PDA

View Full Version : Hamster rubbing against cage and biting everything including me !!

boonersmummy
01-16-2013, 02:05 PM
Tonight, Booner has been acting really strangely. She's been rubbing herself over all of her cage and excessively grooming and scratching. I know this is scent marking and normal but she's doing it excessively. Shes flicking up sawdust and rubbing herself all Over everything. She's not in season because she was two days ago. She is also biting everything. I get her out and handle her as I always have but tonight she is nipping at everything. Duvets, zips, my jumper. When i move her away from my clothing she does that teeth chattering thing that means theyre angry. I also had my hand flat and she walked across it and bit my palm. I moved my hand away then put it back slowly. But she bit me again ? She never normally bites me. What's wrong with her? Am I doing something wrong? She seems healthy and energetic but over skittish and nervous. Why? And any suggestions what I can do to help?
Thank you

kyrilliondaemon
01-16-2013, 03:55 PM
Has she had a cage clean? Or is there anything new in the room? Even a wierd smell or something?

I'm guessing that something has upset her so I'd start by ruling that out (but bear in mind that they can sense stuff we can't - our Scamp was once upset by a storm off the coast that we missed for ages).