PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed

gutterglitterxx
12-02-2012, 11:55 PM
As many of you know, I lost my little angel Roxy almost 2 weeks ago. I've been cautious in looking at any "new" hamsters because I don't want to dive into something that I am not ready for. I don't think that would be fair to the hamster or myself.

I was on a pet site the other day just browsing, as I do all the time... When I saw this little darling:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b352/gutterglitterxx/b6d9eaaa750b649eadff2e120400d7c2.jpg

Admittedly she looks very much like Roxy, so that's probably why I was drawn to her. Not only did I fall in love with her appearance, I also noticed that her name is Mmmbop! (Which, as a crazy dedicated fan of the band Hanson, I was pretty excited about.) So I decided to e-mail the rescue to see what I could find out about her.

Long story short, they won't even consider me as a mummy to her because they have to talk to my landlady first. I live in a 2-family home, with the landlady living downstairs. When we moved in many years ago, she had said no pets. To be honest, I don't think she would care at all about the hamsters but I'm not willing to risk it and put Cheeto and Jasmine in jeopardy in the process. Her daughter comes over with her dog all the time and there are cats that belong to the neighbor that hang out in our yard all the time. I don't think it would be a problem but I can't be certain. I also can't imagine not having animals so I prefer to leave things where they are.

So I am sort of bummed out. I mean, I respect that they have a certain protocol that they follow at the rescue and I'm glad they want nothing but the best for their animals. But I can't help but be a little disappointed! I'm sure you guys can understand. Just needed to vent....

Biscuit
12-03-2012, 12:22 AM
I'm so sorry. :( I totally understand! She does look adorable and If I was you, I'd feel the same. xxx

evel_lin
12-03-2012, 12:29 AM
That's frustrating :(

gutterglitterxx
12-03-2012, 12:36 AM
I'm so sorry. :( I totally understand! She does look adorable and If I was you, I'd feel the same. xxx

I'm glad I can come to HC and always find people that understand! I was like GRRRRR ](*,) but I knew no one here would get it.

That's frustrating :(

Very! I'm trying to tell myself that maybe it's not meant to be but every time I see that she is still up for adoption, I'm so sad for her. :(

kirsandherbz
12-03-2012, 12:44 AM
Could you talk to the landlady? Don't say you haves hammies already but just ask if the no pets rule is still in place. Maybe she won't have a problem. I understand where your coming from especially finding a ham to fall in love with after your loss Xx

RachK
12-03-2012, 12:59 AM
Completely understandable. I'd be disappointed too.

gutterglitterxx
12-03-2012, 01:25 AM
Could you talk to the landlady? Don't say you haves hammies already but just ask if the no pets rule is still in place. Maybe she won't have a problem. I understand where your coming from especially finding a ham to fall in love with after your loss Xx

I've thought about it but if she says no, I feel like I'll be all that much more paranoid with not only the ones I already have but whoever I may have in the future. I can't help but think it might be better left alone. #-o

Plus I feel like if I did get her to say it was fine, I would then ALSO have to ask her to be willing to speak to these people in order to obtain Mmmbop. She is pretty elderly so I think I'd feel funny. :-k

Maybe it's not meant to be. :confused:

Completely understandable. I'd be disappointed too.

Glad I'm not just being a drama queen. :oops: