PDA

View Full Version : easy to get to shows?

vnewman236
05-02-2008, 05:07 AM
Are there any shows which would be easy for a non-driver in london(with two kids in tow) to get to? Could stay over in Ipswich if there are any around that way as well? I would loooove to get a show!

05-02-2008, 05:40 AM
I can give you a lift when I'm going but I'm afraid there's only enough space in my car for one person (I need the back seats down to fit cages in as its only a Mini). Sorry, that's probably not very helpful! :(

souffle
05-02-2008, 07:46 AM
I think the London Champs show in September(?) is fairly accessable. There are other animals too so your children would enjoy it. Have a look on the National Hamster Council site and see if you are near any on the list :lol:

BVMARK
05-03-2008, 05:41 AM
I think the London Champs show in September(?) is fairly accessable. There are other animals too so your children would enjoy it. Have a look on the National Hamster Council site and see if you are near any on the list :lol:

The London Champs are held in Reading at the river mead center, so it is just straight down the M4 from London. It is the 6th and 7th of September,(Sat the 6th is the actual show).
A great day out to see loads of little furrys :P

Bourne Valley Hams
05-03-2008, 07:07 AM
Andover is just a 1 hour train ride too - we usually end up picking someone up from the station!! :D

I_am_plankton
05-03-2008, 10:32 AM
It's a shame there is no direct train or bus to Andover from Gloucester! :(

BVMARK
05-03-2008, 10:42 AM
It's a shame there is no direct train or bus to Andover from Gloucester! :(

But you have a car :wink:
And there are roads as well :shock:

I_am_plankton
05-03-2008, 10:47 AM
Lol but I don't want to drive that far, a bus or train makes life much easier! Hardly anything goes from Gloucester, not even to Reading unless you are willing to have 5 hour train journey including an hour stop at Heathrow :S Odd!

I'm not sure if I will be at Andover or not, depends on what Google Map tells me lol

BVMARK
05-03-2008, 11:18 AM
I can give you directions if you would like. Would the best way for you be down the A419.
I took tristar to andover from gatcombe last week, only took an hour or so.