PDA

View Full Version : My P@H robo may be pregnant!

arikata
05-19-2008, 05:39 AM
Oh deary dear, I couldn't get a good enough look but I do believe Bruce is a lady! We'll know for sure soon enough!

If I can't get rid of the babies, (sounds terrible :cry: , I wish I could keep em!) what would be the best course of action?

Moral of the story: don't call your robo Bruce unless you don't mind babies!

arikata
05-19-2008, 06:02 AM
Any hints or tips on how to prepare our potential mother 2 b? Any special dietry requirements or equipment?

05-19-2008, 06:04 AM
There's definitely something about the name Bruce. :wink:

First of all, I'd start feeding Bruce plenty of protein (chicken, tofu, egg, rice pudding) just in case she is pregnant. Then sit back and wait (and read up about breeding in the meantime).

If she does has babies and you aren't able to keep them, you can either try and sell them yourself, or you could take them back to P@H and they will put them in their adoption centre, or you could take them to a local rescue - or advertise them via the classifieds on here. You might even be able to sell them via the sales table at a hamster show.

arikata
05-19-2008, 06:12 AM
What a shame their isn't a hamster morning after pill...

Don't mealworms contain alot of protein? That is what I'm giving her at the moment, she loves em! I can't stand them personaly, I have 2 wear surgical gloves to put them in the cage lol!

I will give her home a good clean tonight and then it's ready. Just in case. I'm probably worrying over nothing but better safe than sorry!

arikata
05-19-2008, 06:21 AM
will there be any consequences of incest between poor Brucette and her brothers? Will it affect the offspring?

Bunsey
05-19-2008, 10:21 AM
oh dear. well hopefully she won't be pregnant :?

yeah, mealworms contain protein. i've never been able to buy them myself. too gross :oops:

i don't know about incest consequences. my incest babies were fine so i wouldn't worry.

arikata
05-19-2008, 12:03 PM
That's good. I had a mental image of a hamster with 6 eyes and eight legs for a moment there!

Thankyou for your help!

souffle
05-19-2008, 12:11 PM
I am going to split this down to breeding now Katzilla.
Not much you can do about the inbreeding now if the deed has been done so we will try and support you as well as we can with this possible pregnancy. Lets hope Brucette is not pregnant though it does sound possible with the way she is acting and the fact that the others are obviously capable of mating. :?

arikata
05-19-2008, 03:27 PM
Thankyou for your help souffle, bunsey and east london chick. I'll keep you all updated!

Just a thought, if she is pregnant, the offspring will probably be white faced robos :D

I'm all excited now, it's gona be so much fun (and no doubt hard work!)