PDA

View Full Version : Really big favour to ask!

Tammy22
05-20-2008, 10:58 AM
Hi Everyone,

i am just preparing some packs for the new owners of my Syrian babies.

All of my Roborovski babies go to their new homes with:

Birth Certificate
Pedigree
Feed Sheet - including a long list of foods which are safe or not
Complete Roborovski Care Guide
Food for change over period

I have completed the Birth Certificates and Pedigrees (only one generation :oops: :? ) but i dont have a feed sheet or a care sheet aimed at Syrians. I remember how long it took me to write out both for the Roborovskis, and i still add to them or change them every so often! I know that if i try and rush to write some now they will looked rushed and will probably be missing alot of vital info!

So, is there anyone who wouldnt mind sending me any leaflets which i could include in the packs? Of course i would print them out as they were sent to me - with your Prefix and name on and your website etc. and they would only be used for these 'accidentals' :) - as i will definately get around to writing out my own for any Syrian litter i might have in the future!

Sorry to be a pain, just thought i would see if anyone can help me out :)

Thanks,

Tammy x

Spuds Mum
05-20-2008, 11:02 AM
Is this for the sales tables Tammy? The NHC provide care leaflets for hams going to new homes I believe (well they do for at Northern shows) :D

Tammy22
05-20-2008, 11:02 AM
Oh, thanks Spud's Mum, that's great if they do!

Tammy x

I_am_plankton
05-20-2008, 11:03 AM
Hmm I think the club supplies the leaflets of care, and one is given to every owner who purchases a hamster and it has all the basics etc in :)

Matty Day
05-20-2008, 11:04 AM
they do but i find them to vague/not detailed enougth so i always provide my own as well :x for example theres not alot of detailed info on chinese :x

Tammy22
05-20-2008, 11:06 AM
Thanks Everyone!

Yes, i understand what you are saying Matty, as it is probably the same with Robo's, but i am sure they will be fine for Syrian hamsters :)

Tammy x

Spuds Mum
05-20-2008, 11:12 AM
Well to be honest Matty, I find they have enough information to give the important and basic stuff to new owners. Maybe not as much depth as I would give, but I have no complaints whatsoever. I think that most NHC sales would prefer to give NHC approved information really, and you dont want to overload people too much so that they lose the most important stuff. of course at the sales table they also talk about where people can get help, (ie I've always had people referred to the club, and also to the breeder whose number is usually on the pedigree for support etc.) they will also be happy to recommend appropriate books etc.

Matty, you make me smile sometimes - you always provide your own? Isnt this your first litter? And how many times exactly have you put hamsters on the sales tables? (said with a smile) :D
I dont profess to any level of expertise, but have been to quite a few shows now, exhibited and sold, and seen how things seem to 'pan out' :wink:

Matty Day
05-20-2008, 11:17 AM
once but i alway ensure that any sales of any kind go out with my care guides were ever they go i even refused them to a pet shop as they refused to hand out pedigrees and my care guide :x

Bunsey
05-20-2008, 12:16 PM
mine's not finished yet. i've done most of it though and i intend to staple it firmly to my pedigrees so it has to be handed out to buyers. :wink: