PDA

View Full Version : WIDE Awake...normal?

Kiki_3173
03-29-2013, 10:40 AM
Ok...so I'm not usually home during the day with Smudge, but this week is spring break, so I'm off of work. She's quite active in the morning!

Today, she has been up since about 7am and it is now 1:30 in the afternoon and she is still going strong! She had about 30 minutes out in her playpen this morning, she's run on her wheel quite a lot, and taken breaks to eat/drink/tunnel. AND now she's having a roll around the room in her ball. Is this normal???

Oh...and here's a little video of her favorite past time (other than eating and running in her wheel). Sorry for the bad camera...my phone camera is crap!
5xofku64jRU

Kiki_3173
03-29-2013, 11:38 AM
I just ended up taking her wheel out of her cage for a while...I've honestly never seen her this a active & run this much on her wheel! A little concerned:-(

Stockannette
03-29-2013, 11:53 AM
Maybe she knows you're home and decided to grace you with her presence?

Carmelita is sometimes out and about in the mornings as we are getting ready for work, and Flower NEVER was.

Kiki_3173
03-29-2013, 11:58 AM
You are right...she does know I'm here because everytime I pass her cage she goes up to her second level & meerkats, sniffing the air. :-). She finally went into her nest after I took her wheel out. I love that she's out & I get to watch her so much, but she was going on 8 hours straight today!! :confused:

Kaztrekie
03-29-2013, 12:30 PM
She ll sleep tonight I would nt worry she's just having a "yay mummy's home day"
It's great I m home most days and sam still doesn't come out till evening and first thing in morning

Kiki_3173
03-29-2013, 12:53 PM
It's great I m home most days and sam still doesn't come out till evening and first thing in morning

My Syrian, Darwin, is like that. He's just getting up when I'm going to bed and I'm just getting up as he's going to bed;-). Even when I am home all day, he doesn't want to be bothered with mommy;-). Lol