PDA

View Full Version : Squeaking in his sleep?

Kiwimommy
01-31-2013, 07:47 PM
Our hamster Mouse (my 3 year old named him) was squeaking in his sleep this evening. Do hamsters dream? I wasn't sure if he was squeaking because he was dreaming or if something was bothering him.

DrKMcK
01-31-2013, 07:54 PM
LOL. Someone else asked the same thing not too long ago. Yes, they dream. So do gerbils. I actually have video of one of my gerbils dreaming. As long as he's eating and drinking as usual and behaving the same, he should be okay. I also had a hammy who was really old and started this constant muttering like an senile old man talking to himself. I have audio tape of it. It was loud enough to wake me. How old is he?

Kiwimommy
01-31-2013, 07:57 PM
I literally JUST noticed that someone else asked and was going back here to say nevermind :P He is 5 weeks old. We just got him 3 days ago from a lovely family who bought 2 pregnant hamsters without knowing. They BOTH delivered Christmas day!
We have a male from one litter and a female from the other. No intentions on breeding them! My mom just fell in love with both babies when she went to get my daughter ONE :P Got a text with "Can you set up two cages?" and knowing the babies would be returned to the pet store if not adopted, how could I say no? <3

DrKMcK
01-31-2013, 08:02 PM
I literally JUST noticed that someone else asked and was going back here to say nevermind :P He is 5 weeks old. We just got him 3 days ago from a lovely family who bought 2 pregnant hamsters without knowing. They BOTH delivered Christmas day!
We have a male from one litter and a female from the other. No intentions on breeding them! My mom just fell in love with both babies when she went to get my daughter ONE :P Got a text with "Can you set up two cages?" and knowing the babies would be returned to the pet store if not adopted, how could I say no? <3

LOL. How nice. I have to learn how to post videos. I can do pictures but not the videos yet. I WILL be posting my gerbil Kyle's dreaming video. It's a pip. And I want to post the audio of little old man Dale chattering to himself.
Lucky little baby hammies and lucky little daughter with two new hamsters. :-D

Kiwimommy
01-31-2013, 08:16 PM
We are all very lucky. They are the sweetest things. One, the girl we named Peanut, is TINY and so wild. She will run and run and run and run in your hands. Mouse is our escape artist. I had to get an all-metal mesh top for his tank and get lid locks to make sure he doesn't run off again since we have a cat. My daughter calls them her babies and her Mouse is also called her "Handsome", which is her version of hamster, but also very fitting! He is a silver grey syrian and Peanut is a sable syrian.