PDA

View Full Version : Vet tomorrow

pinkneon
11-27-2012, 04:30 PM
Taking Belle back to the vet tomorrow. Today she's totally refusing even porridge. Unless she dramatically changes overnight it's likely she'll be pts. I am not sure how I will cope with that :( I've had a horrible day today, and looks like tomorrow is gonna be horrible too. It's my birthday on Thursday but that may as well pass by without any notice ... SO please please PLEASE send positive vibes this way. Belle and I need a miracle overnight if she's not going to be pts ...

The Hamster's family
11-27-2012, 04:33 PM
Does she look poorly ?? Is she weak ? I sooo hope so don't have to do that... =( I'm praying for you both...

Annie xxx

sully
11-27-2012, 04:34 PM
She looked quite plump and healthy in her last picture, could she be eating when you are asleep?

pinkneon
11-27-2012, 04:34 PM
She's been asleep all day. She's refusing to even eat any porridge or babyfood ... No one seems to know what's wrong :(

pinkneon
11-27-2012, 04:36 PM
She looked quite plump and healthy in her last picture, could she be eating when you are asleep?

Lol that's her big bum! She's lost about 90g in the past 2 weeks. I don't think she is to be honest - I'm usually up all night and never see or hear her eating anything

shiny
11-27-2012, 04:36 PM
So sorry to hear things are not great for Belle, sending you all our best wishes for an improvement overnight *hugs* from shiny & the hammies

Call me Alison
11-27-2012, 04:38 PM
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx from Alison, scar, pets!!

pinkneon
11-27-2012, 04:38 PM
Also, it's unfair to keep her on a diet of porridge and babyfood (when she does eat it) because that's not going to give her everything she needs

sully
11-27-2012, 04:39 PM
I really really hope she will be okay, shes only a baby! :(

pinkneon
11-27-2012, 04:40 PM
Yeah. We've had this problem on and off since I got her ... And each time she's just started eating again. Usually we get to the vets and she decides that she wants to make me look silly by eating something!

kyrilliondaemon
11-27-2012, 04:40 PM
I'm really, really sorry :( I've got my fingers crossed but do think its really, really good of you to be choosing whats right for Belle now

StuCil
11-27-2012, 05:57 PM
I hope Belle is going to be just fine. Sending you both hugs and positive vibes xx

neosweet112
11-27-2012, 11:46 PM
Wish you and Belle the best tomorrow, hugs and kisses to you both, and you both are in my heart

gutterglitterxx
11-27-2012, 11:47 PM
Good luck to both you and Belle. xxxx

souffle
11-28-2012, 12:59 AM
Pinkneon I think you should wait a bit before making that decision and let Belle tell you when she is ready to have some help. She did look quite good in the last pictures you posted. Make sure the vet checks her teeth carefully and gives her a really good health check. Even if nothing can be done is she will eat porridge and babyfood then that is perfectly fine if it keeps her comfortable and trundling about for a bit longer. Is her tummy swollen at all?
You must be strong for her today and let her know you are by her side through anything.
Good luck pinkneon and Belle xx

petal10
11-28-2012, 02:04 AM
Hope it all goes well today.

pinkneon
11-28-2012, 05:58 AM
Back from vets. Vet doesn't know why Belle isn't eating. She didn't eat the baby food I put out for her last night or the rice cake I gave her. At the vets she was alert and happy (for a change) so the vet was as confused as I was! Now Belle is back in her bed. I'll check on her again later but I don't know what else to do for her ... The vet is giving her one more week to be monitored so we shall see what happens then ...

kyrilliondaemon
11-28-2012, 06:02 AM
I'm glad your back, and its good that she was alert and happy at the vets :)
I hope she decides to start eating again... Keep us updated?

pinkneon
11-28-2012, 06:10 AM
Sure. She's currently cleaning herself lol. I am hoping my RR parcel turns up today (they claim they tried to deliver yesterday but I know for a fact that no one turned up with a parcel) and then I'll have some more finacard so can do a cage clean and will check exactly what (if any) food is stored ...

kyrilliondaemon
11-28-2012, 06:18 AM
Thanks, and its good she's taking the time to clean herself :)
Good luck with the cage clean if your parcel arrives

souffle
11-28-2012, 06:18 AM
Remember they only eat about a teaspoon of food a day pinkneon. They are not big eaters so maybe she eats at night and you don't notice such small amounts? Some weight loss is normal as a hamster gets older. If she is bright and active she sounds to be feeling well enough in herself. I'd give her all the time she wants and just see how she goes on taking each day as it comes. :)

mmmim256
11-28-2012, 06:32 AM
Praying for you guys

strawberrysmom
11-28-2012, 06:51 AM
Positive vibes your way!!!

Knotty
11-28-2012, 06:56 AM
Hi Belle.
It's Pepsi here!!
My mummy says your mummy is upset that you're not eating. Please eat asomething as your mummy is very upset and so is my mummy and me and my sisters. You are my friend and I miss you Belle. I'm sorry that you're not yourself but just think, me you and Fudge are going on that outing to the beach in our little pink hamster car. Lots of Love from Pepsi xxxxxxxxxxxxx

polishrose
11-28-2012, 07:09 AM
Hope she's OK and starts eating again.

GhostsInSnow
11-28-2012, 08:08 AM
Hi Belle.
It's Pepsi here!!
My mummy says your mummy is upset that you're not eating. Please eat asomething as your mummy is very upset and so is my mummy and me and my sisters. You are my friend and I miss you Belle. I'm sorry that you're not yourself but just think, me you and Fudge are going on that outing to the beach in our little pink hamster car. Lots of Love from Pepsi xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yes, we have to do that outing and you have to get better so we can do it and we can make a hamster castle on the beach :) and no one else can come in.
Please eat something for your mummy and for us and our mummy's too as we all love you very very much and want you to get better. It would help your mummy so much if you ate something.
Love Fudge xx

shiny
11-28-2012, 10:09 AM
pinkneon - if you do a full cage clean today I would suggest taking away any stash you find & then just putting down 1 teaspoon of her normal hamster food & nothing else - no baby food or anything & see what happens overnight. You might find it has gone in the morning. I very rarely see my Syrian Teddy eat, he will take his tiny piece of veg or a tiny treat from me in the evening but he does all his pouching & eating from his bowl at night. Please try not to worry too much & just see what happens. Good luck :)