PDA

View Full Version : Apollo on a high?

Leesha
03-08-2013, 12:42 PM
That's what it seems like anyway!

He is very shy in the day/early evening, he tiptoes everywhere and while we can handle him, he is still really jumpy!

..in the evening/early morning he is a different hamster! Literally as if he is on a high! Whizzing around and climbing bars for attention, he loves being talked to and doesn't give a poo that you're holding/stroking him.

It's very odd! Is there a reason for this? Or is Apollo just being Apollo? :lol:

Pwhiskers
03-15-2013, 06:59 AM
My hamster is a like this, when she first gets up in the day/early evening she is shy and freezes at the slightest noise, and by the early hours she is running around, chewing toys, digging and doesn't care if you're there talking or putting your hand in the cage!

neily
03-15-2013, 07:19 AM
Ivan used to be like this, now he doesn't care, if you put your hand in the cage he runs straight upto it :)

Amethyst_ice
03-15-2013, 07:30 AM
This sounds like normal hammy behaviour :)

The early eve and morning is like 5am to use and by the evening and night that is our day time. When he is sleepier he will be more cautious and jumpy then wakes up as the night goes on :) x

Kaztrekie
03-15-2013, 08:31 AM
Hehe sometimes they are like kids on cola and chocolate quite one second then running mad the next sound normal to me :)

Nush
03-15-2013, 11:21 AM
I'm glad I found this thread. My hamster is exactly the same. He's skittish in the evenings but very bold in the early hours of the morning. It's like a hammy with double personality.

The only thing is, the right time for him is 4am to 5am. I'm usually fast asleep by then but I do feel a bit bad that he's not out enough.

Leesha
03-19-2013, 05:42 AM
I'm glad I found this thread. My hamster is exactly the same. He's skittish in the evenings but very bold in the early hours of the morning. It's like a hammy with double personality.

The only thing is, the right time for him is 4am to 5am. I'm usually fast asleep by then but I do feel a bit bad that he's not out enough.

I wake Apollo up :-" I get him up at about 8 or 9pm and give him playtime in the bath just so I can spend time with him :lol: I only do that every other day or every 3 days as he's not really bothered. I just can't get up a 3am to do it :lol:

He's getting better ..but it's weird! I can talk to him at 6pm and he freezes and tip toes off, but if I talk to him at 11pm+ then he's like YAAAY PEOPLE! :lol: