PDA

View Full Version : Hamster Magazine?

linford27
01-06-2013, 07:29 AM
Hi,

firstly I would like to say, I have read another thread on here about some HCers starting a hamster magazine. Unfortunately the thread seemed to die and I don't think it actually happened?
I think its such a shame as it was a wonderful idea, and I wouldn't mind kind of re-starting it? If anyone would like to join me in the quest of the hamster magazine?

EDIT:
We still need maybe a designer to do our front cover/ page layouts!
And maybe a hammy health expert to write about diabetes?
And also someone to write an article about choosing a good mix, and what to look for in a good mix.
Please also feel free to write about something else for the magazine!

Linford
x

Char
01-06-2013, 07:31 AM
What a cool idea.

linford27
01-06-2013, 07:45 AM
Would anyone be willing to contribute, or anyone that would read it?

Char
01-06-2013, 07:47 AM
How do u want us to contribute?

linford27
01-06-2013, 08:01 AM
Well, you could send pics I could use, write an article maybe?

Char
01-06-2013, 08:12 AM
I'll have a go. I not got lots of pics as daisy not tame yet

linford27
01-06-2013, 08:18 AM
Do you mean have a go at pics, or go at an aritcle?
If you'd like to write an article, I have a list of things to write about, or you can write about whatever you think will be helpful!

linford27
01-06-2013, 08:28 AM
Hi all,
I have made a little list of people we might need!

*People to write some articles about: (on word plz)
*Cages and cage reviews, what to look for
*How to make bin cages, or make toys or treats
*Hamster health expert, to write about diabetes etc.
*Choosing a hamster mix, what to look for
*People to help make the front cover, back cover, page layouts (on word please)
*People to contribute cute pictures!

It would be good if all stuff can be done on Microsoft Word as then I can easily put them all together into an e-zine on Issuu.

Linford
x

bonkers4hamsters
01-06-2013, 09:32 AM
I would happily contribute but not sure if I would be able to contribute regularly due to having so much school work, I would definately read it though

linford27
01-06-2013, 09:53 AM
I would happily contribute but not sure if I would be able to contribute regularly due to having so much school work, I would definately read it though

That's great! Do you know what you'd like to do? Write, design?

Linford
x

Penn
01-06-2013, 10:14 AM
I just posted in the other thread, but Ill reiterate here! I'd love to get on this also yes yes!

I studied English and Creative Writing at University with a view to becoming an Editor, and while I've worked on other projects before, none of them were credited, so I'd love to help out with this in any way I can. :D

linford27
01-06-2013, 10:15 AM
Hi Penn!

Wow! Would you like to write an article? I did a post on the articles to be written, but you can also write about whatever you want!

Linford
x

HammieandMerlin
01-06-2013, 10:16 AM
I'm in English at school (history too, but that's not too useful here haha), and I'd be up for writing an article or something if you'd like, PM me if you want to

bonkers4hamsters
01-06-2013, 10:30 AM
I would be happy to write a couple of articles, and I am also happy to be PMed!

linford27
01-06-2013, 10:33 AM
Ok, messaged you both!
Still looking for more designers/writers if anyone feels like it!

Char
01-06-2013, 10:35 AM
Can I email you some pics, videos. Send me a inbox message with email

linford27
01-06-2013, 10:52 AM
Ok Char have sent you my email!
We have
*HammieandMerlin doing aquarium cages, and Mowgli's story
*Bonkers4Hamsters is doing a hamster How-to
*Char is sending me some pics
This is fab! Thank you everyone!

We still need maybe a designer to do our front cover/ page layouts!
And maybe a hammy health expert to write about diabetes?
And also someone to write an article about choosing a good mix, and what to look for in a good mix.

Thanks all!
Linford
x

Char
01-06-2013, 11:38 AM
Sent you a email. Sorry had to send pics one at a time, using iPad and think I can only do it like that.

linford27
01-06-2013, 12:16 PM
They are nice pics! I will most likely use them in one of the articles.
I am still searching for a nice pic for the front cover, a clear one with the hamster maybe against a one colour background? I know it is a lot to ask for!! If anyone has any suitable pics they would like to offer I would appreciate it a lot!
Linford
x

HorseyMandz
01-06-2013, 12:17 PM
I wouldn't mind writing an article :) Just message me a good topic to do it on (something like cages, taming, barchewing, hamster shows, e.c.t)

linford27
01-06-2013, 12:24 PM
I have sent you a PM

anyone who can offer anything else is welcome!

Linford
x

Char
01-06-2013, 12:51 PM
I'll help anyway I can. It would be easier to take photos if she was tame.

Penn
01-06-2013, 01:02 PM
I would love to do an article for you Linford! I would love to do an article for you.

I wouldn't feel confident enough just yet writing an article on things like specific food mixes without help, would a beginners guide to Hamsters suit you? =3 If not, throw suggestions at me. xD

Also, do you have a word count in mind?

Char
01-06-2013, 01:07 PM
Penn are you new to owning a hamster, too.
When did you get your hamster?

linford27
01-06-2013, 01:08 PM
Hi Penn,

I was thikning of having a section in the mag with just general ham updates, called
The Hamster Diaries
with pics of hams activities and captions, so if you would like, you could record a day (night?) in the life of your ham, with pics and captions?

Linford
x

Penn
01-06-2013, 01:08 PM
Penn are you new to owning a hamster, too.
When did you get your hamster?

I am! Sort of. I had a 3 Dwarfies between when I was 10 and 16. I got my last Dwarf when I was 18, who passed away in 2010 and I recently got my first Syrian; Timi, who I got in October. It's been a huge learning curve to say the least. xD

Penn
01-06-2013, 01:11 PM
Hi Penn,

I was thikning of having a section in the mag with just general ham updates, called
The Hamster Diaries
with pics of hams activities and captions, so if you would like, you could record a day (night?) in the life of your ham, with pics and captions?

Linford
x

Oh my gosh, yes that sounds adorable. I'd love to do that for you. (I'm sure Timi wouldn't mind either.) He's very photogenic. :cool: I can probably do this tomorrow if that's alright? ^^

linford27
01-06-2013, 01:13 PM
Oh my gosh, yes that sounds adorable. I'd love to do that for you. (I'm sure Timi wouldn't mind either.) He's very photogenic. :cool: I can probably do this tomorrow if that's alright? ^^

Thats fine! There's no rush, as I expect the first issue won't be ready for ages, since I cannot seem to get anyone in to help with the cover and page layouts!
I might try make them myself, but they will be terrible! I'm hoping or a saviour!
Anyway, take your time, write as much or as little as you would like, and one or two pages is fine!

PM me if you need anything!
Thank you!
Linford
x

leedsgurl
01-06-2013, 01:48 PM
It's a shame this didn't get off the ground before, as there seemed to be a lot of people wanting to contribute to it.

I'd love to be involved if I can help at all, maybe helping to design the front cover, I have a good picture in mind of my Poppy :) I don't mind you using the cage comparison graphs I've done as well in the cage reviews section.

For the content, maybe you could use information that's already available on HC? like the stickied threads- it would be good to have all the info together in one place.

Penn
01-06-2013, 02:10 PM
I could assist with the page layouts. I'm not brilliant at it, but here's hoping my creative editorial flare will help. xD I'd also be willing to help you with the editing process at the end Linford. ^^

leedsgurl
01-06-2013, 03:40 PM
Here is a quick mock up I've done for a front cover. This is my favourite picture of Poppy :)

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii319/leedsgurl_photos/HamsterCentral/frontcover_mockup.jpg

Knotty
01-06-2013, 04:27 PM
I would love to do an article/section on different suitable cages for different types of hamster. Seeing as we have ww, chinese and syrian I could cover a variety of species and their different cage/wheels/housing requirements?? Pm me :)

linford27
01-06-2013, 11:31 PM
I have been asleep while all this was going on lol!

Anyway, wow, leedsgurl, that is just perfect! Feel very welcome to do ours for us!
And poppy is just the best! Is it ok to post a confirmed list of topics that will be in the first issue (once I have them all sorted )so then you know what to do on the cover?

Knotty will send you a PM, Penn have sent you a PM.

Its all coming together! Yay!
Thank you everyone, I didn't expect this level of generosity!
Linford
x

SoapyVP
01-07-2013, 02:20 AM
Wow. This is all very positive stuff. I'll read it for sure. I won't offer to contribute at the moment as I'm a bit tied up with other projects and don't know enough about hammies yet. However, I'll be happy to contribute to a (not to distant) future edition.

Looking forward to seeing the mag. :-)

leedsgurl
01-07-2013, 02:22 AM
Anyway, wow, leedsgurl, that is just perfect! Feel very welcome to do ours for us!
And poppy is just the best! Is it ok to post a confirmed list of topics that will be in the first issue (once I have them all sorted )so then you know what to do on the cover?

Thank you :) yes that's fine :)

Ice.creame
01-07-2013, 02:46 AM
I would like to contribute in this wonderful idea.. that is if you would let me?

Ice.creame
01-07-2013, 02:48 AM
i could help on the page layout and cover .. :)

linford27
01-07-2013, 08:24 AM
Hi IceCreame,
I think Leedsgurl is doing the cover, also Penn is having a go at page layouts. However, you can also have a go at page layouts, if you wish! Otherwise, I am doing an article called 'The Hamster Diaries' so if you want you could make a mini diary of your hamster for one day or night to go in the magazine, with pics!
I will post the confirmed first issue articles soon!
Linford
x

linford27
01-07-2013, 08:44 AM
Hi all!
Firslty, thank you everybody for making this work! I cannot believe so many people are offering their wonderful services to help! They can of course have their names by their article, and on the 'Staff page' (if that is ok?).

Ok, so the following list is confirmed topics that will be in issue one:

*The Hamster Diaries -showing what hams have been up to, with pics! (volunteers still wanted, if you are willing to do a mini diary for your ham for one day/night)

*All About Aquarium and Tank Habitats, by HammieandMerlin

*Hamster How To - Homemade *toys or treats, not confirmed* by Bonkers4Hamsters

*Ask the expert - hamster questions

*Mowgli's story, by HammieandMerlin

*All about Pet Class, by HorseyMandz

*Hamster nutrition guide, by Knotty

So, all is going well! If you would like to contribute an article, there is still time!
The following is to be completed:

*Get someone working on page layouts
*Get front cover in progress (absolutley no rush, Leedsgurl. Would you like me to see if I can get a little shot of Mowgli for the cover?)
*Get pics for articles, so if you have any related pics, PM me please!
*Get questions for the 'Ask the Expert' page. Just post a question here and it will be answered in the magazine!

Thanks all!
Linford
x

Hammielover
01-07-2013, 10:08 AM
I would love to help ! Maybe not for this issue though because of school work . I am getting a new camera so you can use some pictures of mine if you wanted .

leedsgurl
01-07-2013, 10:51 AM
Would you like me to see if I can get a little shot of Mowgli for the cover?

Yeah if you'd like :)

I've updated the cover with the confirmed articles so far. Remember it's still a work in progress :) Also I've just called it 'The Hamster Mag' for now, but we can change it if you'd like.

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii319/leedsgurl_photos/HamsterCentral/frontcover_jan13_v1.jpg

linford27
01-07-2013, 11:33 AM
Sending you a PM leedsgurl
Linford
x

Char
01-07-2013, 12:02 PM
That is looking good

linford27
01-07-2013, 12:04 PM
So now the cover is basically sorted (tweaks can be made), we just have a few things to sort,
*Get more possible volunteers for the Hamster Diaries, so if your hammy feels like posing for some captioned shots, PM me!
*Get someone working on page layouts (possibly Penn or IceCreame)
*Get questions for the 'Ask the Expert' page. Just post a question here and it will be answered in the magazine!

I'm so excited about the first issue! I wonder how the best way is to get it out there?
Linford
x

Ice.creame
01-07-2013, 06:24 PM
Hi IceCreame,
I think Leedsgurl is doing the cover, also Penn is having a go at page layouts. However, you can also have a go at page layouts, if you wish! Otherwise, I am doing an article called 'The Hamster Diaries' so if you want you could make a mini diary of your hamster for one day or night to go in the magazine, with pics!
I will post the confirmed first issue articles soon!
Linford
x

but im not sure if i could help regularly because i have shool

linford27
01-08-2013, 10:27 AM
Hi all!

The first article is complete! Thank you HorseyMandz!

We are also going to try and put a little page/promotion in the magazine about sparrowarms 's homemade hamster hammocks and pouches! I hope that is ok with everyone?

Ice.Creame is also going to try and get some page layouts done for us!
Thanks ice.creame!

How are all the articles going? If you don't already have my email, PM me and I will send it to you, so you can email me the article!

Penn, I sent you a PM.
CharlieB, have sent you a PM.
Linford
x

CharlieB
01-08-2013, 12:16 PM
Hey I would love to help out :) not sure what I could help with though :S But I will give it a go :D

HorseyMandz
01-08-2013, 02:01 PM
Someone could do an article comparing two species to look after... maybe CharlieB could do Campbell vs Syrian? :)

GhostsInSnow
01-08-2013, 02:58 PM
Are there going to be other issues after this one?
I'd love to help out but have an exam to revise for at the moment so wouldn't want to promise something for this issue

POLAR WHITES
01-08-2013, 04:19 PM
R u just aiming at adults or is there any childs page ? maybe I could help with a childs page

linford27
01-09-2013, 12:00 AM
I do plan to do future issues, but I am not sure how often. Don't feel anybody has to commit to it -its only if they can help out, so no worries if you are busy for one issue.
I am not sure about a childs page, as I am not sure if many children will read it? Polar - what do you think should be on the childs page?
Hope everyone is keeping well!
Linford
x

Dandelion07
01-09-2013, 12:12 AM
Wow guys you are doing a great job! It looks great :-) well done Linford for sorting it all out!

Moonflower
01-09-2013, 11:40 AM
Really looking forward to this magazine. :)

linford27
01-09-2013, 12:19 PM
Hi everyone!

So, HorseyMandz has very kindly offered to write us another article! And I must say, she is a great writer, and is very creative! She has done us a fab pet class article!
Things are going well, we just have a few things to do,
*Get more possible volunteers for the Hamster Diaries, so if your hammy feels like posing for some captioned shots, PM me!
*Get questions for the 'Ask the Expert' page. Just post a question here and it will be answered in the magazine! If we don't get any questions, we can just make some up to get the ball rolling!

Ice.creame and Penn are kindly doing some page layouts for us, and leedsgurl is providing the wonderful cover (but some things have changed and will continue to so we won't get the final version until the release!)
Dandelion07 has also very kindly offered to help with legal ramifications (such as making sure we say we are not researches or vets, just hamster enthusiasts, or claiming something without it being proven).
All the articles are also going well!
Linford
x

GhostsInSnow
01-09-2013, 01:07 PM
What is the hamster diaries thing about? Is it photos with a caption or do people come up with a caption or is it something else?

POLAR WHITES
01-09-2013, 01:12 PM
I thought for children maybe cool facts, colour in of a hamster, word search that kind of thing,

linford27
01-09-2013, 01:20 PM
What is the hamster diaries thing about? Is it photos with a caption or do people come up with a caption or is it something else?
The Hamster Diaries is basically a day/night in the life of a ham in pics! It has pics of what they did with captions, so really its just about the cute antics our hams got up to. You can volunteer your ham if you are willing to make a mini diary in pics!

I thought for children maybe cool facts, colour in of a hamster, word search that kind of thing,

Hi again
it is an e-zine, so unless someone printed it it couldnt be coloured or filled in. You could design a quiz for kids/adults if you wanted? PM me if you are interested!

Linford
x

AnimalMadCait
01-09-2013, 01:37 PM
i'd be more than willing to contribute with articles and im a qualified proofreader =) x

GhostsInSnow
01-09-2013, 01:43 PM
I will try and get some pictures of Fudge doing hammie things. If I manage to (she's the worlds speediest ham sometimes) I'll volunteer her :)

POLAR WHITES
01-09-2013, 01:45 PM
when would you need the quiz into you by

linford27
01-10-2013, 12:14 AM
i'd be more than willing to contribute with articles and im a qualified proofreader =) x
Sent you a PM!

I will try and get some pictures of Fudge doing hammie things. If I manage to (she's the worlds speediest ham sometimes) I'll volunteer her :)

Thats great! PM me if you get anything, so I can give you my email!

when would you need the quiz into you by

Also sent you a PM!
Linford
x

HorseyMandz
01-10-2013, 11:09 AM
Can you give us a deadline for articles and stuff to be in the first issue? Oh, and you should start a thread in hamster chat with a link to the magazine when you actually make it! :)

linford27
01-10-2013, 11:10 AM
Can you give us a deadline for articles and stuff to be in the first issue? Oh, and you should start a thread in hamster chat with a link to the magazine when you actually make it! :)

I will definitely do both! I have been a bit iffy on giving a deadline as I didn't want to rush anybody. However I will PM all affected with a deadline, but I don't want anybody to feel pressured!
Linford
x

Ice.creame
01-11-2013, 01:09 AM
Bad news everyone .! my sister returned her boyfriends laptop last week and our computer is still broken , so i can't use any computers now and i dont know when our computer will be fixed..

i'm so sorry but i guess i cant help making page layouts in this issue of the magazine :(

I'm so sorry... :(

Susie
01-11-2013, 04:20 AM
Sounds fantastic! Would it be worth at some point doing an article on wet-tail?

linford27
01-11-2013, 09:50 AM
That's ok Ice.Creame! Don't feel bad!

Susie that is a fab idea, must admit I didn't think about that!
Is anyone else interested in trying out page layouts?
Penn is also going to have a go, but thought it might be a good idea to have two in case one doesn't work out,
also if anyone thinks they might be able to help with articles, they are still welcome, as articles don't need to be finished until sat 19th. PM me if you are interested, I can give you suggestions!
Linford
x

Susie
01-11-2013, 12:25 PM
I'd be happy to put forward a bit about wet-tail if you would like it... i know a fair bit about it as my Maple was a sufferer but she recovered from it. :)

linford27
01-13-2013, 06:08 AM
Hi all!
I hope all the articles are going well, and the page layouts!

The mag is now scheduled to come out on the 31st Jan, and just to remind everyone that articles are due in Sat 19th Jan!

Pics and contributions still welcome!
Linford
x

Char
01-13-2013, 06:46 AM
Did you use a pic of daisy? Sorry I weren't much help I'm new to all this.

Sandti
01-13-2013, 06:51 AM
You should also consider doing articles like caring for a hamster that is terminally ill and how to help them pass on the the bridge comfortably x

linford27
01-13-2013, 08:30 AM
Sandti - that is a good idea, I will add that to my list for future articles (or this one, if anyone feels like writing it?)

Char - I do not know yet, as I will see if they match up to any articles. She is a nice ham though, perhaps when she is tame you could send me some more?

Linford
x

GhostsInSnow
01-13-2013, 08:34 AM
Another good idea for an article would e pet shop hams Vs Breeder hams and the pros/cons for them?
Don't know if it's been mentioned before so thought I'd put it out there. I don't mind doing it for a future issue or someone else can if they want

Char
01-13-2013, 09:24 AM
I hope she will be tame soon. She nicknamed crazy daisy now. She is lovely.

Char
01-13-2013, 09:25 AM
When the mag is finished, how do we get one.

linford27
01-13-2013, 10:18 AM
When the mag is released, I will post a link on this thread, and make another thread all about it, with a link. So, as long as you keep checking, you won't miss it!
Linford
x

Ice.creame
01-13-2013, 05:11 PM
I think you should also include some good vets that we can find in different countries , ( it's so hard to find vet here in the Philippines :( )

linford27
01-13-2013, 11:50 PM
I'm not rly sure how we'd do that, as there are so many different countries that members are from!
Linford
x

Penn
01-14-2013, 09:05 AM
Hello folks!

Slowly working on my entry for The Hamster Diaries! (I apologise for vanishing a lot; I've been really ill lately D:)

I have a few choice little antics of Timi's that I can pop in. Now I'm just wondering how many images to include. x3

linford27
01-14-2013, 09:47 AM
Hi all!

Penn is going to make a start on some page layouts, so would anyone like to make a suggestion/ have a say in how it looks? We currently have no plans/criteria, so what anyone thinks might fit with the cover is welcome!
Please PM me if you would like a say on this!
Linford
x

Lougarry
01-14-2013, 12:15 PM
A while ago, StarlightSerenity, NotSoLittleOlive and I started work on bringing together Stickies and writing sections for a revamped Wiki, but the moderating team felt it would be too tricky to keep updated. However, if you PM me your email address I'd be very happy to send the work in progress to you.

linford27
01-16-2013, 09:44 AM
Hi everyone!

Just an update on the magazine, so far, we have these articles planned/in progress:

*The hamster diaries
*Aquariums - HammieAndMerlin.
*Ask the expert
*Mowgli's story - HammieAndMerlin.
*Bar chewing - HorseyMandz.
*Pet class - HorseyMandz.
*nutrition - Knotty
*Wet tail - Susie
*Quiz - POLARWHITES
* Hamster how-to - Bonkers4Hamsters

Does anyone feel this might be enough, or we could do with more?
The mag is scheduled for the 31st, so I should recieve articles on the 19th, get those edited, and get them fitted with page layouts.
If anyone has any related pics we might be able to use, PM me!
Linford
x

Knotty
01-16-2013, 10:04 AM
Show photos!

http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/s394/Lbuggycupcake/Hamstershowone_zps22df8784.jpg

http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/s394/Lbuggycupcake/Hamstershowtwo_zps41696559.jpg

http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/s394/Lbuggycupcake/Hamstershowthree_zpsaa7d1fa2.jpg

http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/s394/Lbuggycupcake/Hamstershowfour_zps712f0ec8.jpg

linford27
01-16-2013, 10:31 AM
lol at everyones faces blurred out! Will see if we can use some with the show article!
Thanks!
Linford
x

Knotty
01-16-2013, 10:33 AM
We used them on our YouTube channel so wanted to make sure they were blurred as there were a lot of children!!
:)

HorseyMandz
01-16-2013, 10:39 AM
You get to see the back of my head in two of the photos, that's hilarious! :mad:

AnimalMadCait
01-17-2013, 02:40 AM
sounds good - all the article ideas so far. im nearly done editing the wet tail article. a very scientific read! ill be adding my own article soon. I decided id like to do a monthly bit called Pumpkin's World if thats ok =) her talking about her life and random hammy issues from her own diva-ish perspective! the first article is going to be about the importance of appropriate size cages for Syrians x

Ice.creame
01-17-2013, 02:50 AM
i hope i can get a copy of the mag! its really intresting :)

linford27
01-17-2013, 08:34 AM
sounds good - all the article ideas so far. im nearly done editing the wet tail article. a very scientific read! ill be adding my own article soon. I decided id like to do a monthly bit called Pumpkin's World if thats ok =) her talking about her life and random hammy issues from her own diva-ish perspective! the first article is going to be about the importance of appropriate size cages for Syrians x

Cait that all sounds great! Just email them to me when done?
Thanks!
Linford
x

AnimalMadCait
01-17-2013, 08:46 AM
will do! going to start it today =) x

linford27
01-18-2013, 03:51 AM
Hi everyone!

I hope everything is going well! The articles should be in tomorrow, which is Saturday the 19th. Please email them to me, if you don't have my email, PM me and I will send it to you.
If you are not going to be able to get the article in tomorrow, please PM me to let me know.

Meanwhile, I will be getting started on a little website for the magazine.

Thanks all!
Linford
x

Ice.creame
01-18-2013, 04:26 AM
i hope the mag will be released soon .. but i'm wondering how can i get one?

woah.! a website , post it when its done .. :mad:

linford27
01-18-2013, 05:02 AM
Hi again!

This is a basic outline if the website: The Hamster Mag (http://thehamstermag.webs.com/)

It is looking a little bare and empty, so if you want to contribute some pics of your ham to brighten it up, PM or email me!

Suggestions for the website are welcome, as I am not great at making websites!

Just to re-iterate for the new page - articles due tomorow, PM me or email me them, if you can't get it in tomorow please let me know!

Linford
x

Susie
01-18-2013, 05:22 AM
I just want to say loving the website.. it looks great already. Can't wait to see it in full swing. I've lots of lovely ham-photos i could email you if you'd like them?

Ice.creame
01-18-2013, 08:58 AM
wow i love the page..! its great.! :mad:

strawberrysmom
01-18-2013, 10:51 AM
I want to subscribe for it! This is exciting!

linford27
01-18-2013, 01:08 PM
i hope the mag will be released soon .. but i'm wondering how can i get one?

woah.! a website , post it when its done .. :mad:

I want to subscribe for it! This is exciting!

Hi guys, once its released, It will be on the website, and I will start another thread saying that issue one is out, with a link, so if you keep checking you won't miss it!
There is no subscribing system at the moment, as I'm not too sure how this would work out?

Linford
x

Knotty
01-18-2013, 01:18 PM
Hiya

I am nearly done on my article, haven't put the table yet but will do tomorrow. What time does it have to be in by? Only I'll probably finish it in the day.

linford27
01-18-2013, 01:22 PM
Hiya

I am nearly done on my article, haven't put the table yet but will do tomorrow. What time does it have to be in by? Only I'll probably finish it in the day.
Say, saturday lunchtime? I don't know what timezone you are in? But as long as its saturday sometime!
Linford
x

Knotty
01-18-2013, 01:23 PM
I'm in the uk.

I hope you don't mind if it's slightly after that, as going to the gym in the morning.

thanks x

linford27
01-18-2013, 01:25 PM
I'm in the uk.

I hope you don't mind if it's slightly after that, as going to the gym in the morning.

thanks x

sure, thats fine!
Linford
x

Knotty
01-18-2013, 01:43 PM
Could you PM me your e-mail so can send the article so far? I want to make sure it's along the right lines before I carry on as there's so much to include:)

Also what format do you want it in? It's currently in .doc?

linford27
01-19-2013, 01:51 PM
Hi all!

articles are due in today, please PM or email me!

On another note, once the first issue is released, this thread will be closed, and I will arrange another place we can talk about arrangements! (Not on HC).

A reminder - please do not chat, this thread is for the purpose of magazine organisation!

Thanks!
Linford
x

linford27
01-20-2013, 08:18 AM
Hi everybody!

We are currently putting together the list of contributors, this is what I have so far:

*Knotty
*HammieandMerlin
*HorseyMandz
*Susie
*bonkers4Hamsters
*POLARWHITES (not confirmed - article not yet sent to me)
*Penn
*leedsgurl
*Linford
*Char
*GhostsInSnow
*strawberrysmom
*sparrowarms
*AnimalMadCait

If I have missed you off, I am SOO sorry, just let me know and I'll add you!
Its in no particular order. PLease let me know if you prefer another name in the mag.

Also, please take a look at the forum section on the website - it is where we will have to organise stuff after the first issue.

Linford
x

bonkers4hamsters
01-20-2013, 09:15 AM
Hey would it be possible to change my name from Bonkers4Hamsters to bonkers4hamsters, as that is my proper username :) Thanks!

Penn
01-20-2013, 06:10 PM
Don't worry bonkers! I'll make sure that your username is included in lowercase. =3

linford27
01-20-2013, 11:37 PM
Hi guys!

If anyone feels like proofreading an article or two, let me know!
(Penn, I know you said you'd be editor too, I don't want to give you too many thins to do tho!?)

Thanks!

Linford
x

linford27
01-26-2013, 05:27 AM
Just want to let everyone know, this hasn't died!

All articles are in, except one outstanding, and have been proofread. Penn and Happy Hamster are going to get to work on page layouts. A sample page layout of the contents page will be available soon!

However we may not be able to make the 31st, depending on progress.

If anyone feels like being proofreader for next issue, visit the website forums or PM/email me!

Linford
x

DrKMcK
01-26-2013, 06:32 PM
What a delightful idea! I just saw the website and it look really nice.

linford27
01-28-2013, 10:49 AM
Hi!

A sample, the introducing page, where we list everybody!

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff461/27linford/introducingIMAGE_zps05409002.png

Meanwhile, we need article writers etc. for the next issue, as well as a proofreader!

Please remember, that after issue 1 is released, this thread will be closed and arrangements will be done via the website and email.

Linford
x
PS plz note this page is not complete

HorseyMandz
01-29-2013, 09:08 AM
I can do some page layouts for you as well as article writing if you want :) How's progress going? Are we still on track for 2 days away?
Oh, and if you need any help at ALL let me know!
I reckon we can try and do this monthly untul we run out of article ideas!

misslilly1991
01-29-2013, 09:12 AM
I'll have a go at writing an article. I don't know what I'll write about though. And I've got some nice pics of sootie

HollyHamster
01-30-2013, 03:11 PM
Hello. I love to proof read. I don't know how much I can devote to the project though.

linford27
01-31-2013, 12:11 AM
Hi everyone,

unfortunately we aren't able to make today's release date.

The First issue of The Hamster Mag has been postponed to the 2nd of February.
Meanwhile, if you can help out with articles etc. for Issue two, please let me know!

Linford
x

Knotty
01-31-2013, 06:03 AM
We'll be able to help!

linford27
02-02-2013, 12:17 PM
Have sent you all PM's!

We also really need some more article writers for issue two, so have a look at the webiste or PM/email me!

HorseyMandz
02-04-2013, 09:42 AM
When's it coming out? :)

HammieandMerlin
02-04-2013, 09:59 AM
I'll work on a new article : ) I'll email you when I have a few topic ideas :)

linford27
02-04-2013, 11:23 AM
Hi you two,

Hammieandmerlin that's great, thanks!
Horseymandz - we were having a few delays, it may not be until the end of this month now. I have sent you a PM!

Linford
X

Char
02-04-2013, 12:17 PM
Can't wait for it to be out.

Penn
02-04-2013, 09:51 PM
Just a brief update folks!

We've all been working really hard on the Mag and tonight I've sent Linford the final pass at page layouts! Linford is the designated Editor in Chief/head honcho, so with any luck we will be releasing the magazine tomorrow! :D

Also I feel I should say a biiig thank you to everyone who contributed, really, it was a pleasure and an honour to see all the things you'd done for us. All the articles and pictures are just amazing! ^_^

linford27
02-05-2013, 09:43 AM
Issue one is released!!

Please see thread in Marketplace section, or view website!

This thread will be closed shortly, please get in touch via website from now on!

Thanks you everybody! Enjoy!

Linford and the team
x

Call me Alison
02-05-2013, 10:27 AM
just had a quick flick through and it looks brilliant!!!

i'll have a read tonight when my daughter is in bed.

well done to everyone who contributed!! xxx

HorseyMandz
02-05-2013, 10:33 AM
Wow it's amazing and looks so proffessional :) I'm totally helping out again next time, PM me a topic and I'll write about it!

HammieandMerlin
02-05-2013, 10:35 AM
LOVE IT, so glad I could be a part of this!

leedsgurl
02-05-2013, 10:45 AM
Haven't had a full read through yet but it's looking fantastic :) Really love being a part of it and great to see my front cover design with all the content with it. Lovely to see some of my pictures in there too :D

HorseyMandz
02-05-2013, 10:45 AM
Loving the toy ideas, know what Minnie will be getting tonight/tommorow! :)

Ice.creame
02-06-2013, 08:39 AM
the mag is great..! i just read the whole mag. and it is brilliant .. i love Mowgli's story it really touched my heart.. and the How to: make toilet roll toys.. I'm definitely going to make some of the toys ..!

anyway, good job everyone ... i hope i could help on the next issue .. ;)

Char
02-06-2013, 12:23 PM
Thank you for using the pic of Daisy (I'm a proud mum)
Great mag.

Knotty
02-06-2013, 01:07 PM
it's fantastic!!

linford27
02-07-2013, 12:21 AM
Thanks guys!
If anyone wants to contribute to the next issue, let me know!
Linford
x