PDA

View Full Version : Syrian dietry needs

arikata
01-25-2013, 06:59 AM
I'm getting my Syrian in a week or two but I'm just looking at food at the mooment.

I've got a basic hamster mix (although I've put it down somewhere and can't quite remember where so can't tell you which one!) however I was wondering what else in your opinions should I be feeding him and how often?

I remember with my last Syrian he would get a bit of broccoli now and then. He had one of them corn on the cob things too which he would strip down but never eat. I don't fancy giving corn this time as there is not much in it.

Ta!x

linford27
01-25-2013, 12:11 PM
Hi!

When you get your ham, start off feeding her the same diet she had at the shop/breeders. Slowly change to a better quality mix, say, Harry/Hazel Hamster, or Silvers mix from ratrations. You always want to aim higher than basic hamster mix, as this is just the bare minimum.
As well as a good quality mix, you ham can have safe (check first) fruits and veg, a tiny amount about three times a week. They also enjoy an occasional dog biscuit, budgie seed, kitten food (dry), cereals, porridge and baby food. Always check before feeding something new to your ham, and dont give too many new things at once, as this causes a bad tummy.
Linford
x

arikata
01-25-2013, 02:35 PM
Thank you very much for your reply, it had completely slipped my mind about being on the same food! I'll have to email the breeder to ask what they're on. I'm getting really excited :)