PDA

View Full Version : Andover Show - 14th June

souffle
05-06-2008, 11:29 AM
THE SOUTHERN HAMSTER CLUB
Present an Open Show on
Saturday 14th June 2008 atThe Phoenix Centre, Andover, Hampshire. SP10 1EG
Send entries with money. TO ARRIVE NO LATER THAN 9pm Thursday 12th June 2008.
To:-Mrs Sue Carter. 24 Shepherds Rise, Vernham Dean, Andover, Hants. SP11 0HD. Tel 01264 737414
Please make cheques/postal orders payable to Mrs S Carter Please enclose a SAE for return of pen-labels.
PLEASE READ YOUR SCHEDULE CAREFULLY AS SOME CLASSES/CLASS NUMBERS HAVE CHANGED FOR 2008.
NO HAMSTER to be removed before end of Show (except Pets) without Show Secretary’s permission.
All Hamsters to be benched by 10.00 am. Judging commences 10:30 am
************************************************** ************************************************** *********************************
SYRIAN SECTION (to NHC STANDARDS)
ANY 2 classes of 7 or less may be amalgamated at Show Secretary’s discretion.
Judge: Michelle Newbury Book Steward: TBA Pen Steward: TBA
SHORT HAIR CLASSES
1. GOLDEN
2. CREAM
3. PATTERNED (Banded, Tort, Dom Spot etc)
4. AOC MALE
5. AOC FEMALE
6. SATIN
LONG HAIR CLASSES
7. CREAM
8. SELF (Black, White, Sable etc)(excluding Cream)
9. PATTERNED (as Class 3)
10. AOC MALE
11. AOC FEMALE
12. SATIN
13. Rex. To include satin, patterned, short & long hair
DUPLICATE CLASSES All Hamsters to be entered into one of the above classes before duplicating
14. Junior (all Juniors to be under 16 yrs)
15. Novice (owner not to have won more than 2 x 1st at any SHC shows in classes of 7 or more)
16. Small Hamstery (owners of 12 or less Syrian Hamsters)
17. Young Stock (ALL STOCK TO BE AGED BETWEEN 8-16 WEEKS) please put date of birth on entry form
18. Breeder (exhibitor to have bred Hamster)
19. Members Points Class (points go to annual award)
20. Grand Challenge
SPECIAL CLASS.
21. NON-STANDARD (Long & Short Hair) (HAMSTER CAN ONLY BE ENTERED INTO THIS CLASS)
************************************************** ************************************************** *********************************
PETS (JUDGED ON TAMENESS & CONDTION) (Judged at 2.00pm) Pets can be exhibited in their own cage, or a suitable secure travelling box.
Pets can be entered either in advance or on the day. 75p per entry.
P1 Syrian Hamsters P2 Dwarf Hamsters P3 Rabbits & Rodents (to include Guinea Pigs, Rats, Gerbils, Mice etc)
DWARF/GOSH SECTION (to NHC STANDARDS)
ANY 2/3 classes of 7 or less may be amalgamated at Show Secretary’s discretion
Judge: Wendy Barry Book Steward: TBA Pen Steward: TBA
D1. NORMAL CAMPBELL D5. DOM SPOT CHINESE
D2. ALBINO CAMPBELL D6. NORMAL WINTER WHITE
D3. ARGENTE CAMPBELL D7. PEARL WINTER WHITE
D4. NORMAL CHINESE D8. SAPPHIRE WINTER WHITE
DUPLICATE CLASSES. All Hamsters to be entered into one of the above classes before duplicating
D9. JUNIOR (all classes-criteria as for Syrians) D12. MEMBERS POINTS CLASS (points go to annual award)
D10. NOVICE D13. GRAND CHALLENGE
D11. BREEDER
SPECIAL CLASS
D14. NON-STANDARD
ENTRY FEES
Main Class (classes 1 to 13, 21 & D1 to D8, D14) 25p per entry. Duplicate Classes (14 to 20 & D9 to D13) 5p per entry. PET Classes 75p per entry.
SHOWPENS Very limited number for hire 50p each, MUST BE ORDERED IN ADVANCE WITH YOUR ENTRY. Please put number
required on entry sheet stating whether Syrian or Dwarf. No more than 2 Dwarf Hamsters per show pen. Borrower to supply shavings for short hair
Syrians & Dwarfs or wood based cat litter for long hair Syrians. Please remove contents and label before returning at end of show.
ALL HAMSTERS TO HAVE A SMALL AMOUNT OF FRESH FRUIT OR VEGETABLE, A SMALL DOG BISCUIT (which will be
supplied by the club) IS ALSO PERMITTED. (Applies to main show exhibits)
SALE OF STOCK to comply with NHC sales rules
10:30am to 4pm only. All stock to be healthy and aged 5 weeks or over. The SELLER must provide boxes for their removal & cards giving date of
birth etc. and the seller’s name/phone number. (please put your name on your boxes) The Sales Manager may refuse to sell stock without giving a
reason. 20% of all sales to be donated to the SHC. No unsold stock to be removed until all stock & monies have been checked.
ALL sales animals MUST be booked in with Mark Harris by 9pm Thursday 12th June 2008 phone 01264 737414
Directions: From the South East: take M3 to J8 A303 Leave A303 at first Andover junction
From South West: take M3 J9 A34 then take the A303 towards Andover/Exeter. Leave A303 at first Andover junction.
From West Country: Take 4th Andover junction of the A303 onto the A3093…………
Continuing directions for all above.
Leave the A303 at the junction signposted “Walworth Industrial Estate” (A3093). At 1st roundabout take 1st exit. At 2nd roundabout
take 2nd exit. At 3rd roundabout take 4th exit (make sure you get into right hand lane before the traffic lights) turn right at these lights
onto River Way. Follow road until mini roundabout, turn right into River Way. Follow this road and take 1st right turn, hall is on the
left hand side.

Mollz
05-06-2008, 12:12 PM
We'll be there, anyone else going?

Matty Day
05-11-2008, 07:08 AM
ill be there just out of interst as bvh is show sec can we send entrys by pm :x

Bourne Valley Hams
05-11-2008, 07:23 AM
ill be there just out of interst as bvh is show sec can we send entrys by pm :x

Don't think I'll take any nonsense though just cos you know me!!! I want those entries in on time!! :wink: :lol:

Matty Day
05-11-2008, 07:24 AM
i can send them in now if you want them

Bourne Valley Hams
05-11-2008, 07:26 AM
Noooooooo!!!!! I shall lose them!!!
The weekend before the show at the earliest please!

Bunsey
05-11-2008, 11:24 AM
lol! i always panic about forgetting to enter my hams and think "shall i send entries now? no, 5 weeks before the show is too soon" :lol:

Lymm, Brinsworth, emley and willington - Paddy, Ruby, Orchid. there all sorted :lol:

05-15-2008, 06:31 AM
I'm so excited about Andover. My first ever show! I'm bringing my handsome Smarterone and Marteser sable boys and my LH yellow Custard, and maybe even my gorgeous little WW Poppy to try her in the pet class. My Mini is going to be rammed full of hamsters! I just wish it was this weekend as I can't wait! :x

vnewman236
05-15-2008, 01:16 PM
Do you have to be a member of the southern to enter a hamster?

Mollz
05-15-2008, 01:21 PM
Do you have to be a member of the southern to enter a hamster?

Nope, you only need to be a member if you want to take away a trophy. But you can just register on the day if you want!

NaomiR
05-19-2008, 12:15 AM
IF I can get hold of some show pens in time I'll be there - will be FAB to see you again ELC 8)

Basia
05-19-2008, 12:23 AM
IF I can get hold of some show pens in time I'll be there - will be FAB to see you again ELC 8)

If you tell Sue when you make your entries you can hire show pens for the day.

05-19-2008, 03:17 AM
I'm so glad you're going Naomi....at least I'll recognise someone!

I'll be after show pens too (3) so I hope there's enough for all us beginners! :?

Holly
05-19-2008, 03:42 AM
Is there anyone going to this show and Blenheim on the Sunday or Monday who could take the little rescue Syrian, Fudge, and look after him for two weeks and give him to a very keen vnewman at Andover if needed?

You might not be needed as Matty is taking him for me at Blenheim but has no transport himself so may struggle as Fudge is now happily settled in his new Gabber - which vnewman (I wish we could use proper names this seems so unfriendly :? ) is keeping, so no need to worry about getting it back.

He is a lovely friendly little chap, will post piccies tonight but would be grateful for a back-up plan, just in case!

Matty Day
05-19-2008, 03:50 AM
thtas fine with me if somone who has got better transport will take him then thats fine :x

if not ill still take him :x

vnewman236
05-19-2008, 03:55 AM
Oooo look at me causing all this trouble :( . I'm so sorry everyone :(

Holly
05-19-2008, 04:12 AM
Don't be silly, I'm sure anyone who can will want to help little Fudge get to his brilliant home with you - and Matty will manage if there's no one else, I'll help him get his stuff to his dad's car, no problem :)

05-19-2008, 04:39 AM
I'll be at both shows and would love to help but there just isn't enough room in my little Mini. I'll have at least 3 (probably 4) of my hams with me at Andover so the car will be full to the rafters. Sorry!

Bourne Valley Hams
05-20-2008, 08:00 AM
I have just been called by the local radio station to go into the studio to do an interview to promote the Andover Show - how scary is that!!! :shock:

Matty Day
05-20-2008, 08:15 AM
cant wait to get my entries in now to get them of my mind.

Who do I speak to about sales? I have got a perfecto tank and a hamster to rehome.

will there be fincard for sale? as I am going to be out by then though i can make it last longer by mixing my current lot with care fresh.

Bourne Valley Hams
05-20-2008, 08:46 AM
Mark is sales manager so you need to speak to him.
Try to contain yourself until after the weekend as I have enough to think about with organising Romsey!! Once that is over you can give me your entries. :wink: :D

Bourne Valley Hams
05-30-2008, 06:29 AM
Latest Andover Show news.
I have just been talking to a producer of BBCs The One Show. A film crew will be attending the show along with Carol Thatcher who will be 'borrowing' a hamster for the day to enter into the show.
So this show could be complete chaos!!

Bourne Valley Hams
05-30-2008, 06:30 AM
I have just been talking to a producer of BBCs The One Show. A film crew will be attending the show along with Carol Thatcher who will be 'borrowing' a hamster for the day to enter into the show.

Moosley
05-30-2008, 06:40 AM
I cant come :(

I was so hoping to go!!! It would have been my first time driving on the motorway and all. Now im stuck trying stupid bridesmaid dresses. I hate dresses. Why meeeee?????

vnewman236
05-30-2008, 07:24 AM

How exciting for my first show!!

souffle
05-30-2008, 08:44 AM
It is quite exciting having the film crew in. We had them at our Christmas show and they filmed the racing and show and also interviewed quite a few of the members. We were on 'Look North' News that night. :lol:

Matty Day
05-30-2008, 08:52 AM
bvh did you get my entreis

just what we need a chaotic show do me a favour lend this bbc person a not very good show hamster :x

Mollz
05-30-2008, 09:27 AM

How exciting and slightly worrying! :x

My goddness, I guess I need to put a bag over my head for the whole day - I hate photos being taken of me, let alone being filmed (although I guess it would be slightly cool to be on TV). :oops:

Will the film crew and Carol Thatcher be there for the whole day, or just a little bit of it?

It does sound like it might add a bit of extra work/chaos for you though BVH :?

Bunsey
05-30-2008, 10:07 AM
you can't do that! you can't just borrow someone's hamster and enter them under your name :o

Bourne Valley Hams
05-30-2008, 11:37 AM
you can't do that! you can't just borrow someone's hamster and enter them under your name :o

Are you going to tell her that?? She's really scary!! :shock:

Matty Day
05-30-2008, 11:47 AM
well we can make sure she gets a bad one at least its unfair she gets the credit for someone elses ham :evil:

have you got my entreis bvh :x

BVMARK
05-30-2008, 11:53 AM
In theory, it is only the same as buying a hamster off of the sales table and entering it in the show on the same day.

Bourne Valley Hams
05-30-2008, 11:59 AM
well we can make sure she gets a bad one at least its unfair she gets the credit for someone elses ham :evil:

have you got my entreis bvh :x

Now come on, think of the promotion for the club! Hmm, now where can I find a really nice Chinese hamster for her to enter?

Yes Matty - I have your entries but I shall ignore them for a week as they are too early!! :wink: :lol:

Matty Day
05-30-2008, 12:34 PM
if you despratly wish i could lend her aprodite but theres now way shes borrowing athena,tiberuis,coulbert, or louis :x

Bourne Valley Hams
05-30-2008, 12:44 PM
I was joking Matty!!! :lol:

She will be entering a Syrian - far more photogenic for the cameras!! :wink:

Mollz
05-30-2008, 12:46 PM
I was joking Matty!!! :lol:

She will be entering a Syrian - far more photogenic for the cameras!! :wink:

Who are you going to let her borrow then? I'm sure she'll be amazed at how pretty any of yours are - so I suppose it doesn't really matter!

Matty Day
05-30-2008, 12:47 PM
youve never meet my chinese they are photogenic :x

souffle
05-30-2008, 12:48 PM
Absolutely BVH the promotion is more than worth it even if she wins BIS. It really is a fantastic publicity opportunity and you should make the most of it. I would go for a Syrian to lend as they have the biggest Awwwwww appeal for the general public. I had people e mail me after our TV appearance saying they had seen it and lots of locals commented. The fancy needs this sort of publicity. :lol:

Bunsey
05-30-2008, 01:08 PM
if she got BIS, wouldn't it seem like it was a fix, even though it's not. plus, people might think it's not a serious thing that is judged properly. i'd just give her an average one. i don't think it's right though. if she won over me i would not be impressed. it's not like it means anything to her. Not to insult my beauties, but even a lesser BVHam would proberbly beat mine!

not that i'm going :lol:

Matty Day
05-30-2008, 01:10 PM
my biggest objectoin is shes taking credit for some one elses ham did she choose it care for it or breed him or her no

thats my objectoin :x

Mollz
05-30-2008, 01:21 PM
my biggest objectoin is shes taking credit for some one elses ham did she choose it care for it or breed him or her no

But will she, or will it just be said on the TV show that she borrowed the hamster for the day, but if the hamster wins anything it will still be put in the journal that the owner won? Surely the hamster would have still been entered into the show by the owner (presumably BVH) anyway? I took it that Carol Thatcher would "borrow" the hamster, and they would follow the hamster through the show - rather than making it seem like Carol had actually won anything and taking it to seriously? Maybe I just presumed though...

I don't have much of a problem with it anyway as, like has been said previously, it is excellent publicity for the club/fancy and should hopefully help to bring new members in.

Bourne Valley Hams
05-30-2008, 01:27 PM
It will just be something to make the filming interesting for viewers - please don't take it so seriously!!
It will actually be a Towy Vale hamster she will be borrowing - the whole thing was Pete's idea so don't lynch me!! :lol:
I think it will be great publicity for the club, I really can't see a negative aspect - except for the fact that it is going to make my job as show secretary a bit more chaotic!

souffle
05-30-2008, 01:29 PM
Perhaps people are not aware how very very difficult it is to get publicity for our clubs. Without public support the clubs would not survive. Without new and young members the clubs will not survive. Any opportunity such as this should be grabbed with open arms and any petty thoughts about who will win or not win should be put aside for the good of the club and the potential for new members and promoting our little friends possibly nationwide. I would be happy for her to borrow one of my hamsters if it were a Northern show. We happily arranged racing and hamsters to test race and be filmed. They were certainly not the winners. I am sure that after the show, should her hamster win, it would be credited to the owner and not Carol as it will all be an act for the cameras. If she did win her pleasue and excitement would make even better publicity. The judging will be normal and anonymous as it is at all shows. I am PRO of Northern and it is hard getting newspapers and sites to take publicity. The National post of PRO is still vacant. I wonder why :wink:

Mollz
05-30-2008, 01:29 PM
It will just be something to make the filming interesting for viewers - please don't take it so seriously!!It will actually be a Towy Vale hamster she will be borrowing - the whole thing was Pete's idea so don't lynch me!! :lol:
I think it will be great publicity for the club, I really can't see a negative aspect - except for the fact that it is going to make my job as show secretary a bit more chaotic!

That's what I thought!

I don't mind being beaten by Carol Thatcher if it helps the club out :) and I can't really see the problem with it myself (but then I guess winning isn't my main priority, but helping the club is high on my list). I would have happily volunteered one of my hamsters, but figured that it would already be sorted out.

If you need any help with anything, Sue - I'll be happy to give you a hand :D

BVMARK
05-30-2008, 01:30 PM

thats my objectoin :x

As I said before: -

In theory, it is only the same as buying a hamster off of the sales table and entering it in the show on the same day.

This is good publicity for the Hamster Fancy, and at the end of the day, If she wins with a "borrowed" hamster, the owner will still know who ownes the little critter.

Basia
05-30-2008, 01:31 PM
I think it's a great idea. I quite like Carol Thatcher since I saw her in the Jungle, I wish I was coming to Andover!

Mollz
05-30-2008, 01:33 PM
I think it's a great idea. I quite like Carol Thatcher since I saw her in the Jungle, I wish I was coming to Andover!

I know, I liked her in the jungle so it'll be quite cool for her to be at show!

Matty Day
05-30-2008, 01:39 PM

now dont get me going about falling standards on tv :x

souffle
05-30-2008, 01:40 PM
No Matty, please don't as I will find it extremely off topic :wink:

05-30-2008, 02:02 PM

now dont get me going about falling standards on tv :x

Maybe just once Matty, you could find something positive to say??? Or just don't post?! :wink:

I think its really exciting that Carol Thatcher will be there. I'm sure she'll be good value. Andover will be my first show and its turning into a VERY big day. :D

Bunsey
05-30-2008, 02:06 PM
i don't think anyone would buy a ham off the table and put it in the show. it would be too late to enter anyway. i certainly wouldn't do that. i'd want to smoosh it all day :lol:

I think it's different from the point of view of someone like myself or Matty who are unknowns. A reserve place or something is very important to get your name on the results and have people recognise your hamstery.

If the hamster will just go down as Towy Vale, then that's ok. i thought it would be entered as Carol and then it would annoy people cos it's not her hamster.

It's not what i thought it was at first. It seems ok now it's been explained a bit.

Matty Day
05-30-2008, 02:06 PM
i do have objectoins true and consider it unfair in some ways

thougth if the program is done in the right way if could raise postive awarness. but i do have concerns if it it is not :x

Mollz
05-30-2008, 02:30 PM
I think it's different from the point of view of someone like myself or Matty who are unknowns. A reserve place or something is very important to get your name on the results and have people recognise your hamstery.

Am I not an unknown then?? I've only been showing since January too you know :wink: and I really appreciate winning anything - but it's a happy bonus, not my sole purpose for going to a show. I value metting friends/other members of the fancy and forum, helping out the club, talking to the public etc. just as much as I do winning any prizes and don't feel that me being "unknown" makes any difference to this.

Anyway, back on topic: I can't wait for this show and I look forward to seeing some familiar faces as well as meeting some new people including ELC, Naomi and vnewman!

Bourne Valley Hams
05-30-2008, 02:43 PM
Well the whole idea of showing hamsters is completely unknown to 99% of the population!! If this show manages to let at least a few people know that hamster showing exists then perhaps we will get less incredulous looks from people when we tell them what we do for a hobby!! :D

Mollz
05-30-2008, 02:48 PM
Well the whole idea of showing hamsters is completely unknown to 99% of the population!! If this show manages to let at least a few people know that hamster showing exists then perhaps we will get less incredulous looks from people when we tell them what we do for a hobby!! :D

Oh, you have no idea about the looks I get at school! Even my closest friends think I'm mad (although most of them do humour me now :x ), and the sort of people I don't associate with think I should be going out clubbing and getting drunk or something not spending all my time with gorgeous hamsters...... :roll:

As the One show follows the news and is at a time when not alot else is on, it should hopefully reach a fair few people and open their eyes to what a lovely hobby is is keeping and showing hamsters!

Matty Day
05-30-2008, 02:53 PM

Oh, you have no idea about the looks I get at school! Even my closest friends think I'm mad (although most of them do humour me now :x ), and the sort of people I don't associate with think I should be going out clubbing and getting drunk or something not spending all my time with gorgeous hamsters...... :roll:

As the One show follows the news and is at a time when not
alot else is on, it should hopefully reach a fair few people and open their eyes to what a lovely hobby is is keeping and showing hamsters!

just some advice mollz i woudnt critasize going clubbing and getting drunk until youve treid them. thougth i do admit i hate clubs pubs are more my cup of tea :x

i do find think people think im mad thougth i have got an order for exibitors passes for next north somerset show.

if it gets one person to join then thats good :x

BVMARK
05-30-2008, 02:54 PM

How do you think I go on then. A 42 year old buider, on the large size, breeding some of the smallest hamsters around :roll:

Mollz
05-30-2008, 02:57 PM
Matty: I wasn't criticising going to clubs or getting drunk, I was criticising people going to clubs and getting drunk who are in my year at school (we are all 14 or 15 years old!).

I have no idea what you mean Mark, you are totally who I expect to be breeding and showing tiny hamsters :x :x

Matty Day
05-30-2008, 03:02 PM
ah sorry i mis interpereted that mollz :x

Bunsey
05-30-2008, 03:28 PM
i think the show being on the One Show is great. Nowt else is on at that time and i've had that prog on before because of that fact :D

I didn't mean that my sole purpose of a show is to win, goodness no, i agree it's more for social purposes. i just meant that i'd be miffed if i was pushed out of the places by this woman and her fake hmster, but it's not gonna be like that i see now.

When i said it means a lot to an unknown, maybe i just speak for myself, but seeing my name as just reserve means a lot to me because no-one's ever heard of me and no-one will want a ham from me if they've never heard of me. i guess it's a matter of respect amongst peers. there was a ham on sale at a show i went to and i heard a group of people saying "who's that breeder?" etc. and they were like oh i aren't buying that then, cos they'd never heard of the breeder

Bourne Valley Hams
05-30-2008, 03:33 PM
i just meant that i'd be miffed if i was pushed out of the places by this woman and her fake hmster, but it's not gonna be like that i see now.

The hamster would be in the show anyway - whether under Towy Vales name or Carol Thatchers!!
:lol:

Bunsey
05-30-2008, 03:38 PM
yeah i realise that now. i thought it was a special one being brought in specially for this woman. i don't have a problem with it no i realise what it is :wink:

vnewman236
05-30-2008, 03:39 PM
Anyway, back on topic: I can't wait for this show and I look forward to seeing some familiar faces as well as meeting some new people including ELC, Naomi and vnewman!

Awww thanks Mollz. I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone as well. I can't wait!!

Mollz
05-30-2008, 03:41 PM

Awww thanks Mollz. I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone as well. I can't wait!!

Make sure you wear a big badge so I know who you are though! Otherwise I'll have to go around saying "Hello, are you vnewman236?" and I may get some funny looks..... :x

05-30-2008, 03:48 PM

The good news is that I've already met Naomi and vnewman so as long as you track one of us down, you should find all of us! Pete knows who I am now, and so does Jean Tye so they can always point you in the right direction.

Mollz
05-30-2008, 03:52 PM
Well, no doubt I will be helping out in some way or another. Whether that be pen stewarding, helping behind the sales table, making coffee for Sue and the judges or something else.

Lots of people (I did put a long list to begin with, but decided to shorten it to "lots" :x ) know us as we've been to a fair few shows since January and have helped out at most of them - so it should be easy to find us too.

vnewman236
05-30-2008, 03:57 PM
I'll be easy to spot - I'll be the one at the sales table with a 7 and a 4 year old telling me "no mummy, no more hamsters" :lol: Well, someone has to have self control don't they? :lol:

Really looking forward to seeing you again ELC x

05-30-2008, 03:58 PM
Perfect! You may end up helping Naomi and I as its both our first show and I think we're both entering about 6 hamsters each and we won't have a clue what to do!!! :wink:

Mollz
05-30-2008, 04:03 PM
Perfect! You may end up helping Naomi and I as its both our first show and I think we're both entering about 6 hamsters each and we won't have a clue what to do!!! :wink:

It's not as hard as you think, but don't worry I'll be happy to help :D Sue will be happy to help to as she'll be the show sec, and she can also point me out as I'm pretty sure you know who I am don't you Sue? :x

I could wear my T-shirt with Amelie on it so that I'm easier for you to find.

Either that or just yell out "Mollz we're here!!" and I'll come and see ya :wink:

BVMARK
05-30-2008, 04:04 PM

There will be plenty of people their to help you out with your entries. Don't be afraid to ask, we won't bite :lol:

Mollz Mum
05-30-2008, 04:05 PM
I'll be easy to spot - I'll be the one at the sales table with a 7 and a 4 year old telling me "no mummy, no more hamsters" :lol: Well, someone has to have self control don't they? :lol:

:lol: :lol: that really made me smile. Yes, it's Mollz with the self control here too!.

Really looking forward to meeting you all.

ELC and Naomi - don't worry, first shows are nerve wracking, but there will be plenty of us about to help. It took us 2 shows to really "get in the swing" as it were. :shock:

Mollz
05-30-2008, 04:05 PM

we won't bite :lol:

Don't listen to him, it's a lie!! :)

Bunsey
05-30-2008, 04:06 PM
i got in a confuddle at Lymm cos i took 5 pens and i'm only used to 2! i took a list of who was in what class so i could match up the labels. that helped. Still got confused though :oops:

Bourne Valley Hams
05-30-2008, 04:06 PM
I'm pretty sure you know who I am don't you Sue? :x

Ummm - let me think.... nope, can't place you!! :wink: :lol:

Mollz Mum
05-30-2008, 04:08 PM
Wow, look at us all offering help at the same time (and the posts crossing).

See, we are a really friendly bunch - just call out "help" and we'll all come running :lol:

BVMARK
05-30-2008, 04:09 PM

Much :roll: :lol:

Mollz
05-30-2008, 04:15 PM

Much :roll: :lol:

No seriously, Mark is a big softie who would do anything to help - as would the majority of the others in the hamster fancy. So don't be scared, we'll all be there to help!

05-30-2008, 05:25 PM
Wow, look at us all offering help at the same time (and the posts crossing).

See, we are a really friendly bunch - just call out "help" and we'll all come running :lol:

Believe me, there'll be a lot of shouting "help!!" You should be able to recognise me by my hamsters as I'm entering my Smarterone and Marteser sable boys, as well as my LH yellow Custard and two of my Campbell girls that Jean liked so much at problem....I'll also be carrying around a bottle of mineral water for the little dears! :wink:

Noodles
05-31-2008, 02:32 AM
I've decided to come too!! Yeah my first hamster show!! I'm really excited - I got some funny looks last night when I was telling my friends about it though!! I hope I will get to meet a few more of you - I just wish I'd chosen a better user name to introduce myself with!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to see all your little fur babies but I think I will be hamsterless myself as Noodles doesn't seem to like car travel bless her! (My boyfriend has offered to drive me so I think I will leave hamsterless too!!)

internet_nobody
05-31-2008, 05:18 AM
Sounds like its gonna be a great show, shame Mike won't drive me that far, grr.

05-31-2008, 03:26 PM
Well, my entry's in so there's no going back now. *nervous nail biting* And I'm bringing 9 hammies!! (3 Syrians, 3 Campbell's & 3 WWs). I figure that even if everyone thinks we're rubbish, there's safety in numbers. :wink:

Bunsey
05-31-2008, 03:36 PM
i'm sure you won't do rubbish! You can also slink off and pretend they aren't your's anyway :lol:

NaomiR
06-02-2008, 11:43 AM
I figure that even if everyone thinks we're rubbish, there's safety in numbers. :wink:

Add to that my 6 and we'll be invincible dear :wink:

Just about to phone my entries through........ekkkkk :oops:

Bourne Valley Hams
06-02-2008, 01:15 PM
Just about to phone my entries through

You'll be lucky - Natalie's on the phone to her boyfriend - she could be hours yet!!! :wink:

NaomiR
06-03-2008, 01:36 AM
Have tried e-mailing them instead :wink:

Have entered Beijing & Jemima to wave to Dwarf flag and Syrians Brioche, Chunky and SBP :D

At least I think I have lol

Bourne Valley Hams
06-03-2008, 06:23 AM
Have tried e-mailing them instead

Just double checked my emails and its not there Naomi - could you try again?
[email protected]
By the way - if anyone phones me then be warned - my phone is playing up - just because it doesn't sound like it is ringing your end doesn't mean its not ringing this end!! Just hang on a minute after you've dialled whatever strange noises the phone is making!!

06-03-2008, 06:39 AM
Have tried e-mailing them instead :wink:

Have entered Beijing & Jemima to wave to Dwarf flag and Syrians Brioche, Chunky and SBP :D

At least I think I have lol

Brilliant! I get to meet Sarah Bessica!! :D

Matty Day
06-03-2008, 12:06 PM
I've decided to come too!! Yeah my first hamster show!! I'm really excited - I got some funny looks last night when I was telling my friends about it though!! I hope I will get to meet a few more of you - I just wish I'd chosen a better user name to introduce myself with!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to see all your little fur babies but I think I will be hamsterless myself as Noodles doesn't seem to like car travel bless her! (My boyfriend has offered to drive me so I think I will leave hamsterless too!!)

if you thinks that bad try and yell your mates that your spendin 50 quid on show pens :D

i never take shows serously and frankly i dont care if i win a sausage :mrgreen:

Noodles
06-03-2008, 12:32 PM
if you thinks that bad try and yell your mates that your spendin 50 quid on show pens

Yeah that's a fair point :lol: Though I have had quite a bit of teasing re. my Facebook Noodles Albums!! One of my friends told me she didn't like hamsters :shock:

But one of my other friends is actually thinking of coming along to the show if she gets enough revision done (doubtful tbh :wink: )

I'm sure EVERYBODY will do very well at the show - I will be cheering all the Forum hammies on.
My boyfriend is very taken with black hamsters (don't all the boys?!!), so in return for my cheers, please tempt him!!! :wink:

Foreverhamsters
06-04-2008, 01:02 PM
i will be there!!! i will have almost finished my exams by the 14th uhh got 2 tommorow :( but yes i will be there with my many chinese hamsters, i also know that rob gudgeon will be there with his chinese so we wont disapoint the judge :lol:

NaomiR
06-05-2008, 08:05 AM
if anyone who's going wants (or knows anyone that wants) Husky robos I have 2 males and 2 females looking for new homes can bring them along - but don't want to unless they're expected I hate dragging them out for "wasted" journeys even if ELC does promise to ply them with aqua de minerale all day lol

Bourne Valley Hams
06-05-2008, 08:15 AM
We would be interested in the females Naomi.
We like to have something of each species for when we do displays and we don't have any huskys. :D

vnewman236
06-05-2008, 08:33 AM
I might be interested in the boys if it might be possible to intro them to my three normals...or would that be asking for trouble :? ? It would mean five robo's in a gabber? would that be overcrowded?

06-05-2008, 09:28 AM
I'd advise against it - unless you're prepared to probably end up separating then and having at least two robo cages anyway. Odd numbers aren't a great idea with robos as they tend to pair up and pick on the odd one out. I recently had 5 robos in a Gabber and they got on really well until they hit the 6 month old mark and since then, I had to remove and separate a robo each night for 3 nights in a row. Arghhh!!! That's a lot of extra cages, a lot of bitten bums (!) and a lot of fretting about the little monkeys (while silently cursing them for not getting along).

By introducing a new pair to your existing 3, it could actually trigger fighting amongst your existing robos too. After a week of living through "Robo Fight Night" and "Robo Casualty", I'd avoid it if I was you. :(

vnewman236
06-05-2008, 09:38 AM
Thanks for the advice ELC! I'm more than happy to have two (or more) cages - just would have been nice to have a bigger group is all. If Naomi says I can have them, I'll have a spare gabber for them anyway (Daisy is going the cambridge I've just won on ebay).

Bunsey
06-05-2008, 10:34 AM
who's Daisy? you can't put a robo in a cambridge if Daisy is a robo

vnewman236
06-05-2008, 10:58 AM
LOL - Sorry I should have been more specific! Daisy is my female syrian!

Spirit
06-11-2008, 12:33 PM
I am coming to the show, yay :D
After begging my manager for the day off and then finding cover for myself, I am now able to come.
It will be great to meet everyone and their hamsters.
I am really looking forward to it. :)

Foreverhamsters
06-11-2008, 02:24 PM
wow looks like it shall be a busy show. i look forward to meeting and chatting with you all!!!!!
look for someone with chinese hamsters coming out of their ears, It will be me!!!

NaomiR
06-13-2008, 01:17 AM
we're all going to need name badges or something, no one will miss me (I can assure you!!) but how will we all know who we are???

I am SO excited about tomorrow I can hardly contain myself :)

Noodles
06-13-2008, 12:16 PM
Quick question - Should I get there for about 10.30 when the judging starts or is it better to go earlier?

I hope I recognise you all :?

Mollz
06-13-2008, 01:16 PM
It depends what you are going for really, Noodles!

Obviously, those of us entering hamsters in the main show will be there for around 10am and wll be there for the whole day. There will be people milling about all day. Then, those just entering pets may arrive between 1 and 2pm.
If you are wanting to peruse the sales table, it might be better to get there earlier - but saying that, it's only a hall show so the hamsters should be around for longer than at a large show.

Really looking forward to tomorrow, and meeting some of you. Just yell out "Molly" and I'll come running Noami lol, stop panicking, you'll find us!

06-13-2008, 01:22 PM
Can't wait!! I know Naomi, and Leanne knows me, so we shouldn't have trouble finding you Mollz. :D

Bunsey
06-13-2008, 01:39 PM
if you're not showing or buying hams then there's no point getting there until about 1pm cos it's pretty dull before then. Nowt really happens until the pet contest and racing starts.

Mollz
06-13-2008, 01:42 PM
if you're not showing or buying hams then there's no point getting there until about 1pm cos it's pretty dull before then. Nowt really happens until the pet contest and racing starts.
No racing in Southern or Midland shows!

BVMARK
06-13-2008, 01:43 PM
Now come on, you should all be tucked up in your beds now, ready for a lovely day out in sunny Andover :roll: .
Oh, belive me Bunsey, they WILL want to be there earlier than 1pm tomorrow.
See you all tomorrow
BVMARK

Spuds Mum
06-13-2008, 01:45 PM
Have a great day everyone tomorrow - sorry we can't be there, but have fun everyone! :D

Bunsey
06-13-2008, 01:51 PM
oh yes, i forgot no racing! :oops:

you should all be in bed by now if you're getting up at 5am! i have to admit that the night before a show i tend to be up late checking all my pens (yes, all 2 of them :lol:) and biscroks and cutting veggies and wrapping in clingfilm. Then i fill bottles of juice for us humans (i cannot survive on tiny plastic cups all day i'm affraid) and checking and re-checking the directions in the hope that we only get a little bit lost rather than turning up 3 hours late :oops:

06-13-2008, 01:56 PM
oh yes, i forgot no racing! :oops:

you should all be in bed by now if you're getting up at 5am! i have to admit that the night before a show i tend to be up late checking all my pens (yes, all 2 of them :lol:) and biscroks and cutting veggies and wrapping in clingfilm. Then i fill bottles of juice for us humans (i cannot survive on tiny plastic cups all day i'm affraid) and checking and re-checking the directions in the hope that we only get a little bit lost rather than turning up 3 hours late :oops:

Well, there may be some racing to the sales table - but it won't be the same without Louby and Hamster Widow setting the pace!

I'm currently preparing my 8 pet carriers, collating directions, getting the mineral water bottles ready for my Campbell girls' entourage (2 cage mates are coming too - but not competing), digging out my coffee bags and thermal mug, blah blah...and it goes on and on.... :roll:

Bourne Valley Hams
06-13-2008, 02:03 PM
(i cannot survive on tiny plastic cups all day i'm affraid)

Tiny plastic cups??? We have posh halls down here - real crockery and a dishwasher to clean it in!! :D

Bunsey
06-13-2008, 02:44 PM
(i cannot survive on tiny plastic cups all day i'm affraid)

Tiny plastic cups??? We have posh halls down here - real crockery and a dishwasher to clean it in!! :D

you posh southerners you :lol:

can't wait til Bath then! a real drink! :P

Bourne Valley Hams
06-13-2008, 03:16 PM
Bath hall isn't quite so posh - mixed crockery and you have to wash up yourself!!
Andover's Phoenix Centre is a new modern place so still pretty smart.

Bourne Valley Hams
06-13-2008, 03:21 PM
Right, I've done all the paperwork as far as I can for tommorrow (97 Syrian entries & 118 dwarf - not bad!!) so now its time for bed.
See you all bright and early in the morning!! :D

Noodles
06-13-2008, 03:49 PM
Oh I'm excited now!

Thanks for the info Mollz (as always :lol: )- I used to show my dog you see and it was like a full day thing as we watched all the different breeds being judged but I guess the hamster judging is different. I just didn't want to miss anything, as it's quite a way for us. If we get bored, I guess we can mooch around Andover anyway so I'm sure it'll be fine!!

I'm not sure what time to go now - I'm not intending to get a baby ham but I don't want to miss out if there was an older one needing a home ... but if I go later, Ed is more likely to be in a good mood and say Yes!!! :?
Argh decisions decisions!!!!!!!!!!

I hope I get to meet you all!!!! See you tomorrow xx

Bunsey
06-13-2008, 06:43 PM
it's not like a dog show at all. At a dog show you see the dogs parade and the judges looking at them. At a hamster show you aren't allowed to stand and watch the judging, aside from from a distance where you can't hear what they're saying. Can you imagine if everyone was stood around the judges bench :shock:

You pretty much bench your stock, check out the other hams, check out the sales and then stand about for a few hours or wonder off, then come back for the pet judging, then stand around a bit more til the prizegiving.

I_am_plankton
06-13-2008, 09:44 PM
I can't promise to resist the sales table - oops!

Foreverhamsters
06-14-2008, 12:23 PM
hope everyone got home safely!
i had a great time and a rather interesting journey home ^^
we somehow managed to go the wrong way up the M3 hehe and almost ended up in london the opposite way to home :shock: so instead of 50 mins it was almost 2 hours hahahahaha

but we are alive now after almost falling asleep on the way home. im glad i managed to get chatting to quite a few people there and it was a great show.

Mollz Mum
06-14-2008, 01:16 PM
hope everyone got home safely!
i had a great time and a rather interesting journey home ^^
we somehow managed to go the wrong way up the M3 hehe and almost ended up in london the opposite way to home :shock: so instead of 50 mins it was almost 2 hours hahahahaha

but we are alive now after almost falling asleep on the way home. im glad i managed to get chatting to quite a few people there and it was a great show.

After the problems on the motorway this morning, we managed to get to Swindon in about 55 minutes, so a really good journey.
It was great talking to you too (and everybody else today).
It was a bit hectic, with lots of people (and of course the film crew!) around, but it was a great show as usual. Thanks to BVH, BVMark, Pete & Chris and everyone else who slogged away - of course not forgetting Katisha and Natalie.
Out of interest, I was expecting to meeting Noodles, Vnewman and a couple of others. Were you there and I just missed you (or worse still ignored you) or did you guys not make it.

I_am_plankton - if you are online at all, please post so that I know you made it home safely.

06-14-2008, 01:27 PM
I've been home about 30 mins and I'm shattered....but....it was a great day out. It was lovely to meet BVH, BVMark, Mollz and Mollz Mum finally.

Also great to see Plankton again, and have a proper catch-up with NaomiR and share our first time at a hamster show experience together. I'm also thrilled to say that my normal Campbell Luke won Dwarf Reserve Best in Show, my boy Hogan won normal WW and I won Dwarf Novice. Yippee! So we've come home with TWO trophies...how proud of my hammies am I?!!! Ah yes, and I got to be interviewed by Carol Thatcher so I'm desperately hoping my hamster "secret" isn't about to be blown by the BBC!!

What a day!! :D

NaomiR
06-14-2008, 01:32 PM
I can't promise to resist the sales table - oops!

you did better than me kid, I was velcro'd to the tables ALL day!!!

Justine you did fab well done - super to see you too, and lovely to meet Molz and Mum (only just got your pm Molz but thank you x) and Matty who is actually jolly polite in person :wink: plus he has some awesome chinese but he knows that 8)

Great day too exhausted to write I'm off to play with some syrians who have been locked up in pens all day for some very strange reason lol

Bunsey
06-14-2008, 02:00 PM
wow Justine! not bad for your first show! :D

Noodles
06-14-2008, 02:13 PM
Yeah I was there - didn't speak to anyone from the forum - I *think* I saw Naomi talking to ELC (did you go to P@H at some point btw ELC?) but they were so deep in conversation I didn't want to interrupt, especially as I wasn't sure if it was them!!!! Matty were you wearing a football top type thing? I saw you if so!!!
I totally missed the film crew as well - observation skills clearly lacking!!!!

I was wearing a blue dress thing and Ed was in a green T shirt. Did you see us? I am going to have a Tshirt made for next time!!! I just could not work out who was who.

A youngish girl spoke to me who to start with I thought for a second might be Mollz but it turned out she wanted me to pretend to be "her adult" so she could buy a hamster!!! I was very flattered to be seen as an adult I have to say!!!!

Despite not meeting you, I had a great time - I think I held one of Matty's chinese - did you have 2 male ones on the table? very cute indeed - and ermmmmm I may have come home with a Towy Vale addition.... :oops:

Foreverhamsters
06-14-2008, 02:20 PM
ooo i saw you!!!!
you came across the car park past a car twice :D were you wearing a scarf like thingy? wasn't a scarf but i dunno it was on your neck Rofl.
i suppose i kind of met you hehe (mentally)

Alex

06-14-2008, 02:22 PM
Yeah I was there - didn't speak to anyone from the forum - I *think* I saw Naomi talking to ELC (did you go to P@H at some point btw ELC?) but they were so deep in conversation I didn't want to interrupt, especially as I wasn't sure if it was them!!!! Matty were you wearing a football top type thing? I saw you if so!!!

I was wearing a blue dress thing and Ed was in a green T shirt. Did you see us? I am going to have a Tshirt made for next time!!! I just could not work out who was who.

A youngish girl spoke to me who to start with I thought for a second might be Mollz but it turned out she wanted me to pretend to be "her adult" so she could buy a hamster!!! I was very flattered to be seen as an adult I have to say!!!!

Despite no meeting you, I had a great time - I think I held one of Matty's chinese - did you have 2 male ones on the table? very cute indeed - and ermmmmm I may have come home with a Towy Vale addition.... :oops:

Oh no, Noodles, I didn't realise you were there. Yes, I vanished to P@H briefly to check out some hamsters Naomi told me about - I was the one in jeans, beige jacket & scarf - carting around a huge tan handbag full of mineral water, hamster water bottles, velcro, cucumber, bedding and coffee bags!!

Noodles
06-14-2008, 02:35 PM
FH - Yes that was me!!!!!
"Scarf" is fine - my throat was hurting like mad so that's why I was wearing it - rather than as a fashion statement lol!!!
Were you talking to a girl in black under the arch thingy? Sorry to have missed speaking to you!

ELC - I was sure it was you because I knew you had a Mini! You were leaving as we pulled up in PAH (to get a gift for Noodles!) and that's why I thought it must be you and Naomi by the sales table. It was my fault - I should have been brave and introduced myself but well "Hi I'm Noodles are you ELC?" might not have gone doen well if it wasn't!!!
How good was that store btw - did you see all the bunnies had a frozen water bottle in their hutches?

06-14-2008, 02:39 PM
Next time you MUST say something!! I was a bit distracted as I was too busy fretting about my hamsters....yes, I know I'm rubbish. :? Carol Thatcher admired my Mini - which for some reason made me very proud!

It was the best P@H I've ever seen - the hamsters had tons of toys and looked really well cared for ....very impressive!

Noodles
06-14-2008, 02:50 PM
It is a very nice Mini!!!
Now I know who you are I will def. introduce myself!!! Congrats on the results btw :lol:

Bourne Valley Hams
06-14-2008, 02:55 PM
See - I told you all my P@H had improved a lot lately!! I like to think its because they know I will be going in to check up on them!! Until a few weeks ago they had a girl working there who used to work in Pampurred Pets (who I used to supply with babies) until they closed down. I had got her very well trained in hamster care there and when she moved to P@H 2 years ago she set about sorting them out. She has now moved to the new store in Salisbury as Livestock Manager. Before she left she insisted on telling the livestock manager at Andover who I was so now he jumps to attention whenever I walk in!!

Sorry I didn't get to chat to everyone today - I was just a bit busy!! :lol:

Noodles
06-14-2008, 03:05 PM
Well the next time you are in - feel free to tell them that Ed and me were really impressed! The animals look great and the rescue bit is really nice. It's worth having the toys in with them for business as well - I bought a bridge thing because I saw it in with the gerbils!!! They have some stuff that I've not seen before as well.

I don't think I saw you BVH but think I saw BVMark when I was getting my new girlie. :lol:

Mollz Mum
06-14-2008, 03:07 PM

Despite not meeting you, I had a great time - I think I held one of Matty's chinese - did you have 2 male ones on the table? very cute indeed - and ermmmmm I may have come home with a Towy Vale addition.... :oops:

I can't believe you didn't say hi. Once the (syrian) judging was over, we were all stood around chatting and saying that we thought a few other forum members were coming, but couldn't work out who they were.

It depends on how long you stayed on whether you saw the film crew, the did seem to disappear for a couple of hours in the middle of the day (no doubt off to the pub for lunch?) - we did try to get Carol to have a bacon roll, but she refused!

It certainly was a very busy show - the syrians were split into two (not literally of course) SH & LH.
LH took about 3 1/2 hours and SH must have taken 4 1/2, so if it hadn't been split it would have taken a looooong time.
Dwarfs took about 6 hours too! And poor Sue had to write out all the cards etc. It was nice to see a larger entry, the last couple of shows we have been to have been quite small.

Bourne Valley Hams
06-14-2008, 03:11 PM
I don't think I saw you BVH but think I saw BVMark when I was getting my new girlie. :lol:

I was the one sitting at the table by the door surrounded by pieces of card frantically scribbling away!! I have no doubt you saw BVMark - he is hard to miss!! :lol:

Noodles
06-14-2008, 03:31 PM
We got there quite early so I think we might have been at P@H or in the town by the time the syrian judging was finished :oops: we did our timings really badly tbh - we missed the pet results as well because we realised we needed to sprint back to drop hammy off and then out again to buy a new cage as well before the shops shut.

Next time we'll have to post what we are wearing!!! It's like going on a blind date!!

All the hamsters were so lovely - I have no idea how you judge them - me and Ed loved them all!!

BatKat
06-14-2008, 06:34 PM
Well done to all who went to the show and next time everyone will have to have name badges :D You must have spent a good part of the day walking past forum members and just not speaking :lol: strange lot :lol: :lol:

Did many of you come home with newbies????? :D

I_am_plankton
06-15-2008, 01:09 AM
Well I had a great day, picked up a new addition who I will introduce asap!

I also got Non Standard dwarf, out of 11 entries so was chuffed to bits!!

Foreverhamsters
06-15-2008, 10:27 AM
oooo leanne you have to introduce that little syrian, omg i knew i should of stolen him :p
he was soooooooooooo cute.

Noodles
06-15-2008, 10:44 AM
I got a LH silver grey (maybe tort) from Towy Vale - she is so pretty - like a raccoon!! I can't introduce her yet because she has decided we are going to eat her and is cowering under her wheel :lol: poor little thing - I hope she will be OK.
We haven't named her yet - I want to call her Sushi but Ed isn't keen and she is "his" hamster apparently (though as I bought her, her cage and everything else, I'm not sure this is a good deal :roll: )
Can't wait to see all your new additions!!

vnewman236
06-15-2008, 11:24 AM
I was there, but I only spoke to Naomi and ELC. I saw BVH and I assume it was BVMark on the sales table? I think I saw Mollz and Mollz mum but everyone just looked so busy I didn't like to interrupt!

I was a bit overwhelmed to be honest! I had never been to an animal show before so it was all very new to me! Plus I had the kids chanting 'buy more hamsters, buy more hamsters' while my mum was glaring at me to make sure I didn't dare! lol! There were some real beauties on that sales table as well!

My mum has decided that I have completely lost the plot!

I promise to be braver next time!

06-15-2008, 11:28 AM
I got a LH silver grey (maybe tort) from Towy Vale - she is so pretty - like a raccoon!! I can't introduce her yet because she has decided we are going to eat her and is cowering under her wheel :lol: poor little thing - I hope she will be OK.
We haven't named her yet - I want to call her Sushi but Ed isn't keen and she is "his" hamster apparently (though as I bought her, her cage and everything else, I'm not sure this is a good deal :roll: )
Can't wait to see all your new additions!!

Ah...that's where she went! You saved Naomi from buying her then as when we went back to look for her, she'd been sold.

I actually have her sister Silver Minx - I bought her at Blenheim. Your girl isn't a tort, she's a definite silver grey, or sepia really - assuming she's the girl I'm thinking of - father is Silver Rod, mother is Expresso??? If she's anything like her sister, she'll be a real bar chewer!!

Mollz
06-15-2008, 11:32 AM
I was there, but I only spoke to Naomi and ELC. I saw BVH and I assume it was BVMark on the sales table? I think I saw Mollz and Mollz mum but everyone just looked so busy I didn't like to interrupt!

I was a bit overwhelmed to be honest! I had never been to an animal show before so it was all very new to me! Plus I had the kids chanting 'buy more hamsters, buy more hamsters' while my mum was glaring at me to make sure I didn't dare! lol! There were some real beauties on that sales table as well!

My mum has decided that I have completely lost the plot!

I promise to be braver next time!

When did you arrive and what were you wearing? I totally missed you!

We were pen/book stearding for LH syrians after about 11/12 o'clock, so you might not have seen us - even if we looked busy, we would have had enough time to say hello (well, I would have)

Make sure you do introduce yourself next time, I promise I won't bite :D

Bourne Valley Hams
06-15-2008, 11:33 AM
It was rather a hectic show with all the filming and everything going on. Plus there were so many show entries and pet entries and locals in!
Some shows are much quieter and it is easier to spot newbies and have time for a chat.
I can always be interupted to say hello, but I can understand that yesterday I probably looked so stressed you didn't dare!! :roll:

Noodles
06-15-2008, 11:38 AM
ELC - Yes that's my baby!!! Ooooh my first forum relation!!! :lol: It's funny - Ed suggested Minx but I had a hamster called Minx when I was younger who was a similar colouring so didn't want to call her that!!

Apparently Expresso was down as a black dom spot but now has been reclassified as tort and white so Pete told me she could be a tort and to look out for a yellow patch.
Is sepia the same as silver grey btw?

I hope she isn't a bar chewer - just bought her an IMAC so she had the same as Noodles :? Maybe I'll hold off on ordering the extension and see if she needs a Gabber instead.

I'm really sorry Naomi - I hope you don't mind that I have her? I just held her and when she cleaned herself on my hand - I fell in love!!

Bourne Valley Hams
06-15-2008, 11:47 AM

Sepia is basically silver grey but with a brownish tinge, the flashes and ticking tend to be brown rather than black. Having said that, the colour of your girl has cleared a lot since I saw her at Blenheim (I have a silver grey dom spot from the same litter) and she now looks much more silver grey than the silver sepia she was then.
Her dad was one of my boys!! :D

06-15-2008, 11:53 AM

Sepia is basically silver grey but with a brownish tinge, the flashes and ticking tend to be brown rather than black. Having said that, the colour of your girl has cleared a lot since I saw her at Blenheim (I have a silver grey dom spot from the same litter) and she now looks much more silver grey than the silver sepia she was then.
Her dad was one of my boys!! :D

Silver Rod (her Dad) is GORGEOUS!!! I fell in love with him at Blenheim and wanted to steal him away but Chris was having none of it. :( And he's a real little character too, isn't he? That's why I called my girl Silver Minx - because I think she's taking after her daddy in the naughty stakes!

vnewman236
06-15-2008, 11:59 AM
Mollz - If it was you and your mum then you had the camera crew over your shoulder so it was definately a bad time!

BVH - you were sitting writing out your cards so I wouldn't have said anything unless I thought I could help out!

ELC - WOW! I've just seen your results! Well done to you and your hams.

Mollz
06-15-2008, 12:07 PM
Mollz - If it was you and your mum then you had the camera crew over your shoulder so it was definately a bad time!

Ah, yep that was probably us and I can see why you thought it would be a bad time! I was wearing a blue/purple top with jeans and we were with the hamsters while they were being judged.

Well, we'll try and find each other next time then :D

Noodles
06-15-2008, 12:12 PM
Thanks BVH and ELC - to my untrained eye, she doesn't look like she has much of a browny tinge and her lines look very black indeed (which is a shame as we were discussing calling her Mocha due to her coffee ancestors and that would have fitted better if she was browny!)

I saw she had a lot of BV in her!

Bourne Valley Hams
06-20-2008, 08:04 AM
Local paper:-
http://www.andoveradvertiser.co.uk/news ... crowds.php (http://www.andoveradvertiser.co.uk/news/news/display.var.2348203.0.one_shows_carol_pulls_in_the _crowds.php)
http://3401.e-printphoto.co.uk/nqsw/ind ... c_id=91927 (http://3401.e-printphoto.co.uk/nqsw/index.cfm?z=z&action=newsearch&keywords=&searchtype=pics&c_id=91927)

souffle
06-20-2008, 01:27 PM
Great report and great publicity too :D Now there is a vacancy for PRO Sue....... :wink:

Bourne Valley Hams
06-20-2008, 01:29 PM
Great report and great publicity too :D Now there is a vacancy for PRO Sue....... :wink:

Haha - I have enough 'job titles' already without that one!! :lol: