PDA

View Full Version : CoCo's obsessed with being held, but why?

A_Couple_In_Love
01-28-2013, 11:31 AM
As the title says my hammie CoCo is obsessed with being held!

Soon as i put my hand in the cage they run straight to it and then put whatever force they need to get onto my hand then when i try to put them down they just keep turning around the other way or trys pulling its self up my arm lol.

Then when they eventually go back in the cage they just sit there looking at me waiting to be picked up AGAIN. I even tried walking past the cage left and right a few times and they just follow me back and forth getting all excited.

Sometimes ill be given a little nip when i try to put them down, asif there saying nooo dont put me back yet, then they just sit there so quiet.

Is there any reason for this or does CoCo just really like being handled? Rather strange hammie! Ive never seen any of my other hamsters do this. :mad:

The Hamster's family
01-28-2013, 11:45 AM
I have one kinda like that...! Won't play in his cage (got a decent one and many toys but won't touch them), won't use his wheel or Flying Saucer, doesn't really dig, will bar chew when I don't hold him/when I put him back in his cage, will only do monkey bars to get my attention to get taken out of his cage, won't chew on his toys...

I'm quite curious of the answers that you will get !! Will defenitly be following this thread !!

Annie xx

A_Couple_In_Love
01-28-2013, 12:21 PM
That's exactly how mine is! I actually started to get worried today as they wouldnt leave me alone.. :o My OH couldnt stop laughing as it is rather funny, but still i kept thinking OMG this is just unreal!

I really look forward to seeing some replies also. :)

DrKMcK
01-28-2013, 02:42 PM
Lol. Some folks would give anything for hammies like yours! So many people say that their hammy gets scared or bites or runs away. It looks like yours just love coming out to play. I have a metal trap in the drain of my bathtub so no hammy, no matter how little can get through. I set up some toys in there at least once a day for them to play and explore something other than their home. They also get ball time besides crawling on my bed, couch or me. They can get used to a routine and yours seem like the kind that need regular, fairly lengthy time outside the cage. Personally, I think you're lucky! :-D

A_Couple_In_Love
01-28-2013, 02:53 PM
Lol, im suprised coco needs any more time outside of the cage as i have them out for most of the day! It's almsot asthough there addicted to me and the OH, even when we let them run around on the bed they still just want to come and run on us instead, its mad! :D

Some hamsters are just to adorable!!!

A_Couple_In_Love
02-03-2013, 12:02 PM
Any Idea anyone? :)

samincittagazze
02-03-2013, 12:25 PM
My Maggie was very like this when she was younger - if I was in the room, she expected to be out of the cage! I just tried to accommodate her as much as possible, and make her cage big and interesting for when I couldn't be there. She did calm down as she got older. It sounds like your Coco just has a friendly personality!

The Hamster's family
02-03-2013, 04:46 PM
OK ! SO we're lucky !!! YEAH !!! ;)

A_Couple_In_Love
02-06-2013, 07:32 AM
Ooh that's good to know then!! :)

HammieLover95
02-15-2013, 01:10 PM
Man, I wish my hamster would do that!! LOL...
I don't really have an explanation except what you've already said, that she just loves being held. Enjoy her!