PDA

View Full Version : Jan 2 Years 9 Months 2 weeks

Silver
02-16-2013, 10:55 AM
My Beautiful Little Girl

Sue 12 opened the rub & a pile of WW's woke up & rushed to see what was happening all climbing over each other. On the top was this pretty little girl with big ears & the darkest markings of them all.

My heart was taken & I named her Jan.

This is Jan's first picture:

http://i1062.photobucket.com/albums/t489/SilverStarOne/Jan/100_0254.jpg

Jan had way too many brains for a hammy!. One day not long after I had her she bit my finger, not nasty. So I said no bite Jan. So she bit my finger again but this time not as hard. I said no bite Jan. The third time she just put her teeth on my finger with little pressure, I said no bite Jan. She looked up at me as if to say Humph! & turned her back to me in my hand. But she stuck to it all her life.

Jan was my guard hammy, if someone come into my home that she did not know, she was up out of bed & stood in the middle of her tank & started at them with a look on her face as if to say Who are you!, Should you be here!, I don't think you should. She would stay like this staring at them until I went over & told her it was ok. Then she would go back to bed .

One day a few weeks after I got her she fell off my arm & I caught her she fell off with such force she sounded like a cricket bat thwack in my hand. I put her back on my arm & she started talking to me & making a fuss of me. That was it for Jan she had fallen in love with her Mummy

Jan is the ham that has been the closest to me. We talked to each other. Because Jan was vocal, when ever she talked I would say good girl Jan talk to me & she would chirp back. We would have a conversation. Jan had several different sounds for different things, there was a are you there chirp which sounded so much like someone putting there fingers in there mouth & blowing a poor whistle, a happy chirp & a happy huff sound also.

Jan grew up to be a stunning little girl

http://i1062.photobucket.com/albums/t489/SilverStarOne/Jan/SAM_0027.jpg

Jan passed away on her Mummy's arms with me telling her I loved her always & forever. I am so happy I had her in my life & the pain that she has gone is unbearable.

Mummy Loves You,
Always & Forever In My Heart

Mummy xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

TraceyH
02-16-2013, 11:06 AM
What a nightmare for you losing her, I'm sorry for your loss. I love the photo of her on the plate.

At least she had a longish life being worshipped and knew real love.

kyrilliondaemon
02-16-2013, 11:09 AM
It sounds like Jan was an amazing hamster, I love her role as guard ham and she looked utterly adorable in her photos too.
Rest well Jan

Petite1
02-16-2013, 11:12 AM
So sorry for your loss of jan Silver, she was clearly loved and she had a long and happy life with you that you should be proud of, play well at the bridge little Janx

Pompompoms
02-16-2013, 11:19 AM
Oh I'm so sorry Silver, it only hurts so badly as you love her so much. Jan was beautiful, she'll be safe at the bridge with all our dearly missed little ones till it's time for you to see her again xx

Ilovehamsters
02-16-2013, 11:22 AM
Jan did sound like an amazing girl you was blessed by her, so sorry for your loss :( xxxxxxx

RachK
02-16-2013, 11:24 AM
Silver I am so sorry you have lost Jan. She was such a special little girl. Huge hugs to you xxx

happysaz133
02-16-2013, 11:32 AM
What a gorgeous little girl she was. RIP Jan.

gutterglitterxx
02-16-2013, 11:49 AM
So very sorry for your loss.
Run free and sleep tight, Jan.
Play well at the bridge. xx

evel_lin
02-16-2013, 11:50 AM
It was always clear from your posts about her that Jan was a very special hamster. I'm sorry that she's passed but glad that she had such a good life with you. RIP beautiful girl

vanilla-yazoo
02-16-2013, 11:59 AM
oh hun i am sorry she has gone
she has had a wonderful time with her mum
she was well loved and loved being with you
sleep well lil lady x

Lougarry
02-16-2013, 01:27 PM
I'm so very sorry, Silver :( Run free, Jan xxx

Call me Alison
02-16-2013, 01:45 PM
I'm so sorry silver

play well jan xxxxx

Queen Of The High Teas
02-16-2013, 05:58 PM
I'm sorry about Jan, Silver. What a special girl she was. RIP Jan, run free, play well and blow your mum a kiss from time to time x

racinghamster
02-17-2013, 02:59 AM
I`ve just seen this Silver and so sad to read that Jan has passed on. She was full of beans and character which was clear to see in the videos you posted of her recently. Each day they spend with us is a wonderful day and our lives would be that bit duller without them.

Sleep soundly little Jan. You will be missed. x

Arraminta
02-17-2013, 04:07 AM
Silver! I'm so sorry you have lost your special girl!! I (we all know) how much that little one meant to you! Small in stature but big in personality and love!
She had an amazing life with you x

Play well at the bridge little one

Big hugs Silver.. Here if you need me

Arraminta x

amie
02-17-2013, 04:47 AM
This grand old lady touched the hearts of all who have read about her I think.

What an exceptionally long lived Winter White Jan was, the oldest Winter White I’ve ever known.

I am thinking of you, Silver. I know the pain of much loved Winter Whites dying. We build up such an incredible relationship with them because they are so special and such a big part of our lives.

You will always have your memories and she will never be forgotten. Thank you for sharing Jan via videos and photos with us all. What a joy to have known this wonderful Winter White via the forum x

cathface
02-17-2013, 05:11 AM
oh I'm so sorry! RIP little thing.

jesselle
02-17-2013, 05:11 AM
Night night Jan.

Sorry Silver - I know how special she was to you x

shiny
02-17-2013, 06:08 AM
So sorry Silver :(, Jan was such a special girl. I hope you are doing ok, it's such a difficult time when you have to say goodbye.

Those photos of Jan are so beautiful, no wonder you lost your heart to her right from first sight.

Sending you all my best wishes & thinking of you, shiny xx

purple_x
02-17-2013, 12:27 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss Silver :(

Play well at the bridge Jan x x x

The Hamster's family
02-17-2013, 01:03 PM
Ohh hun... I cannot put into words how sad I am for you, for your loss... I sooo wish I could help and comfort you... I'm very, very sorry... You two clearly had a special bound... You loved each other and you were both lucky to find each other... May the both of you be blessed... I'm thinking of you...

Sleep tight, special girl... Blow a kiss to your mommy when you are ready...

Annie xx

gellerbing
02-17-2013, 01:26 PM
so very sorry for your loss, she sounded like such a lovely little girl

Lee Van Cleef
02-18-2013, 06:06 AM
I'm sorry for your loss, she was a gorgeous little ham.

souffle
02-18-2013, 06:25 AM
I am so very very sorry Silver. She was a true heartham and her being will never leave you. Keep her safe in your heart forever.
You can see by the number of tributes how much she was also loved here on HC. We will miss her too.
Play well at the bridge Jan x

Jodzie04
02-18-2013, 03:17 PM
I am so sorry to hear you have lost your special girl.
What a great age she lived to and I am in doubt that is because of the unconditional love she had from you

R.I.P Little one x

Silver
02-19-2013, 07:35 AM
Thank You, Everyone Of You

Jan is buried along side Mandy & Joe. She has her own little plaque just the same as the others.

I feel her loss greatly as she was out with me for much of the day. I will never forget how she would look at me when I talked to her & give me a soppy face.

She had unconditional love for me.

I was privileged to have her in my life, I carry her with me always & forever in my heart

Silver xxx