PDA

View Full Version : Tale of Two Wheels

Digga
03-12-2013, 05:22 AM
Awhile back I had ordered a Karlie wheel from a UK vendor. Due to some rough handling the wheel arrived broken. I had intended to return for a refund and went out and bought the 12" Silent Spinner. Hamers had no interest in the Silent Spinner and to tell the truth it really looked far too big for Hamers to even get moving.

I decided to attempt a repair on the Karlie and was pretty sucessful, it has a nasty scar but it is very servicable. Hammers also ignored the Karlie for about a week, but now he pounds it every night. I love watching him run - his feet are just a blur.

I kept the Silent Spinner and have it stored under a chair in my bedroom. I gave Hamers some free range time this morning and when he didn't pop up at the usual places on his route I went looking for him. I found him in the bedroom, running his heart out on the Silent Spiner.

squishyhammy
03-12-2013, 06:13 AM
Awwww :'). Soo cute! I just wanna cuddle him :)

Scampi16
03-12-2013, 06:20 AM
I see you mentioned that he ignored both wheels initially.
Were these his first wheel (not had a wheel/played on a wheel before)
I think if the above is true then when you put the wheels in he may have ignored them as he didn't know what they were or what they were for.
So when he eventually when to use the Karlie wheel and found out what it was for and that it was fun, when he was outside the cage he saw the other one and though oh it's one of those running things I'll have a go.

Digga
03-12-2013, 09:30 AM
He had a 6" silent spinner since I got him. He loved running on it but he was curved so I upgraded. Best thing ever.