PDA

View Full Version : Look what the courier bought!

Queen Of The High Teas
12-06-2012, 04:36 PM
I had a delivery at around 10.15 this morning. A lovely man greeted me and handed over 3 plastic tubs with airholes in, and these were who were inside them:

First up, Sunny, my gorgeous little ball of sunshine, courtesy of a wonderful breeder down in Cardiff. I'm smitten with him already:001_wub: :001_wub: :001_wub:, he is so friendly and laid back and I can't believe how soft he is! I've never had a satin before, and I didn't know they felt different to other coat types, it's like holding a little ball of velvet! Yes he does have a wheel, but he's only 7 weeks old so it's not in the cage permanently yet.

http://imageshack.us/a/img846/6231/img2059s.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img833/6941/img2062qk.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img203/6927/img2060lb.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img834/5898/img2083t.jpg

And here's the two who kept him company on his journey up Wales:

My new Roborovski girls:001_wub: :001_wub: :001_wub:, and these are so tiny you can hardly feel them in your hand! Both are 3-4 months old, and from a lovely breeder in the west mids. They are pretty tame for robo's and quite easy to hold, so different to the pet store ones i've had in the past, who were almost impossible to pick up.

Here's Holly:

http://imageshack.us/a/img40/2306/img2042x.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img341/5575/img2064n.jpg

And Ivy:

http://imageshack.us/a/img703/6838/img2057r.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img12/1178/img2053oz.jpg

I also have to give a huge recommendation to Wild World Reptiles, the animal courier who bought them to me. Absolutely fantastic 5 star service, lovely friendly staff, who kept me well informed of everything all the way and look after their 4 legged passengers with the greatest care possible. I would highly recommend them to anyone, best courier I've found and used by far:thumbup:.

Stockannette
12-06-2012, 04:38 PM
That is just too much cuteness for one thread. I bet this crashes the HC.

GemmasMom
12-06-2012, 08:11 PM
Wayyyyy too much cuteness, I agree I just want to squish them allllll. And I love the name Sunny ;) He would be good friends with my little girl, Sunnie!

lmh
12-06-2012, 08:22 PM
Ooohhh they are adorable!!! :D

HammieandMerlin
12-06-2012, 09:06 PM
AH they're all so cute, but SUNNY <333333

evel_lin
12-07-2012, 02:49 AM
They are beautiful!

Silver
12-07-2012, 03:21 AM
ADORABLE!!!!

I also used Wild World Reptiles who brought Amy to me, brilliant company.

Congratulations on your NHC breeder Hams

Did you watch on there tracking page? You can see where the courier is

Silver xxx

jesselle
12-07-2012, 03:24 AM
wow i never knew you could courier pets?!

they'd absolutely adorable...

shiny
12-07-2012, 03:30 AM
That is just too much cuteness for one thread. I bet this crashes the HC.

You're so right, I nearly fainted from the cuteness :)

Kissa
12-07-2012, 03:36 AM
I need those Robos, I have decided :lol: so frigging cute! Also Sunny is gorgeous, but ROBOS! :D

shiny
12-07-2012, 03:40 AM
I need those Robos, I have decided :lol: so frigging cute! Also Sunny is gorgeous, but ROBOS! :D

I know - for me it's all the fault of the PomPoms - so many cute photos!

indianna
12-07-2012, 05:30 AM
Wobbles... They are absolutely beautiful!!!.. What a coat Sunny has.. Im in love and now want another hammy again!!!...

vanilla-yazoo
12-07-2012, 05:53 AM
they are sooo cute!!! congrats hunny!!! I am glad they arrived safe and well!! x

essentiallysue
12-07-2012, 06:04 AM
I wish your courier would bring some to me over here in Florida!

The Hamster's family
12-07-2012, 06:16 AM
Ohhhhhhhh.... This is a great way to wake up in the morning..!!!!! Toooo cute !!! WAAAAYYYYYYYYYY too cute !! Congrats to you !

Annie xx

cathface
12-07-2012, 06:21 AM
wah they are so cute I want to cry haha. Sunny is particularly stunning!

RachK
12-07-2012, 06:43 AM
Awww Wobbles all three are adorable! I'm with you there on Satin hams Daisy is one & to touch her is just amazing.
Congratulations on your new babies. :)

StuCil
12-07-2012, 07:30 AM
Congrats on your new beautiful hammies who have arrived nice and safe. They're adorable :D

amy104
12-07-2012, 08:01 AM
OMG a white robo, I'm in love!

samzyzg
12-07-2012, 09:35 AM
Oh my they are absolutely adorable :3
May I ask how you went about getting them by courier? Since I don't really have any proper breeders near me (I've heard of a few with good reputation but no NHC registered) if I was wanting a breeder hamster courier would be the best way since I think its about 4hours to the closest for me, so an 8 hour journey is a bit much there and back xD

Silver
12-07-2012, 09:55 AM
Hello Samzyzg,

Perhaps I can help,

I emailed NHC breeders to ask what baby's they had & if they would be ok with a courier picking the ham/s up by pet courier.

Then when the breeder agreed I contacted a few pet couriers with both my post code & the breeders post code & they then quote you a price which you accept or decline.

Then if you accept you need to ask the pet courier what day they can do it on, then contact the breeder see if this day is ok, then set the day, pay for the ham I payed for Amy & the pet courier by Paypal & wait for the day your baby arrives

Silver xxx

Oh I forgot, some pet couriers have there own pet carriers some free some not, or you will need to buy one of the breeders which I did.

Silver xxx

Queen Of The High Teas
12-07-2012, 02:27 PM
Wow, I didn't realise there were so many replies, sorry! Thank you for the compliments, I will take some more pics when they've settled in a bit more.

Silver, yes WWR are absolutely fantastic aren't they? They charged me a decent reasonable amount, unlike a couple of others who wanted £180, £250 and more:shock:. The difference between a proper breeder ham and a pet store one is already very obvious, the fact that I can pick them up and hold them being the most noticeable. It's lovely to know exactly what background they've had, and to know they've been given the best start possible. The robos in particular, when I've hd them from p@h I could hardly catch them, but these 2 are happy to be picked up, and although fast, they can be held just like any other hamster. I have already decided that my next russian dwarf will be a Campbell's or a winter white, or both:p.

Samzyzg, I found the hamsters on other forums I'm on, contacted the breeders and explained what I was after. I explained that I was too far away to fetch them, but would they mind a pet courier (stress it's a DEFRA approved animal courier, or they might think white van man!) picking them up. Some will say no, but I'd imagine most would say as long as you pay for it then fine. Personally, I think it helps show that the hamster will be going to a good home, if your willing to pay upwards of £100 to get a £10 hamster, you obviously really do want it and its not on a wim. Then you find a courier, honestly try WWR first before others, call them and ask for a quote for what type of animal and where it's going from and to. If you accept their price, you either pay COD ( I did with my rabbit's courier), or by card/PayPal. They find a date suitable for them and you and book you in. WWR also contact the breeder to let thm know the details, and dates/times they expect to be there. The weekend before the week you've booked, they call and check everything is ok. When they called me it was to say the delivery would be very late at night, so I opted for them to keep the hams overnight in the hotel they were staying at then bring them the next morning. The driver calls after he's collected to keep you up to speed, then you can have them call just before they arrive if needs be, like I did as he couldn't find our house. The animals are securely fastened into the back of the van which has been specially adapted for them. What I will say, is you would be best looking for a reptile courier as its easier to find one, and they generally do all animals anyway. If you do use WWR you seriously won't regret it. It seems pricey at first, but when I took into consideration how much it would cost me to go fetch them if I could, and the inconvenience of going so far, its not bad. I paid just over what it would of cost me to get to Kingswinford to the show, spending money and money for the hamsters themselves, to get these. An added bonus, it makes the courier price more worthwhile if you get more than one hamster, and WWR give a 10% discount for more than one animal or location;).

Silver
12-07-2012, 02:45 PM
Did you have the time to watch on WWR's tracking page?

You can see exactly where the van is.

I understand completely when you say you can see the difference between pet shop hams & NHC breeder hams. I found that out with the hybrid I had compared to the three NHC breeder hams.

Really pleased for you & looking forwards to seeing more pics

Silver xxx

Queen Of The High Teas
12-07-2012, 02:57 PM
Aww damn no I didn't, I forgot about it! I just sat around early morning waiting for my phone to ring instead! Next time I will though, and yes there will definately be a next time;)

Yep they are very different, I found the same with my rabbits off proper breeders. Unlike ones from pet stores which hide and are difficult to catch due to never being held, both my bunnies happily sit still and be cuddled and are nice and tame. Pet stores should handle their animals IMO, it makes such a huge difference for when they get new owners. That said, I'd never get a petstore rabbit or rat again, and proberbly not a hamster anymore either. Now I know I can get any variety delivered to my door, of practically any pet I want, why do I need to buy one in pets at home?

Silver
12-07-2012, 03:03 PM
Very, Very true Wobbles.

I saw the courier stop at the breeders house & then carry on there travels. I was talking to the computer screen! lol.

Come to Mummy Amy lol

Silver xxx

Kissa
12-07-2012, 03:05 PM
That said, I'd never get a petstore rabbit or rat again, and proberbly not a hamster anymore either. Now I know I can get any variety delivered to my door, of practically any pet I want, why do I need to buy one in pets at home?

While I love the fact that both my hams are from the P@H adoption centre... Oh, I would love a breeder Robo or two :lol:

samzyzg
12-07-2012, 03:11 PM
Sounds good, I'm not planning on getting any more just yet but was considering in the future. I am very interested in a chinese dwarf :3 But I have my 6 to keep me busy just now since theres not been any interest in my two rescues + I think i'm becoming rather attached xD

And yea, If I wanted to go to the Kingswinford show it would've been roughly a 6hour drive there xD
So really I can't attend any shows, think the nearest show theres been has still been about a 4hour drive (considering I dont actually drive, i'd have to convince the boyfriend).