PDA

View Full Version : Forgotten the hamster food!

Knotty
02-16-2013, 03:10 PM
We have Miranda here with us tonight. The hams usually stay at home on the weekend but we brought her with us.

We forgot her food though! We have no hamster food with us and we won't be going home until tomorrow afternoon! What can we feed her just to make sure she doesn't go starving??

For those who don't know, we have decided to call our new syrian girl Miranda!!

Nush
02-16-2013, 03:20 PM
Do you not have any hamster food with you or just enough for the night?

If you can find a health shop in the morning, you could get seeds (linseed, hemp, jumbo oats). You'd also probably find hamster food in Tesco or supermarkets. Even bird seeds would do.

Knotty
02-16-2013, 03:22 PM
We have no hamster food with us at all, she has a few bits in her store and she has had a tiny bit of bread crust. We will be going home in the afternoon anyway so she will have her mix then. We usually have some spare mix here but for some reason it isn't here!!

kyrilliondaemon
02-16-2013, 03:28 PM
Have a look in the cuboards. We can't exactly make a hamster food from scratch (although our ham treats could get close lol) but find all the stuff in your cuboards she can eat... And hope tons of treats for the night works out ok.

septemberpeach
02-16-2013, 03:39 PM
Any sudden change in diet could risk a tummy upset but I don't know if having no food at all may be a greater problem (?) If it were me I'd try a small amount of wholemeal toast, if there was nothing else or porridge oats or other additive free wholegrain cereal with no added sugar, salt etc if possible. Maybe don't give too much and keep it as simple as possible.

Nush
02-16-2013, 03:49 PM
How about pasta? You could give her some boiled pasta if there are any in the cupboards.

HollyHamster
02-16-2013, 03:54 PM
Rice? Its bland enough to not upset a hammy's tummy to much, I think.