PDA

View Full Version : Millet question

smidgey
11-25-2012, 05:05 AM
Just got Smidge millet for the first time, popped one in her cage and she loves it, she took it to bed with her! It seems quite big, is it ok to leave it in until it's all gone. Do I replace it straight away or use it more as a treat?

Also, I bought four, how long do they stay fresh for? (Maybe should have asked this before I ordered them lol!)

Silver
11-25-2012, 06:58 AM
Yes it's ok to put it all in & ok to give another one when this one has gone, but if the ham strips it straight away & hides the millet I would wait until next clean out as they will get a huge stash lol

Silver xxx

smidgey
11-25-2012, 01:50 PM
Lol ok thanks! x

Silver
11-25-2012, 01:51 PM
Your Welcome

Silver xxx

TraceyH
11-25-2012, 02:40 PM
I just steal an handful of the buds from my birds millet sticks and scatter them in hams cages.

Laurenpops
11-26-2012, 09:37 AM
Ok sorry for sounding dumbo but millet spray is the long thing with little seeds on that you hang in budgie cages right? I've seen it in a few pictures while browsing the cages thread and wondered if thats what it was!

Also is this ok for syrians, cambells and winter whites?

Any other goodies like this that you can suggest as I'm wanting to get a nice big tub of goodies for my girls hamsters that they'll be getting for xmas (already here, being handled daily and introduced to the noise of the house so they dont get an almighty shock by being introduced during the chaos xmas day!!).

sorry for hijaking the thread OP x

Willow's mummy!
11-26-2012, 10:07 AM
I only give Willow and Bethany a spray of millet when they have a cage clean, as Willow used to strip the spray in about 5 minutes and hoard the seeds :) Willow has now lost interest in millet and leaves it hanging in her cage till she decides she'll have a nibble. Bethany pulls her millet down from the top of the cage where we thread it and moves it around her cage.

smidgey
11-26-2012, 01:53 PM
thanks everyone, Smidge is really enjoying it! :) x

evel_lin
11-26-2012, 02:35 PM
Aside from RR is there anywhere else that's good for getting millet in bulk? I only bought 3 stalks of it cos I wasn't sure if he'd like it and he's stripped one very quickly!

Laurenpops
11-27-2012, 05:49 AM
sorry smidgey for going off topic again but I notice you have the sputnik in your avatar, can you tell what size you got as I cant figure out what I need, your smidge is a syrian isnt she? Is she comfy in it?

smidgey
11-27-2012, 02:27 PM
sorry smidgey for going off topic again but I notice you have the sputnik in your avatar, can you tell what size you got as I cant figure out what I need, your smidge is a syrian isnt she? Is she comfy in it?

Yes Smidge is a Syrian, and the sputnik is a large. There's plenty of room for her in it! :D