PDA

View Full Version : is there a class limit

Matty Day
05-11-2008, 12:36 PM
at andover ill be entering my first syrian into a show. he can go in 6 classes is that allowed can i enter him in all six?

Spuds Mum
05-11-2008, 12:48 PM
You can enter them in the appropriate main class Matty, then as many 'duplicate' classes as apply...

so say for example you have a long haired cream - then you would enter him in the LH cream class (this is sometimes split for male/female).

If you are a novice - you can enter that duplicate,
If he is young stock (under 16 weeks) that duplicate,
If you want to enter him in grand challenge
some clubs have a 'small hamstery' duplicate I believe etc. etc.

but only only the one appropriate main class.

Does that make sense? :D

Matty Day
05-11-2008, 12:50 PM
yep i knew which classes he could go in thought i would as if he is allowed in the all :x

Bunsey
05-11-2008, 07:25 PM
6? wow that's a lot! what classes are those?

Matty Day
05-11-2008, 11:21 PM
lh cream,novice,youngstock,small hamstery, members points class,grandchallenge, i thought 6 but miscounted 5 still a lot of classes thougth :x

Bunsey
05-12-2008, 12:03 AM
ah, members points class, right. i could think of 4 but couldn't think of another one. i've never entered that.

Mollz Mum
05-12-2008, 01:31 PM
Ok, so can anyone tell us what the member's points class is all about, please?

I_am_plankton
05-12-2008, 10:36 PM
Ok, so can anyone tell us what the member's points class is all about, please?

It adds up throughout the year, and the person with the most points gets free membership next year :)

Bourne Valley Hams
05-13-2008, 01:02 AM
[quote="Mollz' Mum":3jl52ihi]Ok, so can anyone tell us what the member's points class is all about, please?

It adds up throughout the year, and the person with the most points gets free membership next year :)[/quote:3jl52ihi]

Actually that is the Free Membership class with the Midland.
In the Southern you just get a special rosette!

Bunsey
05-13-2008, 06:18 AM
cool, i'd rather have the rosette! :lol: i'd never win it in a million years though, so i've never bothered.

Bourne Valley Hams
05-13-2008, 07:22 AM
cool, i'd rather have the rosette! :lol: i'd never win it in a million years though, so i've never bothered.

I'm pretty sure there are rosettes for at least the first 3 places. Looking at the results in this months journal (which the rest of you can't yet as I only got them this afternoon!!! :lol: ) there were only 4 Syrian, 3 Syrian junior, 7 dwarf and 3 dwarf junior entries so you would stand a very good chance of winning one!

05-13-2008, 07:56 AM
The Syrian competition might be hotting up at Andover as I'm thinking of entering Montezuma (Marteser) and Rumsey (Smarterone) if they're old enough then? How old do hamsters have to be to enter??

Bourne Valley Hams
05-13-2008, 08:28 AM
The Syrian competition might be hotting up at Andover as I'm thinking of entering Montezuma (Marteser) and Rumsey (Smarterone) if they're old enough then? How old do hamsters have to be to enter??

8 weeks so they will be fine!! I can already see that they will be quite big enough by then! :D

Matty Day
05-13-2008, 08:39 AM
teyll be against there brother and cousin :x
good job not in the same classes thougth :x

Bunsey
05-13-2008, 10:31 AM
must be that everyone thinks the same as me! oh i won't win so no point entering! :lol: I really want one of the lovely southern rosettes (without having to peck off glued paper from it :oops: - i'm so nosey )! i'll get to at least one southern show! maybe Bath

05-13-2008, 11:00 AM
teyll be against there brother and cousin :x
good job not in the same classes thougth :x

Maybe it'll be a family clean-up of all the prizes?!! :wink: