PDA

View Full Version : Bears behaviour confuses me

neily
01-16-2013, 01:39 AM
I have been up all night and he has slept all night except for getting up once. He woke up about 8 and went crazy running all around the cage, I mean really fast, then he was rubbing himself off things, he spotted me and stopped and climbed the bars as to say 'let me out' I went over to talk to him and he sat starring at me lol went for a quick run on his wheel, got a drink and went back to sleep. My question is... Why was he running about the cage mad like that? He has never done that before, he is such an odd hamster. I thought hamsters are awake all night, but no, not bear, he sleeps the whole night through :-k

lorrapaw
01-16-2013, 05:04 AM
If im up felix will stay in bed but i know as soon as i go up to bed he'll be out i know this as i caught him one night haha.

neily
01-16-2013, 11:11 AM
LOL so cute! :D

kyrilliondaemon
01-16-2013, 11:13 AM
Yeah... We have a few who surface shortly after we go to bed. Doesn't matter if our bedtime is 11pm or 5am - they'll get up when we sleep lol

neily
01-20-2013, 05:40 AM
Bear has been sleeping all last night (I know because I was awake) I heard him munching on something this morning and he has been active all day! I think he has changed to a day time hamster lol is this possible?

j.j.
01-20-2013, 06:17 AM
I think in a way they are like people how we have days where we are more tired and sometimes not. Some days/nights JJ will be up for hours. In the past month or 2, there were days she would wake up in the afternoon and play through the afternoon, night and into the early morning without a nap. (I only know this because I have been sick and not sleeping well.) After those marathon sessions she will then sleep for a good 24 - 36 hours and not come out for even a sip of water. At first I was worried but I see she just does her own thing – like any young kid she has the stamina for those all nighters!

Sometimes she is up but will remain in her little nest waiting for the light to go off and won’t come out until it is off. I think then she has a secret agenda! I’m still trying to discover what.

Other days she just doesn’t care about time of day or light and will strike her meerkat pose until I come and she will walk to the cage door and wait for me to open it so she can get out. She then either will walk into her ball for ball time or my hands for some cuddle time and of course a treat. Yes she has me trained me well.