PDA

View Full Version : Syrian 5mths old need a new home - can anyone help?

FemaleBoris
02-07-2013, 01:53 PM
Hello People,

I am here seeking your help. I kept hamsters and rats a few yrs ago, and loved them to bits. Since then I have had dogs and cats added to the family. I really missed having rodents so I (very foolishly - please don't have a go I feel bad enough about it as it is!) bought a hamster a couple of months ago. She was sold to me as a boy so she is called Boris, but she very clearly is NOT a boy!
The problem is the cats will not leave her alone! I thought the novelty would wear off and they would get tired of her, give up and leave her alone.....

I am a fool! They will not leave her alone and as they are house cats they are in the home all the time and she doesn't get a break! I do not have a room not in use that I can keep her safe in away from them, other than my bedroom but due to health problems I am using the bedroom a lot and can't shut all the animals out all the time.

I am worried about what sort of home she will end up in if I advertise her, and therefore am asking if any of you hamster people can help, or point me in the right direction of a good new hamster home?

I'm in West Cornwall. She comes with a big cage and all the accessories, food, etc.

I need to find a home before the cats hurt her!:cry:

Help anyone??

souffle
02-07-2013, 02:10 PM
Hi there - it sounds as if you need a home urgently for your hammy. Can you please fill out the form as detailed here and copy and paste it.
http://www.hamstercentral.com/community/hamster-rescue-adoption-united-kingdom/4372-rules-posting-topic-must-read.html
You could also contact Scritches Rodent rescue and see if they would have a place for her or could advise.
Home - (http://scritches.webs.com/)

FemaleBoris
02-08-2013, 01:37 AM
Thanks Souffle! :)

FemaleBoris
02-08-2013, 01:43 AM
Kind of hamster(s): Syrian (Female)
Hamster age(s): 5 months approx
Reason they were abandoned? To save her from the killer cats!
Any health problems/special needs? None
Any behavioral problems? None

Type of household hamster would best be suited to: A household with no killer cats! If there are children I would prefer that an adult supervises handling.
Link to rescue facility: -
For more information send email to: [email protected]

FemaleBoris
02-13-2013, 09:58 AM
Homed now.