will both match my house decor AND is big enough to house both of my hams cages!! I'm going to check it out this weekend...keep your fingers crossed for me:-)

Looks nice - keep us posted!

Kiki_3173
04-09-2013, 01:46 AM
Looks nice - keep us posted!

Thanks Stockannette! :-)...will do! My hubby likes the southwest style so the tiles will fit great with that. It's been so hard trying to find something stylish that will fith Darwin's big bin cage!!

jesselle
04-09-2013, 02:32 AM
is it warm where you live? in the winter you could put some warmer mats on the tiles to make sure the hams are snug and warm :)

for summer it's great though!

Kiki_3173
04-09-2013, 02:48 AM
is it warm where you live? in the winter you could put some warmer mats on the tiles to make sure the hams are snug and warm :)

for summer it's great though!

Jesselle,thanks for bringing that thought to mind:-) It is something for me to think about & keep an eye on during the colder months. What type of mats do you mean? Would a towel work?

I live in Southwest Florida:-). The coldest it usually gets here in the wintertime is about 40 degrees Fahrenheit & we keep our central heat around 77 degrees in the wintertime (I really don't like to be cold;-)). lol

Biscotti
04-10-2013, 12:53 AM
Wow that's a great looking shelf! I've been trying to look for ones big enough to fit my 110 qt bins without looking too industrial, and I'm not too keen on the wired shelving as they will be in our living room. That one you've found looks like it has a lot of character, I love it! :)

Kiki_3173
04-10-2013, 02:01 AM
Wow that's a great looking shelf! I've been trying to look for ones big enough to fit my 110 qt bins without looking too industrial, and I'm not too keen on the wired shelving as they will be in our living room. That one you've found looks like it has a lot of character, I love it! :)

I thought exactly the same thing about the wire shelving, Biscotti! :-) It was going to be my last resort. My hams are also in the living room, so I wanted something that would at least, slightly, fit in with the furniture in there. The problem for me that I too, couldn't find anything that would fit Darwin's 110qt bin, so when I saw this one one pop up on Craigslist...I pounced on it ;-) lol. Actually going to look at it tonight! :-)

Oh...and A Most Happy Birthday to you!! :-)

Biscotti
04-10-2013, 02:42 AM
Thank you Kiki! :D

I have a love and hate relationship with Craigslist, but finding a gem like this is definitely the best part of slogging through all the rest. I should really go through my local Craigslist again sometimes. I hope it's more awesome in person and you can haul it back home. :D

jesselle
04-10-2013, 03:24 AM
Jesselle,thanks for bringing that thought to mind:-) It is something for me to think about & keep an eye on during the colder months. What type of mats do you mean? Would a towel work?

I live in Southwest Florida:-). The coldest it usually gets here in the wintertime is about 40 degrees Fahrenheit & we keep our central heat around 77 degrees in the wintertime (I really don't like to be cold;-)). lol

no worries :) yeah i'd say a towel would work, as for mats, just something to stop the base of the cage from being too cold during the colder months. though it sounds as though your house is pretty toasty during the winter anyway!

newcastlemam
04-10-2013, 05:59 AM
I love that its not easy to find shelving that is suitable and looks good you have defo done well