PDA

View Full Version : No rescue hamsters near me

Kaztrekie
03-19-2013, 01:00 AM
I was just browsing hehe on the rspca website to see if there are any robots needing a home my zz1 is looking very lonely the nearest hamster is 127 miles away! Erm website error or just me have emailed local shelter just in case :)

kyrilliondaemon
03-19-2013, 08:03 AM
Not all RSPCA places have hams for rehoming. Have you tried places like gumtree and preloved?

Kaztrekie
03-19-2013, 08:05 AM
Yes a few in my area I found earlier :) oh dear now too many to choose from

kyrilliondaemon
03-19-2013, 08:08 AM
lol good luck with that...

shiny
03-19-2013, 09:27 AM
Yes a few in my area I found earlier :) oh dear now too many to choose from

Always the way :( that's why I try not to look... I hope you find the right hammie for you to offer a forever home to :)

purple_x
03-19-2013, 11:19 AM
I am pretty close to Essex (about an hour away, transport could be arranged!)
I have 2 gorgeous robo boys in the rescue atm, they've had no interest at all.

If you are still looking for a robo just let me know.
The rescue page link is in my sig if you wanna see pics of the boys :D

newcastlemam
03-19-2013, 11:22 AM
That sounds like an offer lol you should go for it lol x

Kaztrekie
03-19-2013, 12:57 PM
Oh tempting tempting just got to work on hubbie. I ll bake him a cake always works

Kaztrekie
03-19-2013, 01:05 PM
Oh they are gorgeous how could no one want them ,will work on hubbie over couple of days what's one more hammy :)

newcastlemam
03-19-2013, 01:15 PM
Oh tempting tempting just got to work on hubbie. I ll bake him a cake always works

I had to promise to do a full spring clean today and my OH still aint give the nod on my new little boy(not that he has a choice I am ordering the cage tomorrow lol)

purple_x
03-19-2013, 01:24 PM
Oh they are gorgeous how could no one want them ,will work on hubbie over couple of days what's one more hammy :)

Good luck with the hubby!

They are adorable boys, I don't know why no-one wants them :( It's a shame, they've been with me for nearly a year now.

Kaztrekie
03-20-2013, 02:00 AM
Hubbie has said a no :( to any more pets we only have 2 budgies ,a. Hamsters and loads of fish which are his and two kids :) so I m gonna to go hug sam now :(
And be sad for rest of day

Kaztrekie
03-20-2013, 02:48 AM
And not make him cake or any other treats till he changes his Mind :)

Arraminta
03-20-2013, 02:59 AM
Well it's only fair for you to have the same amount of hamsters as he has fish!!!

Minty x

Kaztrekie
03-20-2013, 03:04 AM
I agree though that many may overrun the house :) sounds good to me

Arraminta
03-20-2013, 03:07 AM
Hahahah :)

My OH pulled that one and he has 5 tortoises so he lost that one!! He was the same.. We have (had before smudge died) 1 cat a dog and 2 hammies...

Keep the faith... I won you can too... Hahaha

Minty

newcastlemam
03-20-2013, 03:47 AM
Hubbie has said a no :( to any more pets we only have 2 budgies ,a. Hamsters and loads of fish which are his and two kids :) so I m gonna to go hug sam now :(
And be sad for rest of day

Dont worry my OH just thinks if he doesnt mention the new hammie anymore it wont happen lol just wait til its pick up time and he relises I am serious lol,
just go for it I am I mean he cant really leave me over a hamster can he ? lol

Kaztrekie
03-20-2013, 08:13 AM
Tempting tempting ......he's got a week off soon I may wait till then when he hasn't got work stressing him out :)

newcastlemam
03-20-2013, 08:25 AM
Tempting tempting ......he's got a week off soon I may wait till then when he hasn't got work stressing him out :)

Sounds like a plan to me lol

Scampi16
03-20-2013, 09:53 AM
My OH has no choice, but doesn't seem to mind. i bought my Syrian then two months later bought/adopted my two Robo's.
Like I said he said he doesn't mind, but has said that they are my pets, and I have to look after them, which I do. Think he bit peed that I have bought so much stuff for them (new cages, loads of toys, treats and accessories Almost £300 since I 1st got my Syrian week before xmas), But I'm the bread winner in my household and it's my money to spend as I wish as long as the bills are paid and food bought first.

newcastlemam
03-20-2013, 10:24 AM
My OH said the same to me about the dogs but he is just getting sick of having no time with me I think coz am always with the animals lol

Kaztrekie
03-22-2013, 09:56 AM
Ok cake cooked wine at the ready all set :)
Chocolate on standby ( for me not hubbie )

kyrilliondaemon
03-22-2013, 10:13 AM
lol good luck!

LavoChain
03-22-2013, 10:17 AM
You should get him drunks, he won't notice the tiny robos. When he wakes up from oblivion and asks where they came from just maintain that 'they've always been here dear'. :D

This is why I don't bother with relationships, if I can't find an animal mad man he won't be taking me out.

The Hamster's family
03-22-2013, 10:55 AM
Well it's only fair for you to have the same amount of hamsters as he has fish!!!

Minty x

I just died !!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO !!!!!!!!!!

The Hamster's family
03-22-2013, 10:59 AM
You should get him drunks, he won't notice the tiny robos. When he wakes up from oblivion and asks where they came from just maintain that 'they've always been here dear'. :D

This is why I don't bother with relationships, if I can't find an animal mad man he won't be taking me out.

I'm dead !! That's it !!!!!!!!!!!!!! You guys are evil !! PLAIN EVIL !!!!!!!!! LOLLLLLLLLL !!!!!!!!!

linford27
03-22-2013, 10:59 AM
Sometimes Kaztrekie not all the animals are listed on the website, so it would be best to give your local shelter a ring and just ask if they have any hams!
sometimes you might also find hams on places like gumtree and craigslist

Kaztrekie
03-22-2013, 11:06 AM
I emailed them but have nt head back yet I am hard of hearing so not that good on the phone yet ,have a ci implant for he last 6 months so am getting there but strangers on phone little tricky :)

Kaztrekie
03-22-2013, 11:15 AM
I should point out that a ci implant or cochular implant is like a hearing aid ,but you have a part implanted inside your head and the outer piece connects with a magnet to the outside :) ( in case anyone wondered) they are wonderful I was completly deaf. For 4 years until this .

DrKMcK
03-22-2013, 11:19 AM
It's funny. Not funny, haha, funny, interesting. I decided about 10 years ago that if I didn't get rid of my OH I was probably going to kill him at some point. Since that really isn't acceptable in polite society, I left and have never looked back. Not that I am suggesting anyone do the same, you understand. But I have come to the realization that I like my life the way it is just fine, thank you very much. My daughter is grown and does her own thing, so I do as I please and what pleases me. The idea of going to get some new furries for me is just a matter of doing it. How many is up to me. I come and go as I please. I retired, so I can go where I like, sleep when I want, eat when I want, stay up all night watching TV, reading, knitting or playing the keyboard. I especially love summer nights sitting out in the yard until 1,2 or 3 in the morning. I've done all the rest, so now, it's my time. The only one I have to answer to for the choices I make about my furries is me. I like it that way. So, I can have hammy trains made up of individual hammy balls following each other all over the house and all I need to do is lift my feet now and then to let them pass.

Kaztrekie
03-22-2013, 12:21 PM
Good for you your doing what you enjoy :) I would nt e without my oh even though I complain at him sometimes but him 2 kids hamster and budgies yep full house just need a dog :) and more hamsters ,it's your life so enjoy it :)

littlescruffies
03-22-2013, 03:24 PM
I'm just going to squeeze one more hammie in, for now!!
To go with OH, 2 kids, 2 rabbits, 2 robos, 3 fish tanks and a cockatiel.

Think I need to win the lottery to get a bigger house :)

Biscotti
03-22-2013, 03:32 PM

Oh god that kills me. :lol::lol::lol:

Kaztrekie
03-24-2013, 12:51 AM
It's still no sigh :( I am considering the getting him drunk option :)
Kids are n my side have put the zz1 on a nice position :)

Lougarry
03-24-2013, 02:09 AM
Hehe. When I met my husband, 14 years ago now :o, I had two cats.

Now, it's one cat, one dog, five rats and nine hamsters... Oh, and two kids.

Sometimes he tells me it wasn't what he signed up for. Sometimes he demands favours ;)

I used to be responsible for cochlear implant services for Essex. It's a thankless task being an NHS manager - we are footballs for politicians, getting blamed for the bureaucracy they created - but just sometimes you are reminded that you are doing something worthwhile. One of those times was getting a thank you card from a 5 year old whose bilateral CIs I'd approved, saying it was her best birthday present ever :D That made me very happy x

Kaztrekie
03-24-2013, 02:12 AM
My hubbie also works for the nhs for the staff bank trying to get nurses for shifts etc
Your right it is thankless no matter what he does some people are never happy.

By on behalf of all the people in essex who have had implants because of you

Thank you thank you thank you thank you. They are the best thing ever:)