PDA

View Full Version : Can hamsters fart?

Angels&SmudgesOwners
12-13-2012, 03:48 PM
12267Sorry but this is one thing i do no know do hamsters fart? please help me with this as it is a question that would keep in my head without a answer. Thank you:):lol: Angel is waiting for your answer as you can see

StarlightSerenity
12-13-2012, 04:18 PM
Lovely pic :)

I assume they do, like all animals.

Nothing worse than a stinky old dog fart >.<

Mikayla
12-13-2012, 07:49 PM
Lovely pic :)

I assume they do, like all animals.

Nothing worse than a stinky old dog fart >.<

I have absolutely nothing to add to the original question, but I know for a fact that chinchillas do not pass gas. It would have saved me a lot of heartache is they did :(

HollyHamster
12-13-2012, 11:00 PM
*awkward silence*

Um... :-&quot;

Lougarry
12-14-2012, 12:28 AM
My daughter swore one of our hamsters farted a few days ago.

Pie
12-14-2012, 12:45 AM
None of mine ever did, or at least I didn't notice, but Google says they can.

LoveMyHams
12-14-2012, 12:54 AM
I would guess they can. I have my suspicions that my ham Caramel might have farted once when I was holding her close to my ear. She might have just made the noise though...

Angels&SmudgesOwners
12-14-2012, 01:51 AM
Thank you all for the reply's i wasn't being funny just really curious nearly as bad as the question what came first the chicken or the egg lol

Pie
12-14-2012, 03:11 AM
Chicken!!!!

HollyHamster
12-14-2012, 03:17 AM
Actually, through painstaking scientific research, countless man-hours of data analysis and several omelettes for breakfast and fried chicken for lunch (for research purposes of course) it can be safely said that the egg came first.

All joking aside though, the evolutionary process would dictate that it was indeed the egg that produced the ancient ancestor of modern day chickens, thus allowing for the species to propagate.

In layman's terms, egg before chicken.

Kissa
12-14-2012, 03:49 AM
All joking aside though, the evolutionary process would dictate that it was indeed the egg that produced the ancient ancestor of modern day chickens, thus allowing for the species to propagate.

In layman's terms, egg before chicken.

But where did the egg come from that hatched the ancient ancestor of modern day chickens? ;)

On topic... I actually assumed all mammals, at least, are capable of farting, and am surprised to hear that chinchillas don't.

HollyHamster
12-14-2012, 03:56 AM
Elementary my dear Kissa. It came from the predecessor of the ancestor of the modern day chicken, which wasn't a chicken at all, but another species entirely. Its common sense and knowledge, after all.

Okay, you can resume the discussion of small animal flatulence now.

jesselle
12-14-2012, 05:07 AM
hmmm, i'm sure i read somewhere that they can't pass gas, hence why foods like cabbage should be fed in moderation.

however i read A LOT of stuff, so i have no idea how valid my memory is lol.

Ramyun Noodles
12-14-2012, 11:40 AM
The answer is yes they pass gas. Their gut is filled with bacteria to process food and a by-product is gas. My vet told me this.

Flamestriker
12-14-2012, 12:53 PM
Hmmm I have no idea but I didn't know chins couldn't I thought all animals could pass gas because it was a by product of digestion.

I do know hamsters can't vomit tho...hope no one is eating right now :)

Angels&SmudgesOwners
12-14-2012, 03:59 PM
what other things can and cant hamsters do i am so inquisitive now.....and loved reading the reply's had a sore tummy reading them by laughing!!!

Erin Loves Dwarf Hamsters
12-14-2012, 05:35 PM
Thistle farted on me once... It was worse than the dog.
How do I know it was her? Well I have never had a hamster vibrate so hard or look so shocked by it's own bodily functions............
:lol:

Flamestriker
12-16-2012, 08:54 AM
Thistle farted on me once... It was worse than the dog.
How do I know it was her? Well I have never had a hamster vibrate so hard or look so shocked by it's own bodily functions............
:lol:

Hahahahahahahahaha...oooooo......hahahahahahaha!

*Gasp* Erin...what were you feeding her?

Erin Loves Dwarf Hamsters
12-16-2012, 09:51 AM
I really don't know!!! :lol: It was probably the cheese from all the Pizza she used to snaffle! I couldn't have her around if there was a Pizza in the room else she'd be dragging a slice away within seconds of me taking my eye off her!

I'll never get over her doing that, she chased everyone from the room with that bottom bomb DX