PDA

View Full Version : Clicking

pinkneon
12-28-2012, 04:32 AM
Duck has started clicking. It's kind of like when we are cold and our teeth chatter, only he does it each time I say hello to him. We also seem to be going backwards in terms of taming. I am a little upset by this as Belle was happy to come out and be held by day 2 after coming home, and Duck has been here for 11 days now and he still won't let me hold him. I usually hold him long enough to get him in/out of his cage for playtime but that's it, and even then he's jumpy. But yesterday he wouldn't let me hold him at all, or this morning - he's been awake all morning bless him!

kyrilliondaemon
12-28-2012, 04:54 AM
Fwirl is quite vocal and while she has a little repertoire of squeaks (usually complaining at us) she's also clicked before. She usually clicks when she's curious though.

Some clicking can be aggressive though, and its a very different click to the curious clicking we often hear.

Just be patient with him - sometimes it does feel like you're taking a step forwards then three steps back, but you'll get there in the end.

NotsoLittleOlive
12-28-2012, 06:55 AM
Clicking is usually annoyance. Take note of when he's doing it and you'll probably find out there's something he doesn't like
There is a quieter click that 'thrums' a little bit like a cats purr which seems to be a curious/excited noise.

njwilde
12-28-2012, 04:16 PM
From the sounds of his behaviour connected with teh clicking it sounds like he's annoyed and is warning you. But don't give up, some humans are grumpier than others and my Stephen Patrick, bless him, was a very annoyed fella all his life.

If it feels you re going backwards don't be frustrated, he will come round again. I ve had Poppy for 7 months now and although she is getting better in general she sometimes has days as if we ve never met before. Just give him time and patience, he may feel your frustration with him and that won't help either. I am sure it will all turn out well with time:D