PDA

View Full Version : Buttons is selective feeding...

Buttons
03-03-2013, 11:32 AM
He is on Harry hamster mix, but he keeps leaving the little black tubey looking things in his bowl each time :rolleyes: So, is there anything I can do?? Or should I just leave him to it? :confused:

kjwc92
03-03-2013, 11:36 AM
Mine do that, they don't like the yellow cornflake looking things you can get in some mixes.
I should imagine he gets everything he needs nutritionally from what he does eat and his treats :)

Amethyst_ice
03-03-2013, 11:43 AM
Its quite common for that one to be left, if that is all i wouldnt worry, Alternatively, you could feed every over day x

LavoChain
03-03-2013, 12:25 PM
A lot of hamsters don't eat the alfalfa bales. I've heard you can put a few oats in the mix to supplement them.

Arraminta
03-03-2013, 12:28 PM
Mine actively dislike them pellets... It's nothing to worry about.. The stupid thing is I put alfalfa bales in their cages & they eat that!!!
Typical hammies Lols x

Arraminta x

Eriklover555
03-03-2013, 10:20 PM
Yeah, the black tubey things are alfalfa pellets. You can give him timothy hay blocks to chew and see if he'll eat those - that might cover whatever vitamins/minerals he doesn't get from the pellets. Mine don't eat them either ;)

northmcqueen
03-07-2013, 04:41 PM
Sooty does this, and my previous hamster did this too. She picks out her favourites and leaves the boring bits in the bowl. I only replace her food every other day (unless it is really running low), it seems to work for us

GhostsInSnow
03-07-2013, 05:15 PM
Do I have weird hammies then? Mine love them haha

souffle
03-08-2013, 01:52 AM
There is a good chance he eats one or two of them. There are proportionally quite a lot of these so it looks as if they leave them all but and ours look like that however I do think they nibble a few and have seen them do so. We feed a good handful of mix every 3rd day and they do tend to eat more.