PDA

View Full Version : Just Amy

Silver
12-19-2012, 04:58 AM
Being Amy :D

Clicky Picture

http://i1062.photobucket.com/albums/t489/SilverStarOne/th_IMAG0395_zpsff46a954.jpg (http://i1062.photobucket.com/albums/t489/SilverStarOne/IMAG0395_zpsff46a954.mp4)

Silver xxx

racinghamster
12-19-2012, 05:08 AM
Amy is just adorable Silver, thanks for posting this. Love those scales too! Great for convincing them to have their weight done! She`s got her eye on that chocolate cake I`ll bet!!! :mad:

jesselle
12-19-2012, 05:14 AM
she is stunning! absolutely gorgeous. you must be so happy with her :) x

Silver
12-19-2012, 05:27 AM
Thank you both,

She is her own girl, knows her own mind & does what she wants to. But with a sweet nature.

I was very surprised she weighed that much because when she is in your hand she dose not feel that weight, quiet light, plus I have yet to feel her body as she has such thick fur. So there must be a hammy in there somewhere! lol

Yes she wanted the cake lol

Silver xxx

racinghamster
12-19-2012, 06:07 AM
She reminds me of a Furby!!! :mad: So cute!

Silver
12-19-2012, 06:24 AM
That's so funny RH,

I've said that myself LOL

Silver xxx

evel_lin
12-19-2012, 06:38 AM
Aw she's so squishable! Beautiful girl :)

Silver
12-19-2012, 06:43 AM
Thank You

Silver xxx

amie
12-20-2012, 02:23 AM
Wow, what a stunning Campbell Amy is. She is so inquisitive and healthy looking.
It took me a while before I saw any of her legs. She is very low to the ground and stocky, isn't she.
I really enjoyed watching the video.

Silver
12-20-2012, 02:37 AM
Thank You.

I very rarely see Amy's legs, unless she is having a wash or upside down in her sand dish. This is what surprised me the most she is so low to the ground unlike WW's who have longer legs which you see all the time.

Silver xxx

Ellisxxx
12-20-2012, 10:08 AM
Shes beautiful!, cant wait to get a dwarf hammie! :D

Silver
12-20-2012, 10:10 AM
Thank You

They are lovely to have

Silver xxx

RachK
12-20-2012, 10:19 AM
Awww Silver! I LOVE Amy! She is just lovely so round & cute. I thought my Hobbes was, but she's even chubbier than him. She's just perfect. :)

Silver
12-20-2012, 10:24 AM
AWWWW

Thank You Rach.

Silver xxx

Jodzie04
12-21-2012, 02:25 PM
Haha so cute and chubby! =)
She really wants some of that cake!

Silver
12-21-2012, 02:26 PM
She sure did.

I told her it was only for humans & she looked at me as if to say I have no idea what your saying lol

Silver xxx

Jodzie04
12-23-2012, 07:14 AM
Haha! Bless her =) I love it when they do that look =)

Silver
12-23-2012, 07:17 AM
LOL

She quiet often looks at me like that, then she just walks off

Silver xxx

racinghamster
12-23-2012, 07:41 AM
Silver, is Amy a breeders Campbell? She certainly looks like a well bred little lady! :) I LOVE her roundness and dense coat. She`s such a character! I`ve decided that I have to have another Russian dwarf at some stage in the not so distant future but I usually look for little rescues, so the chances are I would endup with a hybrid. I would love a winter white but I doubt that would happen as they don`t seem to be very available in this area. Although Amy has melted my heart, I have to say!

Silver
12-23-2012, 07:56 AM
Yes Amy is a NHC Exhibitor/breeder ham.

Her Dad has won COM which is the highest win in the NHC shows, & her Mum also has won shows.

Her Dad is a Qualtai which is a quarter Altai. A Altai is a wild caught Campbell hamster. So she has a little wild caught Campbell in her.

Although I live a hour or so from Amy's breeder I can not travel am house bound apart from small trips to my parents for dinner. So I actually hired a pet courier to bring Amy to me. This of course was much more expensive than buying a local Hybrid or rescue ham.

But if you are near a NHC show, or know of someone who goes to shows near your area they could pic the ham up for you.

I picked Amy from Photo's of what the Breeder had at the time & she & her sister stood out, I picked Amy because she was more compact than her sister which seemed more appealing.

Plus the breeder told me about her personality also. And when I heard she was quicker than the breeders Campbell's usually are & a little hooligan I knew she was for me!.

I will link her introduction here http://www.hamstercentral.com/community/dwarf-campbells-russian-hamster/32213-please-welcome-amy.html

Silver xxx

racinghamster
12-23-2012, 08:19 AM
Wow, she really is a little star! :) Thanks for letting me know Silver and you can see just from her shape and the way she reacts to you that she`s been very well bred and handled. I love the way she bulldozes her way into things! Your right to say she`s a little Hooligan!!! :mad:

That`s also interesting that her lineage is pure and related to a wild relative, which is great.

I don`t drive either and it`s a bit of a drawback when looking for a little one. A friend of mine is very good at helping me out if I see a hamster looking for a home and she can get to it for me, which she has done on a few occassions now, which I`m very greatful for.

The last Russian hamster I had was a rehomed male called Scooby and he took an illness after a while and sadly I lost him far too early into ownership. He was a lovely little guy too. It would be nice to have a Russian hamster again because I love their cheeky ways and their activeness. Fingers crossed I will be able to have one again maybe at the end of this year. But I have enough at the moment with my elderly syrian and my mad robo! :)

Silver
12-23-2012, 08:24 AM
Sorry to hear you lost Scooby, they sure do have Huge personality's that's for sure.

I am sure the right little one will find there way to you.

She loves shoving herself into things!.

Silver xxx

racinghamster
12-23-2012, 09:19 AM
After seeing Amy, it`s made up my mind to keep a Russian dwarf at some point. I may wait until my little robo is older and then start looking.

Silver
12-23-2012, 09:34 AM
Arhhh

Pleased seeing her has helped

Silver xxx