PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone going to Andover?

I_am_plankton
05-06-2008, 11:25 AM
Is anyone going to Andover that I could get a lift with? It's a little too far for me to want to drive on my own, I would find it a little bit nervewracking. I would happily drive to the people who could get me a lift or something.

Mollz
05-06-2008, 12:09 PM
We would be happy to give you a lift, but it would be about/over an hours drive from you to us anyway and then an extra hour from us - so it's a really long way round for you!

Unless you want me vomitting everywhere you'd have to share the back seat with the hammies too :wink:

I_am_plankton
05-06-2008, 01:13 PM
Lol thanks Mollz, if you could PM me your address and postcode so I can look at distances and timings, and then I will let you know? I just don't feel comfortable for driving over 2 hours in one go, as I get tired and my knee often hurts :S

Mollz Mum
05-06-2008, 01:14 PM
You make it sound so appealing Mollz :wink:
You really are welcome to break the journey here if you wish I-A-P.

Bunsey
05-06-2008, 01:18 PM
i'd love to go to a southern. I'm hoping to go down south on a holiday this summer and combine it with a show. Maybe the Bath one in July or bowood

05-06-2008, 03:04 PM
I'm thinking of going as I'd really like to get to an actual show (rather than just a display) this year....but its one hell of a trek! As the crow flies, its not too far but its totally the opposite side of London for me and I live right in the centre (slightly east - just by the City) so there's no avoiding the traffic. It looks like a 2.5-3 hour drive each way. :(

But I'd really like to try Custard in a show....

Bourne Valley Hams
05-06-2008, 03:11 PM
I think I just might go .....though it could take me almost 15 minutes to get there. :D :wink: OK, 10 minutes if I put my foot down!! :D

Louby
05-06-2008, 03:16 PM
We will be away in Liverpool that weekend for HW's parents wedding anniversary party.

Did they not think to plan their marriage around such crucial events as hamster shows? :roll:

Bunsey
05-06-2008, 07:52 PM
but Andover is in London :lol: :wink:

Matty Day
05-06-2008, 11:32 PM
i will probably go but are there any things to do which are totally un hamster related around which i can use as bribery for a lift. ie like fishing lakes etc

vnewman236
05-06-2008, 11:45 PM
Apparently there is an Anover train station. Does anyone know if the venue is far from this?

Bourne Valley Hams
05-07-2008, 12:40 AM
It is a little more than walking distance but would only take a couple of minutes for one of us to pop round in the car and pick you up. There are usually one or two people who come by train.

vnewman236
05-07-2008, 01:26 AM
It is a little more than walking distance but would only take a couple of minutes for one of us to pop round in the car and pick you up. There are usually one or two people who come by train.

Thanks BVH. Only thing is there will be me and my two young boys. I dont mind walking as long as I know where I am going!

05-07-2008, 01:51 AM

London's such a BIG place. :wink:

Bourne Valley Hams
05-07-2008, 06:26 AM

Thanks BVH. Only thing is there will be me and my two young boys. I dont mind walking as long as I know where I am going!
It would be no problem to collect you, it would only take a few minutes.

Bourne Valley Hams
05-07-2008, 06:28 AM

I am sitting by the window watching the squirrels climbing the trees and pheasants walking around the garden and I don't really feel like I am in London!!! :D :wink:

vnewman236
05-07-2008, 06:52 AM
[quote="Bourne Valley Hams":33ebzakt]It is a little more than walking distance but would only take a couple of minutes for one of us to pop round in the car and pick you up. There are usually one or two people who come by train.

It would be no problem to collect you, it would only take a few minutes.[/quote:33ebzakt]

Really? That would be very kind!! Ooo I'm all excited now! My first hamster show!! Now to find the £40 train fare :shock: ...

vnewman236
05-07-2008, 06:55 AM

I am sitting by the window watching the squirrels climbing the trees and pheasants walking around the garden and I don't really feel like I am in London!!! :D :wink:

As far as I'm concerned, it's only really London if it's full of council estates, hoodies and has a London underground station nearby... :lol: ...That's what it's like round this way anyways!

Bunsey
05-07-2008, 08:12 AM
i know it's not really in london. it's just a little joke from a northerner. Everything down that way is "london". Pretty much the same thing as when southerners tell me i live in manchester, which is 40 miles away! one southern pal even said why don't you nip into birmingham.... um, b'ham is 50 miles away dear. :lol:

Mollz
05-07-2008, 08:15 AM
i know it's not really in london. it's just a little joke from a northerner. Everything down that way is "london". Pretty much the same thing as when southerners tell me i like in manchester, which is 40 miles away! one southern pal even said why don't you nip into birmingham.... um, b'ham is 50 miles away dear. :lol:

Ahh, I was getting very confused here thinking to myself "I'm sure it's over an hour away from London" lol :x