PDA

View Full Version : have you got your may journals yet?

Matty Day
05-15-2008, 03:54 AM
thought id ask for some reson mine hasn not turned up yet :?

souffle
05-15-2008, 04:05 AM
Ours came yesterday. Apparently there has been a problem with Peter & Chris computer so it was late.

Bourne Valley Hams
05-15-2008, 07:42 AM
The secretaries received the journals on Tuesday afternoon.
I was ready for them and posted out mine within the hour so Midland members should have received theirs today. :D

internet_nobody
05-15-2008, 08:15 AM
Hmm, I wonder if "had to leave early to see if my Hamster journal had arrived" is a good reason to leave at 4:15...

Tammy22
05-15-2008, 08:17 AM
Thanks, received mine today!!

Tammy x

Mollz
05-15-2008, 12:53 PM
Ours isn't here yet either. Poor Chris and Pete - they are having so many problems with their computer!!

Spuds Mum
05-15-2008, 02:02 PM
Mine arrived today! Its a good one too - its quite interesting that someone has written an article (following on from a previous one) about his experiences of first showing his chinese hams.

And lots of activities too (thanks Bunsey) :D

Bunsey
05-15-2008, 03:19 PM
yep, mine arrived today. :D

ilovemyhammies
05-15-2008, 03:30 PM
are these the jounals you get one joinning a club?
are they worth getting?

Bourne Valley Hams
05-15-2008, 04:11 PM
are these the jounals you get one joinning a club?
are they worth getting?

Have a look at the website details at the bottom of my post - this links to the Midland Hamster Club.
The journal everyone is talking about is the National Hamster Club Journal which is sent to members of the Southern, Midland and Northern Hamster Clubs. Of course its worth getting!! :D

agatecrystal
05-15-2008, 11:43 PM
Mine came yesterday, they are a bit late this month.

Bourne Valley Hams
05-16-2008, 12:31 AM
Mine came yesterday, they are a bit late this month.

As well as computer problems Pete and Chris have had several weekends of displays to do as well as the NHC AGM last Saturday. Hard to fit in compiling and printing a journal when Pete has a full time job as well. :(

Holly
05-16-2008, 12:38 AM
I couldn't believe it at Burghley - they spent all day on the Hamster Display, then all evening compiling the journal - whilst sleeping in the back of a Volvo for three nights!!!

Where do they get their stamina and can I have some? :shock:

Bunsey
05-16-2008, 02:07 AM
i know! i wish i, at 24, had the energy of those two pensioners :shock:

internet_nobody
05-16-2008, 02:23 AM
i know! i wish i, at 24, had the energy of those two pensioners :shock:

Not pensioners yet, Pete knows the number of days til retirement!

Yaffle
05-17-2008, 08:42 AM
I've just got my May journal but unfortunately my name is wrong in the Brockholes results - it's down as 'Math'?! I really like keeping the results too so am a bit miffed :roll: nevermind.

As a side issue do u think this might affect my harry hamster ponits if my name is wrong? Do u think I should get in touch with someone and check? Or do u think it's just a journal typo?

souffle
05-17-2008, 08:45 AM
I noticed we have not been mentioned as winning the non standard dwarf class either which would definitly affect our points as you get 1 point for that. I would drop an e mail to Peter Logsdail just to clarify the situation Yaffle. :lol:

Yaffle
05-17-2008, 08:49 AM
Brockholes is the best I've done so far in terms of results so I'd hate to miss out on the points so I will email him just to check :wink:

Mollz
05-17-2008, 09:07 AM
Have any Southern members got their journals yet? Just wondered whether the whole lot haven't been sent/haven't arrived yet or if it was just me :wink:

Matty Day
05-17-2008, 09:15 AM
i havent either its making my move to the midland more likely

I_am_plankton
05-17-2008, 10:15 AM
Matty don't be so pedantic. I am sure Wendy is doing her best, and I often receive mine in a timely manner. I am sure they are on the way. It does depend on when she received them also, and then there is putting them into the envelopes.

Please don't slate the timing of the journals as Wendy is a very busy person also.

Mollz
05-17-2008, 10:16 AM
Oh, that's ok then! I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't just me without one (thought I might have been forgotten) :D

Matty Day
05-17-2008, 10:36 AM
Thing is I might be moving to Wales next year anyway. And as I am probably going to a welsh uni I thought I would transfer a year early I am just in a bit of a bad mood just now so ignore me :P

Louby
05-17-2008, 11:04 AM
Dont worry Mollz, I don't have mine yet either! :D

Bunsey
05-17-2008, 12:24 PM
i've never had mine before mid-month. Other midlanders seem to get there's before me and that happens with other post as well. Everything takes a day longer to get to me, including xmas cards and stuff. so weird. I've never really thought it matters which club you're a full member of. i'm full midland, but i go to more northern shows, but i don't see the point in moving.

i got an Andover schedule with my journal which i thought was odd. It's a shame that most of my schedules go in the bin. is there some way i can say don't put them in my journal, or is that too complicated? just thinking of ink :lol:

Bourne Valley Hams
05-17-2008, 04:12 PM
i've never had mine before mid-month. Other midlanders seem to get there's before me and that happens with other post as well. Everything takes a day longer to get to me, including xmas cards and stuff. so weird. I've never really thought it matters which club you're a full member of. i'm full midland, but i go to more northern shows, but i don't see the point in moving.

i got an Andover schedule with my journal which i thought was odd. It's a shame that most of my schedules go in the bin. is there some way i can say don't put them in my journal, or is that too complicated? just thinking of ink :lol:

If you don't want Southern schedules then I won't send you any - just tell me!! :)
It is normal policy for Midland members to get Southern schedules and Southern members to get Midland schedules. Northern members, of course, don't let anyone else have their schedules! :wink:

Bunsey
05-17-2008, 04:42 PM
ah, i see. yes, no southern schedules for me. If i wanted to go one, i can print it off of towyvale.com. I'm just thinking of saving a bit of ink money :wink: most of the midland ones are too far south for me, so the southern ones most certainly are :lol:

Louby
05-27-2008, 03:15 AM
Our Journal has just arrived!

I'm gutted though...were not mentioned in the new members section! :cry:

Bunsey
05-27-2008, 05:56 AM
aw, that's a shame Louby. maybe you will be mentioned next month. :(

In one journal they put a congrats thing in for someone's first BIS... i got my first BIS at the same show and i wasn't mentioned. You feel like a baby complaining, but it is gutting :oops:

agatecrystal
05-27-2008, 06:32 AM

I was mentioned in the new members :)

BVMARK
05-27-2008, 08:21 AM

I was mentioned in the new members :)

This is down to the club secretary to give the editor the correct info on new members. It is also down to the show sec to put the results in for the shows, again not the fault of the editor

Louby
05-27-2008, 08:51 AM
Oh I wouldn't dream of complaining. So much has been going on recently, were lucky to get a journal this month at all!

I was mentioned in the Pets section from Monmouth as Alvin won, so i'm happy to have seen my name in print somewhere! :D

souffle
05-27-2008, 12:12 PM
It depends on when you join too Louby as the copy for the Journal has to be submitted by a certain date so I expect it will be in next month :lol:

Bourne Valley Hams
06-03-2008, 12:57 PM
ah, i see. yes, no southern schedules for me.

Sorry Bunsey - I have just realised that in my eagerness to get the journals in the post within 45 minutes of receiving them today I have shoved a Bath schedule in with your journal. :oops: Sorry - they were just there in a pile next to the journals and I was on autopilot!! :(

Bourne Valley Hams
06-03-2008, 12:59 PM
It depends on when you join too Louby as the copy for the Journal has to be submitted by a certain date so I expect it will be in next month :lol:

You will be pleased to hear that it is Louby! :D I was so worried that it might not be that I put you in for your Midland Associate membership which I don't usually do so you are in two places now! :lol:

Bunsey
06-03-2008, 12:59 PM
don't worry! :lol: it's not like i'll take offense! i was only thinking to save you money printing them. as it happens, i might be going to bath on a little holiday anyway :D

*looks forward to receiving journal on Thurs* :D

Louby
06-03-2008, 01:04 PM

You will be pleased to hear that it is Louby! :D I was so worried that it might not be that I put you in for your Midland Associate membership which I don't usually do so you are in two places now! :lol:

Yippee!!!!!!

Thankyou so much BVH, your a star! :D