PDA

View Full Version : Poor hamsters :(

Kirsty1987
12-16-2012, 11:19 AM
I wish parents would keep an eye on there kids when taking them into a pet store i had to go pick up a few bits for the gerbils and stopped to have a look at the hamsters where this little girl was slamming her hands against the glass disturbing the poor sleeping hamsters and i told her to stop it, But her parents should have been keeping an eye on her. Then there was the couple walk past with the smallest cage the pet stores sells and knowing some poor hamsters is going to stuck in that :( (bite my tongue and walk out)

hamsftw
12-16-2012, 11:25 AM
Ugh, obnoxious kids like that annoy me. It's mostly their parents fault though, for not teaching them better. Poor hammies, I'm sure they are used to it though, kinda feel bad for them in pet stores because they sleep all day and have to listen to people banging on their cages!

fluffydd
12-16-2012, 12:29 PM
Well done for telling her to stop.

I've suggested to people that they shouldn't buy a particular hamster cage before and they were pleased with the advice. They were thinking of buying a mini duna for a syrian hamster so I told them to have a look at the zooplus website and get a barney cage for only a few pounds more.

On another occasion I saw a couple getting a hamster from the adoption centre. She'd been there for a few weeks and she was very sweet. They had a tiny cage from The Range in a bag and I felt so bad the poor hamster. I wanted to hope that was just going to be a spare cage but most likely that was going to be here home. And the worst thing is that people who buy tiny cages probably don't care enough to let their hamster out to play :(

I feel quite cross that the RSPCA is using pet store adoption centres to rehome small animals where there is no control at all over the size of cage that people are going to keep them in.

Kirsty1987
12-16-2012, 01:03 PM
Had i not been in a rush and the shop not been so busy and they were with the shop assistant the whole time i may have said something :( i didn't even hang around long enough to what hamster they intended on keeping in the cage

Angels&SmudgesOwners
12-16-2012, 01:10 PM
When i was in the discount store they had a so called hamster cage the size of a carry cage i would never house my babies in anything so small some people have no idea :/ xx