PDA

View Full Version : weird sound... good or bad

harry182
05-17-2008, 01:06 PM
well recently my hamster is making this kinda huffy grunt noise and kinda blows air from her mouth really fast when shes walking around.... what does this mean usually and is it a good or a bad thing?

souffle
05-18-2008, 03:52 PM
She could have a respiratory infection or some sort of allergy. Does she have any nasal discharge or seem ill in any way? She may just be snuffling to pick up interesting smells or getting dust up her nose when she is out. If she does seem unwell in any way you should pop her to the vet for a check over.

harry182
05-19-2008, 11:27 AM
She could have a respiratory infection or some sort of allergy. Does she have any nasal discharge or seem ill in any way? She may just be snuffling to pick up interesting smells or getting dust up her nose when she is out. If she does seem unwell in any way you should pop her to the vet for a check over.

na she dosnt seem to be ill and she dontt appear to be wet anywere, shes always running bout and housekeeping in her cage.... but i guessd it maybe somthing to do with picking up smells or exploring as shes still kinda new and i expanded her cage even more.lol

thanks for the reply!