PDA

View Full Version : Weather forecast for Blenheim

Holly
05-23-2008, 07:29 AM
OK so the weather forecast is dire - high winds and heavy rain (well for Sun/Mon - Saturday looks ok, course we aren't going on Saturday :roll: ).

Typical bank holiday then!

What I'm wanting to know is how muddy is it likley to be - I assume it's in field? Will there be room in the tent for the two hamsters in Gabbers I'm bringing for people, as well as a carrier? I can't leave them in the car as, bad weather or not, it's summer.

Are people bringing wellies/raingear etc?

I_am_plankton
05-23-2008, 09:38 AM
Hmm Blenheim is potentially a field I guess but not a nasty one. I would bring wellies just in case though. I am going to look tomorrow at temperatures etc and do my packing then.

There should be plenty of room in the tent Julie for those things :)

Is there anything me and you need to discuss? Have you got your breakfast plan sorted?

Holly
05-23-2008, 10:05 AM
Noooo - what are the options?

Are we doing the BK veggie burgers for dinner on Sunday evening? :wink:

I_am_plankton
05-23-2008, 10:22 AM
Absolutely - we can't miss out on them now can we! And Onion Rings :D Lol!

Breakfast option is as below: http://www.travelodge.co.uk/breakfast/

I am taking my own bowl and spoon, longlife milk and cereal! Cos it's cheaper I guess :)

Tammy22
05-23-2008, 10:25 AM
I'm stopping at the travel lodge too!!

On the Sunday Evening!!

Hope the weather is ok :?

Tammy x

Holly
05-23-2008, 10:27 AM
We might bring cereal too then! I'll have to go out and buy milk though as I only like freezing milk on cereal - is there anywhere nearby? :oops:

I_am_plankton
05-23-2008, 10:36 AM
Hmm i really don't know to be honest :S I'm not sure if there is a shop nearby or something.

Tammy which Travelodge are you staying at?

Matty Day
05-23-2008, 10:38 AM
well im going to bring some of my heavy duty cod fishing stuff if the weathers bad. ( no rods bait or tacke thougth)

i hope there a kettle im bringing pot noodle.

and i might bring some lidl choclate to.

would it be a good idea to bring chairs?

Tammy22
05-23-2008, 10:48 AM
I think it's called Bicester?

Just before Blenheim, when you come from our direction on the Motorway.

How bout you? and Holly?

Tammy x

I_am_plankton
05-23-2008, 10:51 AM
Ah we are at the Oxford Peartree :)

Spuds Mum
05-23-2008, 11:09 AM
what a dreadful forecast - lets all give positive thoughts that it is totally wrong - we were hoping to come down in the convertible :roll: its not had much chance to go topless lately :shock: :x

Think it may just be my little fiesta instead though!

BVMARK
05-23-2008, 01:09 PM
its not had much chance to go topless lately :shock: :x

Go on Spuds mum, Go topless :shock: :wink:

Spuds Mum
05-23-2008, 01:12 PM
:oops: oh dear! Well at least if I did it would keep my knees dry :x :x

Mollz
05-23-2008, 01:33 PM
:oops: oh dear! Well at least if I did it would keep my knees dry :x :x

:x :x You might get a bit cold though - and you'd definitely be noticed!! :x :x

Holly
05-23-2008, 02:16 PM
Go on Spuds mum, Go topless :shock: :wink:

Yes, go on - we'll all give you our best baby hamster if you do :P

Won't we, boys and girls? :wink:

Spuds Mum
05-23-2008, 02:33 PM
You only want a good parking place, as everyone runs screaming as far away from Blenheim as possible!! :wink: :x

Basia
05-24-2008, 03:53 AM
If there is a Little Chef at the Travelodge you should be able to buy milk there, I think...
It got very, very muddy at Monmouth so I am definitely bringing my rubber boots.
I was hoping we could leave babies behind the table that were already booked and not going onto the sales table. I did that at Gatcombe no problem so hope its ok here too. I will have to find somewhere to put Bailey too - I'm bringing a spare 'Not for Sale' label for him! :P

Louby
05-24-2008, 07:51 AM
I will be wearing my pink and purple spotted wellies, just incase :wink: They are very comfy, so even if it does end up being dry... you will still be able to 'spot' me wearing these!

(Spot me...get it? :lol: )

Is there somewhere that we can sit in the tent? I know there is alot going on elsewhere tomorrow...but I want to spend most of my time sitting and talking with you lot :wink: . I haven't got any folding chairs...should I get some? :?

Spuds Mum
05-24-2008, 09:06 AM
I will have to find somewhere to put Bailey too - I'm bringing a spare 'Not for Sale' label for him! :P

Bailey's new cage is all set up and includes a 'not for sale' label!! I'm going to put Butterscotch?? for ELC in with him for the journey too.
I have put a couple of 'not for sale' signs on my carriers too - I have a panic that, after waiting for ages to pick up Copper, I will put him down for 5 minutes and see a little girl walking away from sales with him!

I'm going through my preparation list hoping I've remembered everything, but no doubt something will have slipped my mind :roll:

Basia
05-24-2008, 10:17 AM
[quote="Spud's MumBailey's new cage is all set up and includes a 'not for sale' label!! I'm going to put Butterscotch?? for ELC in with him for the journey too.
I have put a couple of 'not for sale' signs on my carriers too - I have a panic that, after waiting for ages to pick up Copper, I will put him down for 5 minutes and see a little girl walking away from sales with him!

I know, when I took Ruby to Gatcombe I was terrified someone would sell her by mistake when my back was turned. I forgot to put a 'Not for Sale' sign on before we left home and had to make one when we got there.
Can't wait to see my little bundle of fluff...

Matty Day
05-24-2008, 10:33 AM
well im fully packed an ready to go all i need 2 do is put hams in boxes in the mourning :x

Bourne Valley Hams
05-24-2008, 10:58 AM
We were at Blenheim this morning before going down to Romsey to set up. There is plenty of table space behind for your reserved hammies. There are enough chairs there for a sit down when needed.
Not at all muddy yet but the weather has been really nice, though very windy today.
The tent has got lots of holes in the roof - I hope it doesn't rain too hard!! :roll:

Matty Day
05-24-2008, 11:01 AM
well ive got a colapsable sun lounger im bringing so that no problem

would it be worth bring a sheet to kepp stuff dry ?

Mollz
05-24-2008, 12:35 PM
Have fun tomorrow everyone! I hope the weather is good where you are, as well as where we will be (Romsey).

Won't a sun lounger take up a bit too much room Matty? Haven't you just got a fold up chair?

05-24-2008, 12:41 PM
I will be chairless and wellie-less (my wellies are at my rowing club and if I try and sneak them away early tomorrow morning, I'll be collared into rowing so I can't take that chance!) so look out for a muddy soaking wet person with two pet carriers - one empty for my Dubeanie and one full of Campbell girls that need their nails trimming. There will probably also be mutterings of "I hate the sodding countryside" and "where can I get a decent *swearword* latte?" as bad weather brings out the townie in me!! :roll: Feel free to slap me at any point. :wink:

Basia
05-24-2008, 12:45 PM
I now have a vision of Matty wearing cod fishing gear, pulling a suitcase, hamsters under his arm with a sun lounger!!

souffle
05-24-2008, 12:58 PM
Please take a picture of Matty Basia :lol: :lol:
Don't forget to get him eating the pot noodles too! :D :D

Tammy22
05-24-2008, 01:03 PM
This sounds like it is going to be a fun couple of days, lol :D

If all goes well and i get everything done tonight (fingers crossed) we will be leaving early tomorrow morning and spending tomorrow at Blenheim Palace too!!

So i might be able to meet a few more people too - just hope i meet everyone who is there and don't miss anyone out, or worse, talk to people who i have spoken to on here, but dont realise who they are :oops:

Tammy x

Spuds Mum
05-24-2008, 01:14 PM
This sounds like it is going to be a fun couple of days, lol :D

If all goes well and i get everything done tonight (fingers crossed) we will be leaving early tomorrow morning and spending tomorrow at Blenheim Palace too!!

So i might be able to meet a few more people too - just hope i meet everyone who is there and don't miss anyone out, or worse, talk to people who i have spoken to on here, but dont realise who they are :oops:

Tammy x

Well if you remember me Tammy, please do talk to me. I think I remember you, aren't you brown and beautifully fluffy, with a twitchy nose and a lovely wee white tail? :shock:

No? I may have been taking too much notice of your rabbit last time then :oops:

Oh and ELC - I will be wellieless too - I cleared the garage less than a fortnight ago - and guess what I thought I wouldnt need? :roll:

Tammy22
05-24-2008, 01:33 PM
It's funny how many people think i match that description :? :D

Should be able to find you - i will have some Robo babies with me anyway - so come and say hello if you like!

Tammy x

Matty Day
05-24-2008, 01:52 PM
well i certinly wont be carrying hams under my arm i did a bit of diy and made my self a travel box carrier today :P hands free versoin :x

my lounger dosent take up much space actually :wink: and it folds down to a realy small size :x

Matty Day
05-24-2008, 01:54 PM
sadly no choclate my dad stole it and took it to wembly today :evil:

souffle
05-24-2008, 02:38 PM
Oh a backpack hamster carrier Matty? Well done. Can we see a picture as this might be good for people with lots of hammies. Jean Tye always comes in pulling her hamster trolley which is really cool :lol:

Matty Day
05-24-2008, 02:41 PM
it wont work for peeps with lots of hammies im afraid :roll:

its not a ruck sack more like a plastic box straped to a laptop case strap only takes 3 boxes :roll:

Bourne Valley Hams
05-24-2008, 02:41 PM
well ive got a colapsable sun lounger im bringing so that no problem

What???? There will be no time for lounging around you know!!! :shock:

Bourne Valley Hams
05-24-2008, 02:43 PM
"where can I get a decent *swearword* latte?"

You can get a very nice latte in the tent to the left of the entrance!! :wink: :D

05-24-2008, 03:30 PM
[quote="East London Chick":1heelfz6] "where can I get a decent *swearword* latte?"

You can get a very nice latte in the tent to the left of the entrance!! :wink: :D[/quote:1heelfz6]

That's me sorted then! I'll be all smiles once I've had a coffee. :D Thanks BVH.

Tammy - text me (or I'll text you) when you get there so we can finally meet!!

Spuds Mum
05-24-2008, 03:39 PM
I was wondering if anyone who is around now, would mind swapping mobile numbers with me, just so if either of us needs to pass on messages, gets hopelessly lost etc. we can let someone know?
Sounds stupid, and I meant to ask Holly or Basia, but I forgot :oops: and as Im bringing babies and picking some up, I wouldnt want people to be thinking I am not coming if I end up being a bit later than I should be? :D
If anyone doesn't mind, could you pm me and I'll return one?

Basia
05-24-2008, 03:49 PM
Have you got mine now - I sent you a couple of text messages on the number you gave me.
I've got Julie's so can always pass a message on to her.
Gill x

05-24-2008, 03:52 PM
I've PM'd you mine...and I have Tammy's. So between us all, we should find each other - and it sounds like Matty will be easy to spot! :wink:

Spuds Mum
05-24-2008, 03:54 PM
Have you got mine now - I sent you a couple of text messages on the number you gave me.
I've got Julie's so can always pass a message on to her.
Gill x

Oh I'll check now - Im so embarrassed - Im in the loft whilst my mobile is downstairs! :oops:

Tammy and ELC have also given theirs, and Ive passed on mine. I do so love hamster people, they are all so friendly. thanks so much guys! :D