PDA

View Full Version : 1st lot of babies

ilovemyhammies
05-05-2008, 10:23 PM
while i was on holiday, honey gave birth, dont know how many yet, but there,s at least 4.
i knew she was preggy when i got her, but i was told to mate her again, just in case she had,nt caught. so she was due on 28th april to the 1st boy, thats the day we went away, or due on 1st may to our benny. so not sure when they were born, so will have to work out roughly by counting back from when their eyes open.

am i ok to pick honey up and cuddle her?
i know i cant touch babies yet, but was,nt sure on mum :x

souffle
05-06-2008, 12:33 AM
Is Honey a Syrian? Personally I would not pick her up just yet. She needs to concentrate on raising her babies with no distractions or strange scents coming in to the nest for now. keep her quiet and well fed with protein so she raises healthy pups. Some hammies are very people orientated and will beg to come out but we prefer to resist ourselves, especially with a first litter.

ilovemyhammies
05-06-2008, 01:38 AM
thanks souffle
yes she is a syrian, she keeps coming out of the nest wanting cuddles and probally wanting praised for being a good mum :x but i will resist, its so hard though :(
she is on high protein foods and was before the birth.

agatecrystal
05-08-2008, 02:13 AM
Good luck on the 1st litter! :D

Gust0o
05-08-2008, 02:43 AM
Good luck - let us know how you and Honey get on :)

Holly
05-09-2008, 12:23 AM
Congratulations and good luck, hope it all goes well. Let us see piccies when their eyes are open! :wink: