PDA

View Full Version : Troubled Hammies (Taming help! )

Homunculus
03-25-2013, 08:09 PM
So i've owned my two Chinese dwarves for a week and 3 days. I've just started to attempt taming 2 days ago. And well the first day went horrible...lol. I bought a play pen for them and they tried to escape...=_= and the second day i got them out to put them in the bath tub for taming. That went well, but today being the 3rd day in the taming process. I cannot get one of my hamsters to sit still for tranferring him out of the cage to the tub. I mean he keeps jumping up on his wheel, and running perhaps he's nervous? I don't know...but i can't get the wheel out of the cage for him to stay still because he keeps jumping on it. My other hamster,Snow. Is very calm and just sits there so it's really easy to get him out to tame. But Yuj is really hyper and playful, i want to get him out. But i have noway to remove the wheel, unless he's not on it lol. Should i just be aggressive and shake him off the wheel? I don't want to hurt him or anything. Or is there any other way to calm him down and gently scoop him up?

HollyHamster
03-25-2013, 08:15 PM
Toilet paper tube. Just pop one in and Yuj should hop right inside of it out of curiosity.

Pwhiskers
03-28-2013, 08:54 AM
I use my hamster's exercise ball for transferring her, she climbs right in of her own accord :)

billynomates
04-02-2013, 12:26 PM
I tried the method recommended on here, the cup, i use a big plastic tumbler, works a treat. BillyMario is still quite nervous and doesn't like being picked up