PDA

View Full Version : Taming Miss Daisy

vnewman236
05-08-2008, 03:44 PM
Hi again!

Okay. The taming is going well - as I've said in other topics she has stopped screaming and is happy to jump straiht in her ball if I put it to the side of the cage and then on my lap.

She is still quite jumpy and freaks if you try to pick her up, but what really concerns me is that while on my lap (or on the sofa) all she seems to want to do is attack the fabric - luckily I have a big baggy jumper! Is there something I can do to stop this? and to be honest it's making me wary of holding her in my hands in case she does the same (but I guess I'm just going to have to be brave...) I've tames hamsters before but they've never done this. Could it be because she is female? I've only ever had boys before!

ooo! While I think of it as well - when I put her back in the cage she runs around rubbing herself against the sides of the cage! Do you think I smell really bad??!!

Basia
05-09-2008, 01:12 AM
A few of my females have liked fabrics, I think they are trying to gather up nest material. They do eventually seem to grow out of it.
The rubbing sides is scent marking, females seem to do it a lot.

Holly
05-09-2008, 03:10 AM
I don't think she'll do that to your hands - as Basia says it's like a nesting thing and your hands wouldn't be popular as bedding!