PDA

View Full Version : Hamster sounds?

Mogster66
04-01-2013, 04:23 AM
This morning when I got up my two year old Syrian hamster was making almost hiccup kind of sounds and chattering his teeth,I,ve never heard him do that before as he is normally very quiet,do any of you know what it could be?,he is eating and drinking as normal and I was playing with him last night as normal.

Kissa
04-01-2013, 05:12 AM
My Syrian does teeth chattering when she is disgruntled -- either if I've just accidentally woken her up or she is annoyed at not being able to get somewhere or chew something she shouldn't ;)

kyrilliondaemon
04-01-2013, 05:19 AM
Chattering their teeth is normal hamster vocalisation, clicking, squeaking e.t.c are also normal but I don't really know what you mean by hiccup kind of sounds

Mogster66
04-01-2013, 05:38 AM
Chattering their teeth is normal hamster vocalisation, clicking, squeaking e.t.c are also normal but I don't really know what you mean by hiccup kind of sounds

I can,t think of another way of describing the sound other than a hiccup,he is still doing it now,what does a hamster with a cold sound like?,he is normally so quiet.

leedsgurl
04-01-2013, 05:56 AM
Ours often do little chirps, a bit like a squeaky toy!

Pouches
04-01-2013, 06:31 AM
I've never heard males chirp, I can't recall if I've ever heard an unbred female chirp either. Generally females who have had a litter of pups will chirp occasionally even after the pups are gone.
I'm pretty sure the chirping is the mothers way of calling out to her pups.

leedsgurl
04-01-2013, 06:34 AM
All mine do it every now and again, even the boys :D